Author

Topic: [12-05-2023] CNBC: Bitcoin heads for its worst week since November as thin... (Read 158 times)

legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
Phew, I'm back to the comfy zone! I am busier than usual, still, the lack of "bitcoin is dead" news lately were worrisome. I almost thought that something bad is bound to happen.
But no, they managed to release the news, so we're good again for a while. Thank you CNBC. Cheesy Cheesy

PS. Didn't you people start counting the days until the next halving?  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1759
Bitcoin heads for its worst week since November as thin liquidity, regulatory pressure hit crypto markets
I hope for more hits against Bitcoin in the next few months, very sorry when Bitcoin is at $ 6000 I can't even touch a bit, I'm pretty stupid ATH just happened yesterday 2020, nothing can be done, we are always in failure.

Today is 3rd june 2023 Bitcoin is trading at $27,217.72, I hope below that again at least $20,000k, if it happens, maybe a little relief for me to consider, hope so, but don't expect much, maybe this is the lowest crypto market in this year.

PS. Didn't you people start counting the days until the next halving?  Cheesy
Maybe, hoping not to miss the train, in regret.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
"Bitcoin is dead." I knew it!  Cheesy

Not sure, but to call this article news is kind of an insult to true journalism and real news. It summarizes some of the not so new issues including network congestion and the usual some-regulation-here and-there-stuff.
I am truely wondering, does this sort of article create any value for anyone?
It's not particularily bad, just standard with some real info. But nothing that would/should influence any sort of action from individuals as well as companies, right?

Just an example: "While it is yet unclear the catalyst for today’s sharp drop, the volatility is to be expected given the current state of liquidity, especially after larger market maker Jane Street and Jump Crypto revealed they were winding down their crypto exposure,” Medalie said."
It's so generic and a similar sentence could with some slight variant probably be repeated every month or so.

/end of rant
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
Bull market's canceled. Bitcoin is dead again. This time it got killed by low liquidity and the threat of regulations.

Bitcoin heads for its worst week since November as thin liquidity, regulatory pressure hit crypto markets

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/12/bitcoin-btc-price-falls-to-lowest-level-since-march-on-liqudity-issues-regulatory-scrutiny.html

Bitcoin traded at its lowest level since mid-March on Friday as volatility, driven by low liquidity, continued to hit cryptocurrency markets.

Bitcoin was last trading lower by 2% at $26,354.33, according to Coin Metrics. Earlier in the day it fell as low as $26,138.19, its lowest level since Mar. 17. The biggest crypto asset by market cap was on pace to post a weekly loss of 10.6%, which would make it its worst week since Nov. 11.

There are a number of issues facing crypto markets right now including low liquidity, a crackdown on the industry from regulators in the U.S. and macroeconomic worries.

Liquidity issues
Bitcoin is up around 59% this year but prices have remained volatile, with low liquidity exacerbating moves higher and lower.

Clara Medalie, director of research at Kaiko, said there has been a “notable drop in market depth” for bitcoin.
Jump to: