Author

Topic: 0.3.24 crashing on open in Win 7 [.5BTC bounty now] (Read 1804 times)

Activity: 175
Merit: 100
The nightly backups are a courtesy.. not sure why TheBlueMatt stopped updating them.  Still they should be enough to significantly speed up the block chain download.  If the backup is 2 weeks old, bitcoin only has to download & process 2000 more blocks instead of all 140,000 blocks Smiley
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Hmm, the nightly backup is just over 2 weeks behind. Any thoughts?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025
Thanks freemoney for freemoney!
legendary
You can donate if you like (address in my signature), but there shouldn't need to be a bounty just to get some help here!
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
It sounds like your data directory may have a corrupted blockchain or other files.

The data directory is %APPDATA%\bitcoin, which typically resolves to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin. Before we get started, copy your wallet.dat file in that directory to a USB stick and store it away, and copy the entire data directory to a new location, name the folder bitcoin-backup or such, so you can always put things back as they were before you attempted repair.

The easiest way to rectify this situation is to remove all files from the data directory except the wallet.dat, download a nightly version of the the blockchain from http://bitcoin.bluematt.me/bitcoin-nightly/blockchain-nightly/ , unzip these files into the bitcoin data directory, and launch bitcoin again and let it update to the latest block.

Owe you some coin.

Post or PM address.
legendary
Strength in numbers
Haven't got the new data yet, but clearing out the old let it run, so I think I'm fixed.
legendary
Strength in numbers
Thanks trying now.
legendary
It sounds like your data directory may have a corrupted blockchain or other files.

The data directory is %APPDATA%\bitcoin, which typically resolves to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin. Before we get started, copy your wallet.dat file in that directory to a USB stick and store it away, and copy the entire data directory to a new location, name the folder bitcoin-backup or such, so you can always put things back as they were before you attempted repair.

The easiest way to rectify this situation is to remove all files from the data directory except the wallet.dat, download a nightly version of the the blockchain from http://bitcoin.bluematt.me/bitcoin-nightly/blockchain-nightly/ , unzip these files into the bitcoin data directory, and launch bitcoin again and let it update to the latest block.
legendary
Strength in numbers
It says:

Exception: NSt8ios_base7failureE
CAutoFile::read : end of file
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin\bitcoin.exe in AppInit()

Then when I press OK I get the same thing again and then it tells me that runtime has terminated the program in an unusual way.

I'm guessing something important on my machine is corrupt?

Bounty added.
Jump to: