Author

Topic: 12+ Hours, No Confirmation (Jaxx Wallet) (Read 180 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1178
May 21, 2021, 04:12:11 AM
It’s my first, and most likely last time using the wallet.
It will be a good experience for you and now your transaction has been confirmed successfully and you should consider using another wallet compatible with android such as Electrum. I think Electrum will make it easier for you to choose your own fee and you can activate the RBF feature to increase transaction fee if at any time the transaction stuck.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
Seems like your transaction: c88171092b0992812cef1a0ae73e4c4e4b2f5b95b06047e00f8690408153e7e5 was confirmed several hours ago.

Hopefully, while you were waiting, you have managed to find a better alternative to Jaxx... it might look "pretty", but it's a "pretty terrible" wallet to be honest. Tongue
Activity: 6
Merit: 8
You guys are all great, thanks so much for helping out. I will be patient.. my Bitcoin is only gaining value so it’s easy to be patient when the price is trending to the upside. Smiley Really appreciate the help fellas, some really good things in your replies.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5178
.........the only thing that came to my mind is to export the private key from the Jaxx wallet and import it to Electrum instead and maybe you can able to make a CPFP transaction.
For implementing CPFP, you must have control over one of outputs of the unconfirmed transaction.
As there is no change address in the transaction, even if OP can export the private key from Jaxx wallet and imports it into electrum, it won't be possible to implement CPFP.

CPFP method can be implemented only by the receiver. The receiving address seems to belong to a custodial service and there is no way to implement CPFP.  

KingJJ, I just submitted your transaction on ViaBTC free accelerator. ViaBTC will include your transaction in the next block they mine. They own about 8.5% of the total hashrate and they should mine one block in every 120 minutes on average.

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
Can someone just take a look at the hash and see if it looks like it should have confirmed? Every other transaction in that block did.

I rebroadcasted transaction but you should just be patient and wait for confirmation, I would also suggest that you stop using Jaxx wallet and switch to Electrum, and try to use segwit addresses and Replace-by-fee option in future.

Check out my open source project BTC Mempool Fees Extension/add-on for Firefox/Chrome browser so you will always monitor state of Bitcoin mempool and fees in your browser ticker.

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 2904
Block halving is coming.
Thanks for the replies. I didn’t see where I could set my own fee using Jaxx but I may have missed it. You would think the wallet would set the proper fee without the user having to think too much of it. It’s my first, and most likely last time using the wallet.

Well, base on what I experienced before there is no box or button that you can manually set the transaction fee but you can able to set it from the settings and choose any of these slow(low fees), average(Normal fees), and fastest(High fees).

I don't know about their newest wallet about the fee but since you mention it try to check the settings you must see the BTC mining fee and set it to the fastest with high fees. But it won't help to solve your past transaction.

If you want to solve this stuck transaction and submitting to the ViaBTC transaction accelerator doesn't work then the only thing that came to my mind is to export the private key from the Jaxx wallet and import it to Electrum instead and maybe you can able to make a CPFP transaction.
Thanks for the replies. I didn’t see where I could set my own fee using Jaxx but I may have missed it. You would think the wallet would set the proper fee without the user having to think too much of it. It’s my first, and most likely last time using the wallet.
legendary
Since it was not RBF enabled the only thing you can do is to double-spend or CPFP.
It's impossible to double-spend this transaction.
It is paying 80 sat/byte and almost all nodes should have it in their mempool. Any transaction spending a same input even with a much higher fee will be rejected.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 2904
Block halving is coming.
According to Blockchair your transaction fee is around 80sat/byte that is why the transaction still not receive any confirmation yet due to the low fee than recommended fee.
Next time check https://mempool.space/ and always use the recommended fee to avoid this delay.

Since it was not RBF enabled the only thing you can do is to double-spend or CPFP.

But before you do double-spend or CPFP try to submit it first to this accelerator below.

- https://www.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator?lang=en_US

Let's hope it will confirm soon.
legendary
The fee seems OK to me, no?
It's not.
The network is so congested now and your transaction is now about 12 MB from the tip.
Currently, for a fast confirmation (in 1-2 blocks), you need to pay about 110 sat/vbyte.

Every other transaction in that block did.
What block are you talking about?
Your transaction hasn't been included in any block.
Using Jax wallet, I sent BTC to another BTC address.

Hash ID c88171092b0992812cef1a0ae73e4c4e4b2f5b95b06047e00f8690408153e7e5 won't confirm after 12 hours. Sent using Jaxx Liberty mobile wallet. The fee seems OK to me, no?

Can someone just take a look at the hash and see if it looks like it should have confirmed? Every other transaction in that block did.
Jump to: