Author

Topic: $100 million is going to the person with the best idea for how to spend $100 mil (Read 399 times)

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
He has a point with plastics..

I seen a cool news bit recently where some tech-nerds made biodegradable 6 pack rings
Which are commonly used on bar cans which end up in the ocean hurting marine life.
Actually the rings were made of stuff fish can eat.

No point in cleaning the Great Pacific garbage patch

Estimates of size range from 700,000 square kilometres (270,000 sq mi) (about the size of Texas) to more than 15,000,000 square kilometres (5,800,000 sq mi) (0.4% to 8% of the size of the Pacific Ocean), or, in some media reports, up to "twice the size of the continental United States"

..unless you stop what is causing it.

But hey.. who gives a fuck ..i got beer to drink !

Does this mentality seem familiar ?

Altcoins cough cough LOL

EDIT:
Don't forget about my recent Toothpaste topic where i mentioned the plastic pellets in Hygiene products Wink

There exist plastics that degrade in water. We gonna change to it over the next decades!
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
He has a point with plastics..

I seen a cool news bit recently where some tech-nerds made biodegradable 6 pack rings
Which are commonly used on bar cans which end up in the ocean hurting marine life.
Actually the rings were made of stuff fish can eat.

No point in cleaning the Great Pacific garbage patch

Estimates of size range from 700,000 square kilometres (270,000 sq mi) (about the size of Texas) to more than 15,000,000 square kilometres (5,800,000 sq mi) (0.4% to 8% of the size of the Pacific Ocean), or, in some media reports, up to "twice the size of the continental United States"

..unless you stop what is causing it.

But hey.. who gives a fuck ..i got beer to drink !

Does this mentality seem familiar ?

Altcoins cough cough LOL

EDIT:
Don't forget about my recent Toothpaste topic where i mentioned the plastic pellets in Hygiene products Wink
vip
Activity: 1428
I would spent it for the biggest anti plastic campaign ever.

"Hey, Joe, I found another spot to edit out of the movie in an attempt to shorten its length. Does he really need to say "Biodegradable plastics!" or could simply "Plastics!" suffice?"
Activity: 531
Merit: 500
I would spent it for the biggest anti plastic campaign ever.
Activity: 366
Merit: 261
They must buy bitcoin with that money.
Definitely. Grin
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
your people
An organization under section 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1) or (2) of the Internal Revenue Code (“IRC”) that has received a tax determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”).
A private foundation under section 501(c)(3) of the IRC that has received a tax determination letter from the IRS.
A for-profit corporation organized under the laws of a State in the United States.
A benefit corporation, flexible purpose organization, or similar “hybrid” organization organized under the laws of a State in the United States.
A limited liability company or partnership organized under the laws of a State in the United States.
An organization organized under the laws of a foreign jurisdiction which has received a tax determination letter from the IRS or has been determined to be the equivalent of a section 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1) or (2) organization by NGO Source  or the MacArthur Foundation for which an equivalency determination has not expired.
An entity that is recognized under the law of the applicable jurisdiction as a non-governmental organization, an educational organization, a charitable organization, a social welfare organization, a not-for-profit organization, or similar-type entity that is not a for-profit organization or government agency.
A for-profit entity organized and in good standing under the laws of the local jurisdiction in which it operates.

i think it's an elaborate way to launder money for their rich friends
solve a problem... phahahaha!
there is no such thing as free cash in this world
legendary
Activity: 2464
(Technically, the award is given to an institution, not an individual, so make sure you have some kind of  affiliation before you apply.)

As befits such a large award, winning it will not be easy. The MacArthur Foundation is looking for organizations that have identified a major problem in society; that have a realistic solution to that problem; and that can enact that solution for $100 million. “Competitive proposals,” they say, “will be meaningful, verifiable, durable, and feasible.”

Atleast read the articles you post @OP lols
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Really it's not enough money these days to do much.. so no one cares.

Inflation's a bitch  Cry

Now a 100 Billion ? Then let's talk !
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
http://fusion.net/story/309010/macarthur-foundation-100-and-change/

https://www.100andchange.org/

Who wants to form an organization to identify a major problem in society, which is BTC being traded for less than the all time high, that has a realistic solution to that problem, which is eating through all the ask walls; and that can enact that solution for $100 million?
Jump to: