Author

Topic: 1 week experience (Read 420 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
April 17, 2013, 03:23:18 AM
or just repurpose to LTC..
Activity: 42
April 17, 2013, 02:42:14 AM
atm its still better mining with video cards, at least u can sell as game boards and get your money back. Investing on asics atm is not safe, i pre-ordered only 2x 5gh's, if it works i might think about increasing my rig but atm it just sounds impossible, btcs value is gettin low again and in some months there will be a huge hashrate increasement
Activity: 25
April 17, 2013, 02:33:25 AM
Wanted to share my 1 week experience and how i got myself into this hole.

Was watching bloomberg while surfing the web and suddenly something i never though the main stream media would mention was "BITCOIN".

I stopped whatever i was doing switched my attention to bloomberg to be told it had increased to $80USD.

I knew of bitcoin years ago but brushed it off so straight away i put my foot down and decided to research as much as i can about bitcoin.

Took about 2 days to digest what is was and what i needed and went to work mode.

I went to forums, ebay and classifieds to search for every 5870 or 5970 i could grab.

1 week later i have invested $1200~ and have obtained:

2 5970 hashing 800 each
3 water blocked 5870 hashing 400 each
2 corsair GS800

I may have to buy a new power supply as they are doing close to 800watts but using a fluke 179 meter i measure over 12v on the 12v line so don't really know what to think.

Using cgminer, copied the flags for them on the hardware comparison chart and read the README to tweak it and worked straight away.

The ONLY issue i ever had was trying to figure out why the ati drivers were not installing opengl for me, turns out i had to manually install them by exploring the decompressed ati drivers on C drive where there was a opengl driver.

What i noticed is the rise of gpu cards so if i want out i sell my cards and coins and could still come out on top.

To people in the buying 5870 over $150 and 5970 for $400 you really should just buy 7950, it works out better in the long run when you resell the gpu.
Jump to: