Author

Topic: 18.0 stops working after Windows 10 update (Read 188 times)

Activity: 73
Merit: 17
August 19, 2019, 11:37:07 AM
Thanks to everybody. I did a reindex and after long long time my Bitcoin node is working again full time!
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
August 01, 2019, 05:01:17 AM
I managed to find an older thread with the same error.
See if the below advice by achow101 helps you.

Try starting Bitcoin Core with the -reindex option. If that doesn't work, go to the data directory and delete the chainstate and databases folders.
August 01, 2019, 02:30:47 AM
Error gives a message:

MiniGW Runtime Assertion

Assertion failed!
Program C:\Program Files\Bitcoin\bitcoin-gt.exe

Expression:

nThreadsServicingQuee==0

I thik it says line 19 but not sure on that.

Also client says

Bitcoin can not countinue safely and will quit.

That happens after loading 100% index.

Windows 10 says that updates are OK

Last one was some update concerning Microsoft Framework 3.5

Hope it helps troubleshooting the problem.

legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
I recently updated Windows 10 and after that Bitcoin 18.0 stopped working. It says some "ruaway exception" error happens and it quits by itself. I re-installed 17.0.1 version but exactly the same thing happens. Can anybody help me get my node running again?

Which Win 10 OS build are you running?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/

I have machines with all the newer versions with 18.0 installed with no issues.

-Dave
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
Looks like the update likely broke something. Do you have restore points set? If you have, try checking if you have a snapshot of your OS from a past date and you can try restoring from there: https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

At least this is what I would do.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
You could try downgrading or waiting for another update. You might be better off booting Linux and Windows as previously said.

Can you share the end of your debug log, does anything happen in it?

Is there also a code in the error like 0x06abf247?
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
I recently updated Windows 10 and after that Bitcoin 18.0 stopped working. It says some "ruaway exception" error happens and it quits by itself. I re-installed 17.0.1 version but exactly the same thing happens. Can anybody help me get my node running again?

Windows 10, you never know when an unscheduled (or scheduled) update will break something again. Ever thought of running Linux?

As users of that OS would likely say, check the firewall thing. Its probably blocking it.
Jump to: