Author

Topic: 0 balance when i opened Miltibit (Read 1024 times)

copper member
Activity: 1442
Merit: 529
August 01, 2016, 11:22:17 AM
Yes, looks like it still has the virus. AVG antivirus and Spy Hunter find Antivirus Blocking Rules blocking task manager. Antivirus doesn't help. Virus always comes back after I restart the computer.
I changed all my passwords. Should I go to my local police station to report it ?  
I hope you changed all your passwords and everything from a different device. If that machine is still compromised, they probably have keyloggers installed and they probably now have your NEW passwords as well...

You need to fully wipe that machine with a full format and reinstall and start from scratch. I never trust that a machine "cleaned" using antivirus or malware removal tools is 100% clean.

If you didn't use a reformated/reinstalled or different machine to modify your passwords, then I would do so immediately.

Thank you. I just changed my passwords again using my phone.

Not a wise choice even if you changed the passwords from the phone which is a different device there is a saying that once you have been hacked one time, in that same pc you can be many times. A format of your PC is absolutely needed here. And this time right after you install Windows again (if you don't want to change to Linux for better security) right after it install Iobit Malware fighter plus Avira Antivirus and a Antikeylogger like Zemana. Only after you do this go and install whatever wallet you like, but don't click suspicious links although chances are low when you have this tough security to be hacked.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
July 30, 2016, 01:16:11 AM
Yes, looks like it still has the virus. AVG antivirus and Spy Hunter find Antivirus Blocking Rules blocking task manager. Antivirus doesn't help. Virus always comes back after I restart the computer.
I changed all my passwords. Should I go to my local police station to report it ?  
I hope you changed all your passwords and everything from a different device. If that machine is still compromised, they probably have keyloggers installed and they probably now have your NEW passwords as well...

You need to fully wipe that machine with a full format and reinstall and start from scratch. I never trust that a machine "cleaned" using antivirus or malware removal tools is 100% clean.

If you didn't use a reformated/reinstalled or different machine to modify your passwords, then I would do so immediately.

Thank you. I just changed my passwords again using my phone.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
July 29, 2016, 10:30:07 PM

legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122
July 29, 2016, 10:26:56 PM
I just checked my bank statement. They stole logins to my paypal account and tried to order computer from Cyberpower for almost $9000. I was lucky that I checked my online today. That already looks like a serious crime. I sent email to Cyberpower to cancel it. I hope the left their shipping address. I guess I should report to the police about it.
Reinstall your computer immediately, you probably have a virus infection. You need to contact PayPal  and state that the transaction was unauthorised, they can investigate it for you.

Yes, looks like it still has the virus. AVG antivirus and Spy Hunter find Antivirus Blocking Rules blocking task manager. Antivirus doesn't help. Virus always comes back after I restart the computer. They even logged in to my bank account and left additional phone number and email address along with my info. I guess they did it for easier access to my bank information. On Cyberpower web site I found the ir order details with the shipping address what they left.   932 N State Street STE 2 #87673 Orem, UT 84057      I changed all my passwords. Should I go to my local police station to report it ?   

Of course you should! Add on to the report that they stole your bitcoins which are worth $X at the time they stole them. They most likely won't / can't do anything about that part but they'll definitely help with the fiat transactions that took place.
July 29, 2016, 10:17:37 PM
I just checked my bank statement. They stole logins to my paypal account and tried to order computer from Cyberpower for almost $9000. I was lucky that I checked my online today. That already looks like a serious crime. I sent email to Cyberpower to cancel it. I hope the left their shipping address. I guess I should report to the police about it.
Reinstall your computer immediately, you probably have a virus infection. You need to contact PayPal  and state that the transaction was unauthorised, they can investigate it for you.

Yes, looks like it still has the virus. AVG antivirus and Spy Hunter find Antivirus Blocking Rules blocking task manager. Antivirus doesn't help. Virus always comes back after I restart the computer. They even logged in to my bank account and left additional phone number and email address along with my info. I guess they did it for easier access to my bank information. On Cyberpower web site I found the ir order details with the shipping address what they left.   932 N State Street STE 2 #87673 Orem, UT 84057      I changed all my passwords. Should I go to my local police station to report it ?   
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 4158
July 29, 2016, 09:33:19 PM
July 29, 2016, 09:15:21 PM
July 29, 2016, 11:18:44 AM
My wallet is unavailable. When I try to find it Multibit asks for file *.wallet  . I can't find any file with the extention like that. When I try to load wallet.dat it doesn't go. I'm wondering what kind of virus did they use if my AVG Antivirus never found one.

I doubt they removed it, since it makes their activity easier to find out. I think that it was copied, and you may have done too much cleanup on your computer.
The "standard" place the wallet is located is %AppData%\MultiBit\multibit.wallet , but it can be set and you can place it anywhere on your HDD.

That sounds weird, but my original wallet is really gone. I found multibit.wallet but when I opened it i see completely different wallet with different address and no transactions. I couldn't delete that file by mistake because I never clean my computer manually and never delete files what I'm not sure about.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
July 29, 2016, 04:40:11 AM
My wallet is unavailable. When I try to find it Multibit asks for file *.wallet  . I can't find any file with the extention like that. When I try to load wallet.dat it doesn't go. I'm wondering what kind of virus did they use if my AVG Antivirus never found one.

I doubt they removed it, since it makes their activity easier to find out. I think that it was copied, and you may have done too much cleanup on your computer.
The "standard" place the wallet is located is %AppData%\MultiBit\multibit.wallet , but it can be set and you can place it anywhere on your HDD.

I still have emails what they sent me. It probably still has some IP addresses where in was sent from. Should I report to the police? Is bitcoin theft considered as a crime in the USA?

I doubt that the police will take you serious. In their book is like you'd cry somebody stole your pokemon.
And recently a judge in US clearly ruled that BTC is not money.
July 28, 2016, 04:42:54 PM
I still have emails what they sent me. It probably still has some IP addresses where in was sent from. Should I report to the police? Is bitcoin theft considered as a crime in the USA?
July 28, 2016, 11:53:42 AM
I haven't been using my Miltibit client for a few months. Today I opened my client and see 0 balance. I know for sure that I have a few bitcoins in my wallet. I'm new in bitcions world and I'm not sure if I opened the right wallet. Can anybody help me with advice how can i find my bitcoins. Thank you very much.

If it's the multibit classic, then you could try tools -> reset blockchain and transactions.
It may take a while to get back on track -  a progress may be shown bottom-left.

This does not affect your wallet, but the blockchain data recorded locally may have issues (or just be too old) and in some cases the reset does all you need.

I just checked blockchain.info with my wallet address  1QDPkve6ChUT1MePvL6zThcViCpvBGvMog  I haven't been using bitcoins since last October but under my address I saw a few new transaction done by somebody else. I might be mistaken but somebody emptied my wallet somehow and i have no clue how they did it. I still don't have access to my wallet i can see only blockchain.info Because I'm the only user of my computer they probably sent me a trojan virus in the email and stole my wallet.dat file. I remember receiving emails from Slushpool and sky-Hash. Looks like that's how they got virus into my computer. I have no idea how did they pick up my password. Probably it's a virus action.

If blockchain shows you have 0.00018204 BTC in your wallet, Multibit cannot show more.
It saddens me to see that more than 5 BTC were stolen from you (since that 2016-07-20 transaction I see is after last october).
Please don't use that wallet anymore (don't put more BTC on it), if somebody else has the private key of it, he can move away your money anytime.

legendary
July 28, 2016, 10:23:03 AM
I haven't been using my Miltibit client for a few months. Today I opened my client and see 0 balance. I know for sure that I have a few bitcoins in my wallet. I'm new in bitcions world and I'm not sure if I opened the right wallet. Can anybody help me with advice how can i find my bitcoins. Thank you very much.

If it's the multibit classic, then you could try tools -> reset blockchain and transactions.
It may take a while to get back on track -  a progress may be shown bottom-left.

This does not affect your wallet, but the blockchain data recorded locally may have issues (or just be too old) and in some cases the reset does all you need.

I just checked blockchain.info with my wallet address  1QDPkve6ChUT1MePvL6zThcViCpvBGvMog  I haven't been using bitcoins since last October but under my address I saw a few new transaction done by somebody else. I might be mistaken but somebody emptied my wallet somehow and i have no clue how they did it. I still don't have access to my wallet i can see only blockchain.info Because I'm the only user of my computer they probably sent me a trojan virus in the email and stole my wallet.dat file. I remember receiving emails from Slushpool and sky-Hash. Looks like that's how they got virus into my computer. I have no idea how did they pick up my password. Probably it's a virus action.

If blockchain shows you have 0.00018204 BTC in your wallet, Multibit cannot show more.
It saddens me to see that more than 5 BTC were stolen from you (since that 2016-07-20 transaction I see is after last october).
Please don't use that wallet anymore (don't put more BTC on it), if somebody else has the private key of it, he can move away your money anytime.
July 28, 2016, 10:03:40 AM

legendary
July 28, 2016, 09:39:26 AM

legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 4158
July 28, 2016, 09:35:05 AM

Which version of multibit do you use?
When was the last time you did a backup?
Do you have your wallet words (Mulitbit HD only)?

Version is 0.5.17  I've never done any backup, it's on my private computer and nobody has access to it but me. I don't have Multibit words.
You should have done at least a backup. Try going to File>Open Wallet to try to reopen the wallet that you want. Otherwise, go to receive and check if your addresses are there.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
July 28, 2016, 03:46:57 AM

Version is 0.5.17  I've never done any backup, it's on my private computer and nobody has access to it but me. I don't have Multibit words.

You should make a backup now, just in case.

Once you did that try updating to 0.5.19. It might help.

-> https://multibit.org/release-info/classic/v0.5.19.html
July 27, 2016, 04:46:11 PM

copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
July 27, 2016, 11:29:11 AM

July 27, 2016, 11:26:39 AM
Jump to: