Author

Topic: 1 TH/S dragon miner. Has anyone tried it more than 24 hours? (Read 8040 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Have you found any evidence of this on the Dragon Miners??
I have been hearing rumors that it is true and even one vendor is looking into it because they are worried the factory was doing just that.

The IP should be displayed on lcd on the front of the miner.
Enter the ip address in your browser.
This should bring up the web interface.

Change the network information and click the green button.
Change the pool information and click the red button.

I had to clicked the buttons a couple of times to get it to take.

I would not trust any pre-installed software. decoding compiled code could yield the discovery that every 1 out of 100th has went to some strange stratum you did not enter.... hmmmm.

it's why I'd run an ip sniffer in front of it or just a firewall that only permits connections to know sources. I found a bunch of odd connections even on my gridseeds that I blocked.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Hey Sudoku,

Can you connect The ethernet cable right into a laptop? Then run a wifi off it from your laptop  (Windows 8.1 Ultrabook)? The problem is I have verizon wireless modem. Those things are crappy and garbage. I was wondering if the miner can run wifi as hotspot. If I buy wireless hub.Thanks

I don't know if that would work. I run Linux at home.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Have you found a way to clean it on the Dragon miner?
Or is this something that is stuck in there and no way out?
I also thought they were shipping with english enabled?

I would not trust any pre-installed software. decoding compiled code could yield the discovery that every 1 out of 100th has went to some strange stratum you did not enter.... hmmmm.

it's why I'd run an ip sniffer in front of it or just a firewall that only permits connections to know sources. I found a bunch of odd connections even on my gridseeds that I blocked.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Hey Sudoku,

Can you connect The ethernet cable right into a laptop? Then run a wifi off it from your laptop  (Windows 8.1 Ultrabook)? The problem is I have verizon wireless modem. Those things are crappy and garbage. I was wondering if the miner can run wifi as hotspot. If I buy wireless hub.Thanks
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
www.LTETC.com.cn is show on the sample screen on the prior page as where to software is coming from - I wonder is this is dummied up by the poster in an attempt to rip pople off
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #6xZicztnDPLFSHA3

Is typed wrong.  It is www.lketc.com if what you mean.

And it is not a scam.

Hey all,
I have been off and on this forum mainly for discussions about mining and video cards. However I am now reaching out to the community about a teaming opportunity. With the announcement of the Titan 100MH/s miner it puts many of us at a disadvantage even if we own multiple mining rigs (I currently have 30). This is obviously a game changer and I am guessing that will change the way all do business by September. I have had a few discussions with the kncminer.com support and sales staff and the announcement of the Titan has actually been well planned but they are still in the software and hardware development stages (If they are on the forum they can correct me if needed). So my proposal to the community is the following;
I have already purchased 10 of these units (in three quantity 3 and one quantity 1 purchases). As one of the first purchases as soon as they announced the capabilities, I will be one of the many receiving the first batch of units. I am looking for additional partners to either help me off set this burden (either by USD or by Bitcoin) or help me buy additional units. I am interested in having a very large ALT COIN hashing capability. That being said I will provide more detailed information to those that reply to me here.
My differentiators to others that may be doing this exact same teaming is as follows; I work with the partners on what they would like to mine (profitability being the key driver) by creating a voting site (to be used as needed), I have a developer already coming up with a program that will divide the hashing power and coin accumulation into partners’ wallets. I already have a datacenter, racks, power requirements, offices etc. This is not a new business or business idea as I am already vested in my current equipment as well as the “soon to obtain” Titans.
Please let me know if you are interested and I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you

what am I missing here?

https://www.kncminer.com/products/titan

100 MH/s for $9,995

my bitmain S1 does 180MH/s for $699

or do they have a typo?

Antminer S1 is a bitcoin miner with sha-256 and TITAN of KNC is a scrypt miner for litecoins.

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
www.LTETC.com.cn is show on the sample screen on the prior page as where to software is coming from - I wonder is this is dummied up by the poster in an attempt to rip pople off
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #6xZicztnDPLFSHA3
Hey all,
I have been off and on this forum mainly for discussions about mining and video cards. However I am now reaching out to the community about a teaming opportunity. With the announcement of the Titan 100MH/s miner it puts many of us at a disadvantage even if we own multiple mining rigs (I currently have 30). This is obviously a game changer and I am guessing that will change the way all do business by September. I have had a few discussions with the kncminer.com support and sales staff and the announcement of the Titan has actually been well planned but they are still in the software and hardware development stages (If they are on the forum they can correct me if needed). So my proposal to the community is the following;
I have already purchased 10 of these units (in three quantity 3 and one quantity 1 purchases). As one of the first purchases as soon as they announced the capabilities, I will be one of the many receiving the first batch of units. I am looking for additional partners to either help me off set this burden (either by USD or by Bitcoin) or help me buy additional units. I am interested in having a very large ALT COIN hashing capability. That being said I will provide more detailed information to those that reply to me here.
My differentiators to others that may be doing this exact same teaming is as follows; I work with the partners on what they would like to mine (profitability being the key driver) by creating a voting site (to be used as needed), I have a developer already coming up with a program that will divide the hashing power and coin accumulation into partners’ wallets. I already have a datacenter, racks, power requirements, offices etc. This is not a new business or business idea as I am already vested in my current equipment as well as the “soon to obtain” Titans.
Please let me know if you are interested and I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you

wow - looks like I'm wire transferring money on monday
LOL

www.LKETC.com.cn is not even a valid website

Hey all,

Maybe a wrong place to start?
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hey all,

by the way - I heard from my guy in Singapore and he'd he happy to contact the factory and find out how much he can buy them for and ship to us.

he was an intern for us here on an exchange program when he was an MBA student at the Wharton School at U. Penn. He's a good guy and can be trusted for sure. His family is quite wealthy and he was a very hard working and humble guy.

pm me with the telephone number and he'll call the factory.

Jeff
Activity: 18
Does anyone know how to overclock this 1th miner?

Thanks Sudoku. This is what I am talking about. Does 1T dragon come with two 650w PSU or is it 1 1000w PSU. If the simplicity is as easy this. I got to buy one.

+1 to Sudoku

Activity: 83
yes. we have working for 5 days with 100pcs. it is working steady.

how is setup for 1T miner? As person interested in the 1T miner. Is the software preinstalled to run this machine?

Plug the power in.
Check your DHCP table for IP
Open browser
Enter IP adress
Enter web frontend  Grin

how is setup for 1T miner? As person interested in the 1T miner. Is the software preinstalled to run this machine?
Activity: 3
Can someone give me run down how to setup 1T dragon miner and any one that interested out there. I just had hell of time getting bit burners running. Is the Rasp Pi with cgminer on the dragon miner as easy as the Antminer or BFL interface where you can connect right away or is there a lot of coding going on? Thanks
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
All it is is one mans word against another. I'm just wondering why you would choose to believe the guy who is ripping everyone of and not delivering because he can't design a pcb to save his life, or the Chinese manufacturers who have been building, mining & shipping working miners since January.
Belief is irrelevant. If people contracted with a firm to produce chips, paid for development and design, then that firm does not have the right to give away/sell/whatever the resulting IP to anyone they wish. Now, I do not know the finer details of Chinese law or the appropriate terms in the agreement for these chips, however piracy of intellectual property is wrong.

You can consider it to be a moral, spiritual, what have you issue, but it is still wrong.

As for "pre sales" and the like, that is a completely separate and independent discussion from piracy. I have no interest in discussing that or confabulating the issues.

C

Of course its belief, you are choosing to believe Giorgio's story over Innosilicon's. Until there is a legal ruling all you have is guesswork and belief. If you stack Bitmine and their managements credibility up against Innosilicon's it makes even less sense.
Mine has been hashing steadily at 1 TH/s. No issues so far.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)
All it is is one mans word against another. I'm just wondering why you would choose to believe the guy who is ripping everyone of and not delivering because he can't design a pcb to save his life, or the Chinese manufacturers who have been building, mining & shipping working miners since January.
Belief is irrelevant. If people contracted with a firm to produce chips, paid for development and design, then that firm does not have the right to give away/sell/whatever the resulting IP to anyone they wish. Now, I do not know the finer details of Chinese law or the appropriate terms in the agreement for these chips, however piracy of intellectual property is wrong.

You can consider it to be a moral, spiritual, what have you issue, but it is still wrong.

As for "pre sales" and the like, that is a completely separate and independent discussion from piracy. I have no interest in discussing that or confabulating the issues.

C

legendary
You sir, are an idiot. And you are butthurt because now your miners are overpriced.

I can understand you feeling ripped off because you paid so much to a reseller of chinese chips (Bitmain) but to go around spreading falsehoods just so you can try and sell your, now, overpriced miners is idiotic.

Strange. Are you saying that chip development should be free or be considered to have zero value because... well the chips are right there now?

Odd.

C

That's not what I am saying at all. What did I say that?

I'm sure the developer of the chips is making plenty of money in China.

The reseller of the chips in Switzerland already made their money fleecing their pre order customers and charging double price for the chips they are reselling to this parties.

legendary
You sir, are an idiot. And you are butthurt because now your miners are overpriced.

I can understand you feeling ripped off because you paid so much to a reseller of chinese chips (Bitmain) but to go around spreading falsehoods just so you can try and sell your, now, overpriced miners is idiotic.

Strange. Are you saying that chip development should be free or be considered to have zero value because... well the chips are right there now?

Odd.

C
Activity: 10
legendary
This 1TH/s miner is using illegal fake A1 Coincraft ASIC based miner produced in China. They are being sold on the black market in China illegally and without Bitmine's permission: http://bitmine.ch/?p=5178

IF YOU PURCHASE THIS MINER THEN YOU ARE PURCHASING COUNTERFEIT HARDWARE AND IN MOST Countries that is considered illegal. Just trying to warn people because we have spent a lot of money on genuine A1 Coincraft chips that we purchased directly from Bitmine at the end of January and we know how much they cost. There is NO WAY that the ones being sold in China for around $4000/miner are legit. It is ruining the Mining difficulty for everyone else for people in China to be stealing Bitmine's intellectual property and selling it for less than the bulk price directly from Bitmine.ch

There is no guarantee that those chips will perform to Bitmine's standards and they are definitely NOT real A1 ASIC chips. Check the price on Bitmine's website yourself for purchasing 500 chips. Their pricing is $43,750 for 500 chips which comes out to be $87.50/chip

How can people in China afford to sell 1TH/s Bitmine A1 Coincraft based miners with 40 chips per miner running between 25-30GH/s per chip for only $4,200 to 5,000? The 40 chips alone cost $3,500 (40*$87.50=$3,500)

This $3,500 bulk purchase cost of the 40 A1's from Bitmine does not include the cost of manufacturing PCB's, cases and the rest of the parts for PSU's, cooling, Raspberry Pi, etc...

The math does not add up so I would be VERY CAREFUL of buying those illegally produced A1 chips! It is like purchasing a fake iPhone. It may work for a little while but it is not the same quality as the real thing. Help stop this criminal activity by boycotting the sale of these fake A1 Coincraft chips from China.

Activity: 168
The 1TH 1kW 'Dragon' miners use a web interface on a Rasp Pi.  They run a custom version of cgminer, and use the API functions to refresh the web interface.

We've had a unit run for well over a week with no performance degradation and no heat issues.

Have a care when purchasing, but they are real miners that work well.
I am wondering does the 1t dragon work on the same perimeters as the bitmain antminers? How is the login and the use of rasp pi.
Activity: 420
What a waste of money
I agree.  The 1 TH/S should not be anymore more 2500$. All the ASIC manufacturer out there are over charging. I hate to say this but coin craft should of never manufacture A1 Chips in China in order to save on cost. While charging its customers 5 GRAND. It shot its self in the foot. Coincraft also took the risk that manufacturing in China would lead to counterfeiting of there chips. Although coin craft probably got the chips for dirt cheap. ntekcomputers, I don't believe coin craft is really the victim. Its us who mine BTC.

I have no tolerance for counterfeiting. I want to be clear on that. Although for bitmine to take so long to produce a working machine when Diff is going up by the week and delaying delivery dates is not cool either.
Activity: 472
This 1TH/s miner is using illegal fake A1 Coincraft ASIC based miner produced in China. They are being sold on the black market in China illegally ...

IF YOU PURCHASE THIS MINER THEN YOU ARE PURCHASING COUNTERFEIT HARDWARE ...

*YAWN like that ever stopped anyone in the bitcoin world before...

Oh wait thats what Yifu did to all us Avalon Batch 2/3 guys.  Chips just disappear out the back door and all of a sudden "delays" turn a 100BTC investment into a 60BTC return...  Hate to say it but most likely those chips are the exact same ones as the CoinCraft A1 and the fact that Bitmine.ch has a backlog they are working through when these chips are just available on the market just shows how inept and/or corrupt they are.  Avalon ran 3-4months late, I haven't been keeping track what month of deliveries has Bitmine caught up to now?

Sorry but 1TH should be $2500 by now, my cheap ANTMiners I got in the first 1.45BTC batch make me wish Bitmain would have continued his historical price drop "curve" - heck I wouldn't pay more than what bitmain sells ANTS for these days which is 0.98BTC for a 200GH rig.  So basically $3200 tops but really under $3K I would bite.  Everything else just seems "meh".
Activity: 698
5% Bitcoin Discount - All Orders
I can't speak of the Dragon miner, though ours seem to have come from the same factory. Ours have an English interface however and different branding too.

We've had some from the first batch running on-stop since the 10th of March. No issues at all.

If you'd like one from a reputable vendor you can purchase here - 28nm 1TH/s Bitcoin Miner $4,999USD + shipping. The second batch is due to arrive on the 18th and dispatch the 21st.

Edit: In case anyone is wondering our cost price does not even come close to having a 3 at the beginning
Activity: 93
This 1TH/s miner is using illegal fake A1 Coincraft ASIC based miner produced in China. They are being sold on the black market in China illegally and without Bitmine's permission: http://bitmine.ch/?p=5178

IF YOU PURCHASE THIS MINER THEN YOU ARE PURCHASING COUNTERFEIT HARDWARE AND IN MOST Countries that is considered illegal. Just trying to warn people because we have spent a lot of money on genuine A1 Coincraft chips that we purchased directly from Bitmine at the end of January and we know how much they cost. There is NO WAY that the ones being sold in China for around $4000/miner are legit. It is ruining the Mining difficulty for everyone else for people in China to be stealing Bitmine's intellectual property and selling it for less than the bulk price directly from Bitmine.ch

There is no guarantee that those chips will perform to Bitmine's standards and they are definitely NOT real A1 ASIC chips. Check the price on Bitmine's website yourself for purchasing 500 chips. Their pricing is $43,750 for 500 chips which comes out to be $87.50/chip

How can people in China afford to sell 1TH/s Bitmine A1 Coincraft based miners with 40 chips per miner running between 25-30GH/s per chip for only $4,200 to 5,000? The 40 chips alone cost $3,500 (40*$87.50=$3,500)

This $3,500 bulk purchase cost of the 40 A1's from Bitmine does not include the cost of manufacturing PCB's, cases and the rest of the parts for PSU's, cooling, Raspberry Pi, etc...

The math does not add up so I would be VERY CAREFUL of buying those illegally produced A1 chips! It is like purchasing a fake iPhone. It may work for a little while but it is not the same quality as the real thing. Help stop this criminal activity by boycotting the sale of these fake A1 Coincraft chips from China.
Nice. Its good to hear about those miners running well. I am planning to find the factory and do a group order. I plan to be very transparent with the numbers.

Is anyone interested. Please PM me. Thanks
Activity: 327
About to hit day 4 and my unit that arrived on Friday is still running at 1Th/s without any hiccups and less than 0.2% HW on BTCGuild.
Activity: 244
I have contacted the manufacture, you can buy the dragon at around 5000 USD+Shipping from China.
If you guys are interested, I can probably arrange a pre-order.
However, I personally don't understand why so many people are still mining BTC?  Scrypt mining is way better in any perspective.
The Gridseed ASIC (BTC/Scrypt) EU distributor is based in Kent, UK:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/minereucom-850usd-thunderx3-80-usd-blizzard-4blizzard-60-usd-each-508904

well - it looks like the guy In china who's been trying to sell me two of these is a theif..

see here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=508790.0;topicseen
Nice. Do they ship to the USA? Just wondering.
Activity: 504
I am actually in the process of finding the factory that is going to make the 1 TH/S dragon miner. Would anyone want the miner if I can find it for around 4000-4500?

I feel we miners got to stick together.

Heres yourfactory. Ongoing price is 4200$ and dropping.

http://www.lketc.com/goods/show-197.aspx

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5597357

This is how it mines.

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1JHfJwJMuuubaEzBuCbc7LonqepD95C899
I am actually in the process of finding the factory that is going to make the 1 TH/S dragon miner. Would anyone want the miner if I can find it for around 4000-4500?

I feel we miners got to stick together.
Activity: 1
@gator, i cant read the chinese...Sad
Activity: 490
If I can find it for better price than 5,999$ would anyone be interested in purchasing at that point. All the prices are overkill. Thanks

I am planning to get a whole slew of them. I might be able to talk them down from pricing.

Chinese have been mining on 28nm since January!
Cheapest I've seen it is this...
http://www.lketc.com/goods/show-197.aspx
1TH / 880W = 19999 Yuan = $3255 USD!
Activity: 52
It sounds like you have made the decision !

it's kind of a toss up to me...

wait for black arrow 2 ths box...

invest in more bitmain s1's which give more bang for the buck costwise than the  dragon miner and if one fail I'm not out of business...

decisions, decisions...
it's kind of a toss up to me...

wait for black arrow 2 ths box...

invest in more bitmain s1's which give more bang for the buck costwise than the  dragon miner and if one fail I'm not out of business...

decisions, decisions...
If I can find it for better price than 5,999$ would anyone be interested in purchasing at that point. All the prices are overkill. Thanks

I am planning to get a whole slew of them. I might be able to talk them down from pricing.
Activity: 256
Because it's sterile...
Bobsag3 have you tried to overclock it? Or is it voltage locked?

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of running the 1 TH/S dragon miner for long periods of time longer than an 24 hour. Is it worth the buy. Thanks

The 1 TH/S dragon miner seems a good buy for the price.

My sample unit has been running 2 weeks without a problem.
legendary
I love the "coming out in the next 60 days" thing. Does that mean this summer?

C
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of running the 1 TH/S dragon miner for long periods of time longer than an 24 hour. Is it worth the buy. Thanks

My sample unit has been running 2 weeks without a problem.
at $5,999 is juts not a good deal compared to all the 2 Th/s unit coming out in the next 45 to 60 days
Hi everyone

Jump to: