Author

Topic: 1990 BMW R100GS Paris Dakar - San Francisco, CA - $6000 (23 BTC as of April 5th) (Read 488 times)

Activity: 391
Merit: 333

Hi Everyone,

I am selling my 1990 BMW R100GS Paris Dakar motorcycle. Ideally, for Bitcoin, bullion, or a another BMW airhead trade.

The previous owner maintained excellent history here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j-hkmKTRQxA_LRyPDUPMWSfBe4DQtEc74MkhA_kvz3c/pubhtml

I did not do such a great job in updating the document, but a few additions are there, though incomplete.

In a nut shell:

1990 BMW R100GS Paris Dakar.
Has about 85 or 86k miles, except the transmission which is a lower-mileage unit.
All of the instruments are broken and thus removed.
Crash bars, oil cooler, and sidestand have been removed.
Roobar fairing is removed, but I still have it. Along with the windscreen.
Has a dual seat in excellent condition. No rips.
Metzler Tourance tires, tubeless, with less than a thousand miles on them.
Wheels were powdercoated. Front leaks about 2psi per day in a garage in San Francisco. Leaks faster in cooler weather. A tube, or possibly cleaning out the inside of the wheel should fix this, but it's a common issue I hear. Leak may also be related to the powder coating.
Rear shock is a nice Fox unit. Front forks have progressive springs and fairly recent 10 weight fork oil. Missing fork brace as it had an aftermarket one that was installed incorrectly and broke. Front forks could probably use a loosening to help with any alignment tweaks, but it is not severe. I'd recommend installing a brace, maybe even just the factory brace, down the road.
Ridden at least a few times a week; it's my daily driver. The motor is excellent. A couple small oil leaks but nothing major.
Has working heated grips and Acerbis hand guards.
Original hard BMW cases. In decent shape, but has some cracks. I think they are fine to travel with though, but might be a little cautious in severe rain.
Has center stand and oil pan skid plate installed.
Missing the front fender extension, factory toolkit, and plastic key cover for the PD tank trunk.
Clean California title in my name.

If you're interested, send me a PM or an email (sega01 a-t go-beyond.org). If you want, I can reply with my phone number and we can talk about the GSPD over the phone.

Thank you for reading,
Teran

More pictures: http://imgur.com/a/XkS52
Jump to: