Author

Topic: 0.001 BTC is all you need (Read 5933 times)

Activity: 440
Merit: 250
April 06, 2013, 11:03:51 AM
I have given paper wallets to a few friends and family, with an expiry date, and I kept a copy of the private key. I've told them that if the bitcoins are still there at the expiry date, I'll take them back. At the current rate, it will a couple of hundred dollars back in my pocket in a few months, assuming things don't crash.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
April 06, 2013, 10:52:43 AM
Stating that there 7 billion people and only 11 million bitcoins in existance, an average person need just 0.001 btc to do well. So, don't hesitate to distribute it among your friends while the price is too low. One day they may thank you.

all u need then, but not now
lil difference there
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
April 04, 2013, 05:31:01 PM
Bitcoins should not be an investment, but a temporary carrier of value, a transaction enabler between people without borders.
The real value is in the things you like and enjoy, like food, a bed, art or a vacation.
I enjoy things of value - like money.

Oh, you!
Activity: 68
Merit: 12
April 04, 2013, 05:30:15 PM
Bitcoins should not be an investment, but a temporary carrier of value, a transaction enabler between people without borders.
The real value is in the things you like and enjoy, like food, a bed, art or a vacation.
I enjoy things of value - like money.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem
April 04, 2013, 09:59:02 AM
Not all people will involved in bitcoins, though I hope that happen.

Or we can wait for several decades to see this come out.
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
April 04, 2013, 09:37:14 AM
Stating that there 7 billion people and only 11 million bitcoins in existance, an average person need just 0.001 btc to do well. So, don't hesitate to distribute it among your friends while the price is not too low. One day they may thank you.

Probably not.  More than likely it will be lost.  Sell it to your friend if you want them to try to hold onto it.  This is money not doses.  

I've put a silly amount of effort into telling friends and family, only managed to get my parents to buy 3.5etc, not bothering more with anyone else, they can come whine with the rest of them when its too late.

Second that. once i start to talk about bitcoin everyone seems so indifferent. i cant understand it. but yeh, fuck em. let them come and whine when its to late. more for me Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012
April 04, 2013, 05:32:39 AM
OP assumes that wealth is distributed equally, which is not the case.
So an individual from a "first world economy" much likely needs more than 1 mBTC to maintain his current living standard.

In addition it seems questionable that Bitcoin will reach every living person on this planet.
Activity: 14
April 03, 2013, 10:24:29 PM
Stating that there 7 billion people and only 11 million bitcoins in existance, an average person need just 0.001 btc to do well. So, don't hesitate to distribute it among your friends while the price is too low. One day they may thank you.

Interesting point, and as the population increases, the amount of BTC you'll need will be even smaller.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
March 28, 2013, 04:32:53 PM

Shouldn't Bitcoins have all the properties of gold?

There's at least one property that it would be disadvantageous for bitcoin to share with gold: mass.
Activity: 854
March 28, 2013, 04:25:36 PM

Shouldn't Bitcoins have all the properties of gold?
Activity: 561
March 28, 2013, 11:48:27 AM
Better to tell your friends you've set aside .1 BTC for them, and you'll hand it over once they're ready to learn how to use it.

Then you can send an email every few months letting them know how much their stash is worth.
Activity: 14
March 28, 2013, 11:35:44 AM

Sounds great to me. You are right the ball .
Activity: 152
March 27, 2013, 07:12:21 AM
Please donate me 0.001 BTC, address in my sig.  Kiss
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1036
March 27, 2013, 06:49:42 AM
So, don't hesitate to distribute it among your friends while the price is not too low. One day they may thank you.
You can't teach people that things are valuable by giving it to them for free. That's why cubic zirconia is the perfect wedding ring, it's a gift that keeps giving when the ex tries to cash it in for her divorce payday.
Activity: 294
Let's Start a Cryptolution!!
March 27, 2013, 06:44:04 AM
Stating that there 7 billion people and only 11 million bitcoins in existance, an average person need just 0.001 btc to do well. So, don't hesitate to distribute it among your friends while the price is not too low. One day they may thank you.

Probably not.  More than likely it will be lost.  Sell it to your friend if you want them to try to hold onto it.  This is money not doses. 

I've put a silly amount of effort into telling friends and family, only managed to get my parents to buy 3.5etc, not bothering more with anyone else, they can come whine with the rest of them when its too late.

You got them to buy 3.5 btc? That is quite an accomplishment IMO
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
March 25, 2013, 04:02:33 PM
So, don't hesitate to distribute it among your friends while the price is not too low. One day they may thank you.

Sounds good to me. You get the ball rolling. My address is in my signature. 
Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
March 25, 2013, 03:59:57 PM
Indeed. And as of yet, we can't get most of those things with BTC.
Activity: 298
March 25, 2013, 03:52:33 PM
Activity: 238
Now they are thinking what to do with me
March 25, 2013, 10:37:45 AM

Probably not.  More than likely it will be lost.  Sell it to your friend if you want them to try to hold onto it.  This is money not doses. 

legendary
Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008
March 25, 2013, 05:17:26 AM

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008
March 21, 2013, 04:43:29 PM
Jump to: