Author

Topic: 15$ in bitcoin for help - 500 blocks problem when syncing some wallets of alts (Read 507 times)

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
Hello guys again.
I have one news.
Bitsend released new version of wallet and it syncing without problem!!!

Anyway CampusCoin wallet still not updated, so it is not working now!
Activity: 840
Merit: 508
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
This is happend when no new block was found.

But how to correct it???

onnz423 didn't help me Sad

I rise up reward to 15$ dollars. Anybody have ideas how to correct my problem???

I just do not know how to fix, maybe it has something to do with the certain codebase.
Do not care about sxafir's answer, because he is only signature spamming and does not know what he is talking about.
Do you have ICQ or telegram or something? Would be easier for us to discuss the problem with instant messaging solution rather than via PM's.
legendary

But how to correct it???

onnz423 didn't help me Sad

I rise up reward to 15$ dollars. Anybody have ideas how to correct my problem???
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
legendary
Hello ALIEN ,you succeed and resolve your wallets problem? Is there any problem with that block explorer altcoins? If there is a problem with block explorer or with peers/nodes you can't do anything to sync your altcoin wallet.

Still I have problem...
My wallet is seeing nodes... but just download it 500 blocks by 500 blocks everyt reopen of wallet...
Any ideas?

For example litecoin wallet is working! But bitsend wallet or campuscoin didnt work Sad
Activity: 486
Merit: 102
Hello ALIEN ,you succeed and resolve your wallets problem? Is there any problem with that block explorer altcoins? If there is a problem with block explorer or with peers/nodes you can't do anything to sync your altcoin wallet.
legendary
Hey! Im willing to help you out.
Could you start bitsend and campuscoin, and upload the debug logs to for example Pastebin.
Without logs this kind of problem would be tricky and the logs would help alot, and i have never seen any problems like this before.

Please check private messages! I wrote you about my problem! I now have logs!
But need some details from you.
legendary
Maybe an anti virus program not allowing certain wallets sync past that? Very strange. Somehow no more writing permissions beyond 500 blocks? Try syncing to another folder somewhere else.

Antivirus tried to turn off and firefall. Of course tried.

Few is the things you need to do !!

check your firewall - I am sure it is block by your firewalls after unblock qt by firewalls then go to %appdata%  (Go C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming)
go to each wallet folder delete all files except wallet.dat then open wallet and let it be sync  Wink

BTC   14FJiLks92gbikFC2T66upAV4on7yNCHVg

I tried your advice and it didnt work.

Can try lock wallet and should be sync.Otherwise no new block found.
Locked you mean encrypted? Smiley Tried it, but nothing happened.

You have said that blocks are getting synchronised quite easily with other computers, so it is obvious that there is something wrong with your computer. It would be a good attempt to check for storage problems as well as using a cache cleaner for your pc. It is hard to say anything without inspecting your pc.

I tried your advice. I changed directory to another disk using -datadir= at my shortcut of bitsend wallet. It is a pity but nothing changed... But this was good advice. I didn't know this great thing!

Could you start bitsend and campuscoin, and upload the debug logs to for example Pastebin.
Without logs this kind of problem would be tricky and the logs would help alot, and i have never seen any problems like this before.

So I will send debug logs... But little bit later.
But... is it not dangerous to send it to public? Or better at private message? Just don't know about it.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
You have said that blocks are getting synchronised quite easily with other computers, so it is obvious that there is something wrong with your computer. It would be a good attempt to check for storage problems as well as using a cache cleaner for your pc. It is hard to say anything without inspecting your pc.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
Can try lock wallet and should be sync.Otherwise no new block found.
There must be the problem in Firewall i have same issue with some wallet which was solved by the things i mentioned above so please do try
Thanks

I doubt, because it would not sync on the first place if there was something wrong with the firewall.
Firewall just actually controls the connections that get out and in from the PC, firewall cannot magically just think that it cuts out connection randomly at block 500 (unless you have some reaaaaally advanced script for this on purpose). I don't know what is causing it, but im 99% certain that is not the firewall. Will need to wait for OP to post logs.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

check your firewall - I am sure it is block by your firewalls after activating your then go to %appdata%  (Go C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming)
go to each wallet folder delete all files except wallet.dat then open wallet and let it be sync  Wink

BTC   14FJiLks92gbikFC2T66upAV4on7yNCHVg

Not really helpful at all, that makes no sense at all because deleting the files will not help you at all, but it will get stuck on the same block.
Tell me how do you consider this is a firewall issue, since it syncs up to 500 blocks and then frozes.
To me it seems like you are either sig spamming, or trying to get some free BTC because your reply was nonsense.

There must be the problem in Firewall i have same issue with some wallet which was solved by the things i mentioned above so please do try
Thanks

check your firewall - I am sure it is block by your firewalls after activating your then go to %appdata%  (Go C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming)
go to each wallet folder delete all files except wallet.dat then open wallet and let it be sync  Wink

Not really helpful at all, that makes no sense at all because deleting the files will not help you at all, but it will get stuck on the same block.
Tell me how do you consider this is a firewall issue, since it syncs up to 500 blocks and then frozes.
To me it seems like you are either sig spamming, or trying to get some free BTC because your reply was nonsense.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

check your firewall - I am sure it is block by your firewalls after unblock qt by firewalls then go to %appdata%  (Go C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
Maybe an anti virus program not allowing certain wallets sync past that? Very strange. Somehow no more writing permissions beyond 500 blocks? Try syncing to another folder somewhere else.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I actually posted this problem in altcoins section here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.21017413

but nobody answer.

But I really need help, so will pay 10$ (0.0024btc now) in bitcoins for help. I need some ideas what me to do. Or links where this problem solved.
Some altcoins wallets is working, but some not! And I really need them!  Undecided

So I quote my post from another thread:

Help please!
Some wallets of altcoins dont want to sync at my windows. I try another computer - everything work correctly.

I open wallet and then 500 blocks downloading and stop. Stop for hours. Than I reopen wallet agains - and 500 blocks is downloading. And stop!
Last wallets that I tried is bitsend, CampusCoin. (and they didnt sync correctly)

I tried many days to solve this problem. The only text I found in internet is this:
"The 500 blocks thing is known, it happens on all coins its as the wallet writes back to the database."

But what this mean and how to solve my problem? Please help!

Did you check for softwares or programs in your Laptop/PC as well as the wifi/internet router which has limits for download? Apparently it appears there is a limit imposed locally which is stopping the download.
legendary
I actually posted this problem in altcoins section here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.21017413

but nobody answer.

But I really need help, so will pay 10$ (0.0024btc now) in bitcoins for help. I need some ideas what me to do. Or links where this problem solved.
Some altcoins wallets is working, but some not! And I really need them!  Undecided

So I quote my post from another thread:

Help please!
Some wallets of altcoins dont want to sync at my windows. I try another computer - everything work correctly.

I open wallet and then 500 blocks downloading and stop. Stop for hours. Than I reopen wallet agains - and 500 blocks is downloading. And stop!
Last wallets that I tried is bitsend, CampusCoin. (and they didnt sync correctly)

I tried many days to solve this problem. The only text I found in internet is this:
"The 500 blocks thing is known, it happens on all coins its as the wallet writes back to the database."

But what this mean and how to solve my problem? Please help!
Jump to: