Author

Topic: [10-18-2013] A Banker's Worst Fear (Read 1355 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
October 21, 2013, 03:13:34 AM
What Bitcoin has taught me: decentralize all the things!

free market 101!
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
October 21, 2013, 03:08:55 AM
What Bitcoin has taught me: decentralize all the things!
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
October 20, 2013, 11:29:17 PM
I think saying Gold/Silver aren't currency was a mistake particularly when they showed coins lol Gold/Silver has been used as a currency for hundreds of years, it's only because current governments have claimed it isn't a currency that people believe that today, the people who made this documentary need to look up some history.

currently they aren't currency is the point. you can't buy digital goods for them

At this point, but you can bet people are going to go back to them once paper money collapses.
Activity: 526
Merit: 508
My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck
October 20, 2013, 06:00:51 AM
Overall I kinda like it... It does walk newbies through the proper funnel once they're past the whole weusecoins film stage, but It's really not that well produced, which during first impressions matters a hell of a lot.

And like the others said, mentioning gold as not a currency will confuse laymen because most idiots out there think the dollar is still gold-backed!

Docs like these have to be really careful to not assume that their audience knows what money is at all. People just don't "get" money in the slightest, have have been actively propagandized against doing so.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
October 20, 2013, 05:22:02 AM
I think saying Gold/Silver aren't currency was a mistake particularly when they showed coins lol Gold/Silver has been used as a currency for hundreds of years, it's only because current governments have claimed it isn't a currency that people believe that today, the people who made this documentary need to look up some history.

currently they aren't currency is the point. you can't buy digital goods for them
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
October 19, 2013, 03:10:37 PM

yes indeed. gold and silver are also a good way to store wealth.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
October 19, 2013, 06:25:17 AM
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
October 18, 2013, 07:06:48 PM
The video starts off with giving the likes of anyone who is mad at the current system reason to think about or get straight to adopting bitcoin; the bankers hate it.

The bankers hate it-the rest of the world should love it!   Grin
Activity: 396
Merit: 250
October 18, 2013, 03:51:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_hBhymFfm8&noredirect=1

Definitely a video that could be passed around to those not as knowledgeable in what cryptos are.
Jump to: