Author

Topic: [0-4] Cayman ALWAYS fails verification, regardless of card or slot (Read 1537 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
yeah it matters a lot.

32 bit windows sucks at handling multiple gpu setups
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
have to tried to ditch guiminer and switch to cgminer?

it is much better at handling multiple gpus
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
You can't have more than 4 gpus in Windows.

Yes you can.  I am running 8 right now.  The older drivers were limited to 4.  I am not sure which version lifted that cap to 8 but it was a while ago... 11.5? 11.6?
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
mistaken for gribble since 2011
You can't have more than 4 gpus in Windows.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
11.10 either BSODs, crashed the VPU driver or GUI Miner

Installing Win7 x64 to see if anything helps.

Gonna try CGminer afterwards.
11.9 resolves the Verification problem, but now I'm getting the Split Hashrate issue.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
I have 5 cards hooked up to one machine right now. When I go to start all the cards up, the fifth card "[0-4] Cayman" always fails verification.

Disconnecting either the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th card gets rid of the problem and the remaining 4 cards mine perfectly fine, meaning all the slots/cable/cards are ok, but adding a fifth card will make "[0-4] Cayman" ALWAYS fail verification, even when it's the only card mining and all other cards are stopped.

I'm using GUIminer 082011

What driver version, what OS?

The older drivers had problem w/ more than 4 GPU in Windows.
I have 5 cards hooked up to one machine right now. When I go to start all the cards up, the fifth card "[0-4] Cayman" always fails verification.

Disconnecting either the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th card gets rid of the problem and the remaining 4 cards mine perfectly fine, meaning all the slots/cable/cards are ok, but adding a fifth card will make "[0-4] Cayman" ALWAYS fail verification, even when it's the only card mining and all other cards are stopped.

I'm using GUIminer 082011
Jump to: