Author

Topic: 1 Satoshi? (Read 167 times)

Activity: 382
Merit: 5
April 21, 2021, 12:01:05 PM
i dont get your problem ? the value today of 3 satoshi si same as it was year ago when you got 50 000 satoshi or more per claim? Huh
Activity: 953
Merit: 102
★★ freecoyn.com ★★
April 21, 2021, 09:24:05 AM
It's interesting to read comments in that old topic. But back in December 2017 there was big bull run and Bitcoin was about $17k and even reached $20k. It would be more interesting to read answers to such question back in 2015 or 2016.
I remember that when I started to use faucets back in 2015, I didn't even bothered to claim from faucets which were giving less than 100 Satoshi. Best faucets like FreeBitco.in were giving over 1000 Satoshi, what is about $0.75 now. Damn, good times Cheesy.
Eventually, these numbers changed, later I didn't claimed from faucets which were giving less than 10 Satoshi. But now, we aren't far away from rewards smaller than 1 Satoshi. From technical perspective I think it's not big issue for faucets.
Faucets are a waste of time. In terms of bitcoin for time spent, you are better off doing pretty much anything else. Get a job and buy bitcoin or offer some service online, and you can earn hundreds of time more than you can with a faucet.
I used faucets in past and I don't consider that I wasted time on. After holding my faucet earnings for few years, now it's worth way more than I would ever afford to buy. Yes, you can say that back in 2015 I was able to spend $200 and buy full 1 Bitcoin. But for newbie without knowledge it was quite scary to invest even $200. And I didn't had any special skills, so, there wasn't many options how to get Bitcoin. And I don't even talk about income from referrals that I got.

I second this - I've made a decent chunk of change from faucet claims over the years and referrals. You just never know where the price is going next...
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
April 15, 2021, 07:05:42 PM
It's interesting to read comments in that old topic. But back in December 2017 there was big bull run and Bitcoin was about $17k and even reached $20k. It would be more interesting to read answers to such question back in 2015 or 2016.
I remember that when I started to use faucets back in 2015, I didn't even bothered to claim from faucets which were giving less than 100 Satoshi. Best faucets like FreeBitco.in were giving over 1000 Satoshi, what is about $0.75 now. Damn, good times Cheesy.
Eventually, these numbers changed, later I didn't claimed from faucets which were giving less than 10 Satoshi. But now, we aren't far away from rewards smaller than 1 Satoshi. From technical perspective I think it's not big issue for faucets.
Faucets are a waste of time. In terms of bitcoin for time spent, you are better off doing pretty much anything else. Get a job and buy bitcoin or offer some service online, and you can earn hundreds of time more than you can with a faucet.
I used faucets in past and I don't consider that I wasted time on. After holding my faucet earnings for few years, now it's worth way more than I would ever afford to buy. Yes, you can say that back in 2015 I was able to spend $200 and buy full 1 Bitcoin. But for newbie without knowledge it was quite scary to invest even $200. And I didn't had any special skills, so, there wasn't many options how to get Bitcoin. And I don't even talk about income from referrals that I got.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
April 13, 2021, 08:11:07 AM
One Satoshi is currently worth around $0.0006 but I am sure it is going to be much more in future so every satoshi counts in long term.
On a long term trajectory (>10 years), I'm as bullish as they come, but even then I can't see current faucet payouts being worth your time.

Even if the price of bitcoin goes up another 100 times to $6 million per coin (which is obviously an incredibly optimistic scenario), you are still only talking six cents per satoshi. I don't spend a lot of time solving captchas in less than 3 minutes on non-Tor browsers, but even if you are abusing multiple faucets and solving captchas endlessly, you aren't going to earn more than the equivalent of a few bucks an hour, and that's with the scenario of bitcoin making 100x gains. With more realistic gains, you are maybe making 10-20 cents an hour, equivalent. Even if you got a job only paying a few bucks an hour today, putting an hour's wages in to bitcoin would net you several thousand sats and much greater future returns.

Yeah, the old faucets which paid out 5 BTC per IP address seem crazy now, but anyone who had a minimum wage job in 2010 and put one hour's wages in to bitcoin would have been able to buy over a thousand BTC, so it's all relative.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 694
[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope
April 13, 2021, 07:41:11 AM
Lately, bitcoin faucets are a total waste of time because they pay Little too much time-consuming work. Because bitcoin has increased price which made access to bitcoin very expensive.

Faucets are just micro-income and indeed all the time people say that faucets are a waste of time. But who would have thought that every sats that was generated every faucet click 5 years ago is now worth tens or even hundreds of dollars today? There will come a time that the OP's prediction of 1 sat faucet will actually come true and those who gather that moment will be grateful years later.
Activity: 742
Merit: 12
Global peace initiative
April 13, 2021, 05:37:00 AM
Lately, bitcoin faucets are a total waste of time because they pay Little too much time-consuming work. Because bitcoin has increased price which made access to bitcoin very expensive.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
April 13, 2021, 05:02:25 AM
One Satoshi is currently worth around $0.0006 but I am sure it is going to be much more in future so every satoshi counts in long term.

Faucets are good only when projects like Bitcoin are just starting and they can spread a word about it, they are not meant for making you rich but it could happen if you used Gavin Andresen faucet in 2010 that was giving away 5 BTC for just completing a captcha.
I am not a fan of Gavin after what he did with BCH and Faketoshi drama, but I have to give him a credit for creating first BTC faucet in the world, and I enjoy reading comments on his topic, like people saying it ONLY gives 5 coins per day, and that looks similar with OP now saying that faucets will soon give ONLY 1 satoshi.

For my first Bitcoin coding project, I decided to do something that sounds really dumb:  I created a web site that gives away Bitcoins.   It is at: https://freebitcoins.appspot.com/

Five ฿ per customer, first come first served, I've stocked it with ฿1,100 to start.  I'll add more once I'm sure it is working properly.

Why?  Because I want the Bitcoin project to succeed, and I think it is more likely to be a success if people can get a handful of coins to try it out.  It can be frustrating to wait until your node generates some coins (and that will get more frustrating in the future), and buying Bitcoins is still a little bit clunky.

Please try it out and get some free coins, even if you already have more Bitcoins than you know what to do with.  You can get some and then donate them right back; the address is: 15VjRaDX9zpbA8LVnbrCAFzrVzN7ixHNsC

Interesting to see that even Satoshi loved his faucet and had plans to make something similar.

Excellent choice of a first project, nice work.  I had planned to do this exact thing if someone else didn't do it, so when it gets too hard for mortals to generate 50BTC, new users could get some coins to play with right away.  Donations should be able to keep it filled.  The display showing the balance in the dispenser encourages people to top it up.

You should put a donation bitcoin address on the page for those who want to add funds to it, which ideally should update to a new address whenever it receives something.

Activity: 896
Merit: 102
-= OI =-
April 13, 2021, 04:40:29 AM
This has become the law of cryptocurrency, the more expensive the price of a coin, the bonus will be reduced.

Actually the result is the same if you exchange it for the current price of bitcoin. (big bonuses with low bitcoin prices / small bonuses with rising bitcoin prices)

Maybe you can try another way to get bitcoin or another coin not with faucet for now.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
April 13, 2021, 04:39:50 AM
I guess we are going down to maybe just 1 satoshi!

Since the faucets can have their own recording for how much each of their users "has", they can easily go under 1 satoshi too.
I think that the days freebitco.in will give 0.5 satoshi per dip are not that far.

And yes, it's waste of time for the users. But as long as some don't mind wasting that time, faucets will keep staying in business.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
April 13, 2021, 04:31:15 AM
Or nothing? As BTC is getting more and more expensive. I lost my chance on buying XRP and ETH too  Angry
Lost your chance? What are you talking about?

Another thread to add to my growing chain of people complaining they have missed the opportunity to buy bitcoin. The last thread I posted in was in December, not even 4 months ago, where we were being called idiots for buying at $27k. 120% returns in 4 months doesn't seem idiotic to me. 2 months before that, another user was lamenting they had missed their chance when the price was $13k. That was only 6 months ago. Follow my links back to find users complaining at prices as low as $42 that they missed their chance.

How many months will it be before $60k looks incredibly cheap? Do you want to be in the same position then as these people are now?

XRP is centralized trash though. Don't buy it, ever.

Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
April 13, 2021, 04:23:07 AM

Ohmy and 1 satoshi will have a valuable one day. Bitcoin would have to soar higher for it to have good value. I wonder if faucets will still exist if 1 satoshi will be equal to a dollar.  Surprising to see there are faucets still up to this date. It was just used for a website to have traffic so if freebitco.in still using faucets, they are really in need of traffic.

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸
April 13, 2021, 04:11:51 AM
Bitcoin faucets have been a really really bad way of "earning" bitcoin for years and years now, that you're honestly just better off working in a typical fast food chain and use your wages to buy bitcoin.

Not to mention that collecting faucets by solving captchas all day is a very very unproductive way of earning money. At least with working in fast food, you at the very least learn how to communicate better. With faucets though? I guess you're better at spotting fire hydrants and school buses?
Activity: 22
Merit: 1
April 13, 2021, 04:05:14 AM
Hi! Years ago I posted a question here:

Do you think there will be a day when faucets ended up
 giving out only 1 satoshi?

At that time and I am still is with a faucet, freebitco.in. It was at 14 satoshis, today we are down to just 3 satoshi (lowest thus far). I guess we are going down to maybe just 1 satoshi!

Or nothing? As BTC is getting more and more expensive. I lost my chance on buying XRP and ETH too  Angry

Everyone else had better luck with their cryptos over the years?
Jump to: