Author

Topic: 1 LTC Bounty 4x Gigabyte 7950 robnitro's BIOS Flash, Good Cooling, Bad Hashing?? (Read 1477 times)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Use pool:
ltcmine.ru

MSI afterburner:
1100 GPU
1250 Mem

Use coinfig to cgminer:

@echo off
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

cgminer --scrypt -u XXX -p XXX -o stratum+tcp://ltcmine.ru:3333 -w 256 -v 1 -I 20 -g 1 --shaders 1792 --thread-concurrency 21712

Adres for thanks: LYq2Md4wda1sz3GiCeLY55gEXbbunKPMAb
 Wink
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
try gui miner alpha for srypth coin (in this case litecoin)

good pools are (coinotron.com / www.litecoinpool.org) hashrate may depends even of pool

let ratio from gpu /memory be 0.69-0.73

try gpu between 1000-1050   and video ram 1000-1300

driver 13.1

try this (my personal settings)

worksize 256
vectors 1
aggression 19
threads_per_gpu 1
sharethreads 32
lookup_gap 2
gpu_thread_concurrency 16384

i used this for 7950 x 4 , if there is still low hash rate if you need help contact me thrue skype (dejan.arandjelovic86 ) best with hashrate
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
12.8 were shit for me, I had to go 13.XX to get above 600

I'm running 670 khs with 12.8 tc 14336 I 20
Activity: 572
Merit: 500
12.8 were shit for me, I had to go 13.XX to get above 600
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Install driver 12.8 and see the different

Use AMD cleanup utility to remove all the driver
Install driver 12.8
Delete scrypt .bin file in cgminer folder before start the .bat file
From memory all BIOS were flash to F43

My batch file is below:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3334 -u XXXX -p XXXX --thread-concurrency 24000 --auto-fan --temp-overheat 87 --temp-target 77 --temp-cutoff 92 --lookup-gap 2 -w 256 -I 19 -g 1 --gpu-engine 1100 --gpu-memclock 1420 --gpu-powertune 20

I have 9 x Gigabyte 7950 running the same setup and 2 x 7970

In a small case with 2 x 7950 and a few fans it runs around 75 degrees and all of them are around 640-650mhash each card

Edit:
Win 7 64bit and some are Win 8 64bit
I had similar issues to you and it was all sorted out with the correct AMD drivers

Run AMD cleanup utility, reboot PC
install AMD catalyst 13.1 or 13.3beta3 , sorry cant remrmber which one as all my miming PCs are at work (free electricity)

went from 500 to 650
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Hey there,

Obvious first  Wink Adjust board power ?

Apart from powered risers, try the R43 bios it runs at 1.09v 900/1250 and just adjust to 1100/1250 or whatever in trixx.

ezo
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
So I flashed robnitro's FY1 BIOS to my Rev. 2 Gigabyte 7950s last night. I installed Trixx, uninstalled Afterburner, and intensity to 18, GPU clock to 1100, and MemClock to 1250, voltage on all cards to 1.10 instead of the old 1.25. Now I can say the cards are running cooler, and more efficiently, but I have a problem.

The two cards with out powered risers (16x to 1x @ board) are running @ 390KH/s sCrypt, whilst the two cards with powered risers(16x to 16x @ board) are running 640KH/s sCrypt.

Can anyone give some insight as to why this might be happening? I will trouble shoot tonight by switching the riser cables between the cards to see if it is a powered or non powered riser issue. Other than that, does anyone have any clue as to why this is happening?

One more note, when the intensity is turned up to 19 the two 16x to 1x non powered riser cards start losing KH/s and get SICK.

Also, I have one card that the middle fan doesn't spin as fast as the others. I just missed my RMA window, and am not sure how to fix this. It always shows 10 degrees C cooler than the other cards. Also, the fan always runs 500 RPMs less than the other cards.

One last note, the 16x to 1x non powered riser cards always run cooler, yet they are in the middle of the crate.

Help, tips, suggestions, ideas, speculations? All will help. I will offer a 1 LTC bounty to the member that successfully diagnoses and gives instructions on fixing these issues.

*Note - If multiple users prove successful in diagnosing and giving instructions on fixing, the award will go to the first person to give a correct answer, or split between members that have each provided partial correct instructions, although needing both to complete the fix.

I had problem with non-powered risers. Same issue as you but with 5970 cards. When I replaced the risers with powered ones, everything went okay. So imho give a try and test with powered risers.

Smiley

The exact same problem? Flashed robnitro's BIOS then KH/s went down for non powered risers?

Any advice on the fan issue?

No, didnt flash with custom bios. Just edited the factory bios. I had the hashing issue with non-powered risers. Powered: 350 kH / GPU, non-powered: 280 kH / GPU.

Try LitecoinBAMT on a USB pen, it runs all of my cards well with bigger hashrate. Simple to setup, you have to edit only 2 files with some parameters. You can test the RPM and cooling issue too with this.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/sh/s9ln02bno99epe0/Ia0io2xprN/litecoinbamt1.0.zip?token_hash=AAHyiA1eGwKBRTGiZ_PE4wM1zcIRY6RT20GvEbAgRASqiw&dl=1

You have to edit two files:

/etc/bamt/cgminer.conf
and
/etc/bamt/bamt.conf

In the first one edit the pool config. In the second one you can set the GPU params like fan speed and alerts.

I can help you to do it if you need.

Smiley
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Try --g 2 --I13 --thread_concurrency 8192
Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
So I flashed robnitro's FY1 BIOS to my Rev. 2 Gigabyte 7950s last night. I installed Trixx, uninstalled Afterburner, and intensity to 18, GPU clock to 1100, and MemClock to 1250, voltage on all cards to 1.10 instead of the old 1.25. Now I can say the cards are running cooler, and more efficiently, but I have a problem.

The two cards with out powered risers (16x to 1x @ board) are running @ 390KH/s sCrypt, whilst the two cards with powered risers(16x to 16x @ board) are running 640KH/s sCrypt.

Can anyone give some insight as to why this might be happening? I will trouble shoot tonight by switching the riser cables between the cards to see if it is a powered or non powered riser issue. Other than that, does anyone have any clue as to why this is happening?

One more note, when the intensity is turned up to 19 the two 16x to 1x non powered riser cards start losing KH/s and get SICK.

Also, I have one card that the middle fan doesn't spin as fast as the others. I just missed my RMA window, and am not sure how to fix this. It always shows 10 degrees C cooler than the other cards. Also, the fan always runs 500 RPMs less than the other cards.

One last note, the 16x to 1x non powered riser cards always run cooler, yet they are in the middle of the crate.

Help, tips, suggestions, ideas, speculations? All will help. I will offer a 1 LTC bounty to the member that successfully diagnoses and gives instructions on fixing these issues.

*Note - If multiple users prove successful in diagnosing and giving instructions on fixing, the award will go to the first person to give a correct answer, or split between members that have each provided partial correct instructions, although needing both to complete the fix.

I had problem with non-powered risers. Same issue as you but with 5970 cards. When I replaced the risers with powered ones, everything went okay. So imho give a try and test with powered risers.

Smiley

The exact same problem? Flashed robnitro's BIOS then KH/s went down for non powered risers?

Any advice on the fan issue?
Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Smiley
Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.

Jump to: