Author

Topic: 12 gpu windows 10 issue Please help (Read 116 times)

Activity: 158
Merit: 100
April 01, 2021, 10:39:27 AM
https://i.imgur.com/E0gIUoS.png

You need only Phoenixminer. I use the recent drivers, there's no point for blockchain anymore. (AFAIK)

You need to mine individually for several minutes to know the overclock for each one and take notes.

After every cards is on, figure out what is gpu 0,1,2,3,4,5 by starting each one individually (gpuz will tell what card is on if you are a remote controller), if your cards are really identical, gpuz will not help and you need to be present. Set fan to 90 and use your eyes.

Then just put the numbers of each one and your command line will look like this: (only 7 cards here).

"-FANMIN 70,50,50,70,90,70,50 -FANMAX 90 -CCLOCK 1250,+150,+150,1250,-400,1250,+150 -MCLOCK 1800,+400,+400,1800,+300,1750,+400 -CVDDC 760,0,0,760,0,760,0 -MVDDC 0 -TT 75 -HSTATS 2 -PROTO 4 -POWLIM 0,-33,-33,0,-40,0,-33 -straps 2 -gser 1 -coin eth" - Go to phoenixminer page here and read all commands, there's a lot of cool things

A rig with only AMD will be simpler

Obviously for overclocking HIVEOS is hella easier but have its own problems.

I have one RIG with 20.11.2 and two using 20.12.1 (for non specific reason), I don't know what driver is the best, i'm returning to this world now and i need to re-learn.

Windows crash is often overclock, one of them is above its capacity. Incorrect/reject shares are a hint.
High temp in one card may causes crash, the card reduces their clock automatically. Low virtual memory, ram memory or disk space may cause cashes when DAG is rewritten. Another software running in the background like windows update may causes crash too. You should be able to use your browser while mining without crashing, this is a good test.

Sorry for bad english.

Better English than mine mate, thank you for good advise.

I have been running my system pretty much the way you explained. I have given number to each gpu, and in the rig they stay in their order so i know gpu4 where it stays and it could be in different place on phonixminer so i can find it easily but when you updade the software this order changes and takes several hours to figure out again. Which is not a problem this is how we learn and improve i guess. Softwares like simpleminer makes it easier maybe but once this setting is completed then there is no point for simpleminer.

Just wondering did you mod bios your amd gpus and what hash rate do they give you?

What software update? I don’t recommend keeping updates on. My cards only change numbers when I install a new card but most keep their pci bus number. Those cards belong to 3 different people, so I need to identify and configure three different miners with their wallets, it's a nightmare.

All are bios modded, i live in a very hot country with high electricity costs, so i don't push my cards too hard. I manage my and my associates' cards from a 30km distance, I need to play safe too.
There are seven 580 in total, the good ones do around 30.7, the bad ones (powercolor) do 29.6.
two 5700 doing 54.2, one at 53.3
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
April 01, 2021, 04:38:43 AM

You need only Phoenixminer. I use the recent drivers, there's no point for blockchain anymore. (AFAIK)

You need to mine individually for several minutes to know the overclock for each one and take notes.

After every cards is on, figure out what is gpu 0,1,2,3,4,5 by starting each one individually (gpuz will tell what card is on if you are a remote controller), if your cards are really identical, gpuz will not help and you need to be present. Set fan to 90 and use your eyes.

Then just put the numbers of each one and your command line will look like this: (only 7 cards here).

"-FANMIN 70,50,50,70,90,70,50 -FANMAX 90 -CCLOCK 1250,+150,+150,1250,-400,1250,+150 -MCLOCK 1800,+400,+400,1800,+300,1750,+400 -CVDDC 760,0,0,760,0,760,0 -MVDDC 0 -TT 75 -HSTATS 2 -PROTO 4 -POWLIM 0,-33,-33,0,-40,0,-33 -straps 2 -gser 1 -coin eth" - Go to phoenixminer page here and read all commands, there's a lot of cool things

I have one RIG with 20.11.2 and two using 20.12.1 (for non specific reason), I don't know what driver is the best, i'm returning to this world now and i need to re-learn.

Windows crash is often overclock, one of them is above its capacity. Incorrect/reject shares are a hint.
High temp in one card may causes crash, the card reduces their clock automatically. Low virtual memory, ram memory or disk space may cause cashes when DAG is rewritten. Another software running in the background like windows update may causes crash too. You should be able to use your browser while mining without crashing, this is a good test.

Sorry for bad english.

Better English than mine mate, thank you for good advise.

I have been running my system pretty much the way you explained. I have given number to each gpu, and in the rig they stay in their order so i know gpu4 where it stays and it could be in different place on phonixminer so i can find it easily but when you updade the software this order changes and takes several hours to figure out again. Which is not a problem this is how we learn and improve i guess. Softwares like simpleminer makes it easier maybe but once this setting is completed then there is no point for simpleminer.

Just wondering did you mod bios your amd gpus and what hash rate do they give you?
April 01, 2021, 04:32:11 AM
I slept on it and I have a different solution: Sell your rx590 and purchase and old rx470( or two!).
You save some money and can go back to blockchain driver

thats the last option, not really want to sell to be honest. With current prices at the moment you cant probably buy two of them with selling one
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
April 01, 2021, 03:17:23 AM
I slept on it and I have a different solution: Sell your rx590 and purchase and old rx470( or two!).
You save some money and can go back to blockchain driver
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
March 31, 2021, 11:54:41 PM

Sorry for bad english.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
March 31, 2021, 07:15:12 PM
You didn't mention your PSU, maybe the 12th card was too much for it.
Sticking with a stable 11 card rig is good advice.

i have 2x 1000w corsair so my 10 cars used around 1100w. my plan is 14gpus for this rig.

very few if anyone has a working 14 card windows 10 rig.

let us know if you ever get there as I am interested in it.
March 31, 2021, 06:51:54 PM

i have 2x 1000w corsair so my 10 cars used around 1100w. my plan is 14gpus for this rig.
Activity: 1421
Merit: 225
March 31, 2021, 06:40:26 PM
March 31, 2021, 06:28:39 PM
Your time is valuable as well as 2 $/ month but I like the approach.

I don't suggest moving to any linux mining distribution.

I am suggesting that you have a fine tuned rig, just let it run and find another motherboard etc for the rx590.

If this is not viable and you have time:
change the driver and  use overdriventool to setup overclock and undervolt easily
Use TRM instead of phoenix, not so easy to setup but much stable with newer driver

Keep an eye also on the amount of virtual memory, PSU limit  and give a look at the cpu utilitation.
Because may be its not the new driver the problem

i know i am trying simpleminer at the moment, it gives me lower hash rate than my manual tune on windows. i don't think it is that special software maybe makes it a bit easier for people. $2 is not important really. i probably lost 10 15$ already in few hours not mining. Simpleminer hasn't got the driver for rx 590 so i am runing 11 gpus so that didnt work for me.

thanks for the suggestions i might as well just run my fine tuned system without the 590
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
March 31, 2021, 05:01:57 PM
Your time is valuable as well as 2 $/ month but I like the approach.

I don't suggest moving to any linux mining distribution.

I am suggesting that you have a fine tuned rig, just let it run and find another motherboard etc for the rx590.

If this is not viable and you have time:
change the driver and  use overdriventool to setup overclock and undervolt easily
Use TRM instead of phoenix, not so easy to setup but much stable with newer driver

Keep an eye also on the amount of virtual memory, PSU limit  and give a look at the cpu utilitation.
Because may be its not the new driver the problem

March 31, 2021, 04:03:48 PM
I asked mods to move this to alt coins.

I will give you some advice in a minute.

do not use windows wit that many cards.

try simplemining or as it is known as smos

https://simplemining.net/

https://simplemining.net/page/download

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mining-os-simpleminingnet-manage-your-gpu-farm-the-easy-way-30-days-free-1541084

1st month is free

2 usd a month after that.

others will say use hiveos I never used it but it is supposed to be good.

also ethos should be good.

thanks  i know these i might try simplemining if i cant make this work but i rather keep the $2 in the pocket Smiley i also like the windows as i can use the screen etc for browsing also might do cpu mining too.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
March 31, 2021, 03:45:02 PM
I asked mods to move this to alt coins.

I will give you some advice in a minute.

do not use windows wit that many cards.

try simplemining or as it is known as smos

https://simplemining.net/

https://simplemining.net/page/download

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mining-os-simpleminingnet-manage-your-gpu-farm-the-easy-way-30-days-free-1541084

1st month is free

2 usd a month after that.

others will say use hiveos I never used it but it is supposed to be good.

also ethos should be good.

March 31, 2021, 02:38:27 PM
Hi newbie here.
i had 10 gpus some Rx 480, 570, and 580 using windows 10 and blockchain drivers, it was working fine. i did the over clock via amd software (i got better result compared to msi afterburner) so 10 gpus combined 301 mhz eth around 1060w. With phonixminer rxboost 30 settings it takes around 3 - 4 try and fail but once its going good for days. (one of the 580 is funny stops responding but i think its something to do with phonixminers gt configuration ) All gpus modded with polaris one click mod.

Now i am having another issue i purchased 590 8gb blockchain drivers didn't work so i installed latest 21.3.2 drivers. Clean install with ddu.

The issue is now windows sometimes freezes and require hard reset extremely annoying. What would you recommend? (i have not plug the 590 yet still using the same gpus that works fine without issue on blockchain drivers, so no power or riser issue.) Would you recommend different drivers that also compatible with 590?

My other question is that configuring all 12 gpus (overclock) will take for a while with amd software and figuring out which gpu is where as there is 12 of them with simillar model names. Is there any other recommendation for this to make the life easier? (Except msi afterburner)

The lates Amd software takes ages to start around 5mins, and there is a lag when you switch gpus i dont know if there is a way to make this faster. It is fine when 1 gpu but when you add more the time increases so more gpu you have takes longer to load driving me insane.

thanks in advance.

Huh

Jump to: