Author

Topic: 1 bitcoin for a working Windows 7 driver for my e-studio 237 printer (Read 2952 times)

Activity: 500
Merit: 253
"Clean OS" means you haven't tried installing other drivers, that could prevent the built-in drivers from running properly.

I'd do a clean 64-bit install, then plug the printer in, and see if it works.  Probably will.

That said, you could do what the poster above said, run a VM under Windows (VirtualBox should work), map the USB printer to the Linux box, then setup the Linux box as a print server.

For 5 BTC, I'll remote into your existing Windows 7 box and do the above.

I've tried 4 different computers though. Windows asked for a driver every time.
Here you go, please send to 1GZu4CtHa6ai8iWoWiVFxV5VVoNte4SkoG

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-gb/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Toshiba%20e-Studio%20237%20All-in-One%20Printer&v=Toshiba&uid=eStudio%20237&l=en-GB&pf=1&pi=1&c=Printers%20%26%20Scanners&sc=Multifunction&os=64-bit

According to Microsoft the built in 64-bit driver is compatible.  You shouldn't need to load ANY drivers into the clean OS.

When I hit "Update Driver" I hit "Search for updated driver automatically" then it comes back and tells me "Windows cannot find driver software for your device"
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I work for a Toshiba dealer and have both 32-bit and 64-bit drivers. There are two ways of using the machine - GDI print or via the optional boards. PM me to check on the details and I'll send you the correct driver.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
"Clean OS" means you haven't tried installing other drivers, that could prevent the built-in drivers from running properly.

I'd do a clean 64-bit install, then plug the printer in, and see if it works.  Probably will.

That said, you could do what the poster above said, run a VM under Windows (VirtualBox should work), map the USB printer to the Linux box, then setup the Linux box as a print server.

For 5 BTC, I'll remote into your existing Windows 7 box and do the above.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
I hate to say it, but it doesn't look good. I have a feeling that you've probably already tried the above and it didn't work.

Now, Linux supports it quite well. Maybe you could set up a little machine as a Linux print server to talk to the printer?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Here you go, please send to 1GZu4CtHa6ai8iWoWiVFxV5VVoNte4SkoG

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-gb/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Toshiba%20e-Studio%20237%20All-in-One%20Printer&v=Toshiba&uid=eStudio%20237&l=en-GB&pf=1&pi=1&c=Printers%20%26%20Scanners&sc=Multifunction&os=64-bit

According to Microsoft the built in 64-bit driver is compatible.  You shouldn't need to load ANY drivers into the clean OS.
I need both, but if you can only find one I'd say the 32bit version is more important.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hi. I've tried tons of drivers, but this printer will not work on windows 7. I've tried multiple 32 and 64 bit machines to no avail. I've called up Toshiba and they pointed me to to the drivers on their page. None of them work. Not even the Vista 32/64bit drivers. I'm at my wits end, and anybody who can get this going will be my hero.

Anybody up for the challenge?
Jump to: