Author

Topic: 2 AntminerS3 not recognised in Network [HELP] (Read 728 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024
August 30, 2015, 03:30:17 PM
What brand is your router? This could help me narrow down where to search for devices.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
i can see all connected devices.
legendary
Hey there
I know that I should see them, the problem is that I dont.
I made the test now with the 850 Watt PSU and still encountering the same Problem.

Depends what list you're looking at. For instance I have a miners with static DHCP settings, and some that are dynamic. I can only see the dynamic ones in the NUMBER OF DYNAMIC DHCP CLIENTS list.

I know the IP of my other miners. You can try 192.168.1.99 see if a miner is there, which I think is the default IP for a S3.
Hey there
I know that I should see them, the problem is that I dont.
I made the test now with the 850 Watt PSU and still encountering the same Problem.

The LEDs described above is incorrect. I have a steady yellow light left to the LAN Cable, a gently green flickering light to the right of the cable. more to the right a steady red light and below that a steady green light, which is dimmer, than the other lights.

edit: okay the problem IS the miners. I have a third miner, which I actually wanted to give back, because it was deliverd without PSU. I tested now this one and I can connect to it.
So what can be the problem with the other miners?
legendary
hey there
thank you for your answer!
No, when I am in the router interface, i can not see the miners, only my 2 laptops connected to the router.

yes I have an other PSU with 850 Watt --> for two 425. So its 5 Watt more Smiley
goal is to use one miner under normal clocking or underclocked if 420 is really not enough.

the other psu I am right now trying to start up, but the ATX-Cable has only black wires, so the paperclip trick is a bit tricky.

I recommend testing your miners one at a time on the 850W PSU. If your router is set to 192.168.1.1, you should be able to see your S3 if it is set to factory settings.
hey there
thank you for your answer!
No, when I am in the router interface, i can not see the miners, only my 2 laptops connected to the router.

yes I have an other PSU with 850 Watt --> for two 425. So its 5 Watt more Smiley
goal is to use one miner under normal clocking or underclocked if 420 is really not enough.

the other psu I am right now trying to start up, but the ATX-Cable has only black wires, so the paperclip trick is a bit tricky.
legendary
If you connect to 192.168.1.1 (type it in your internet browser), can you see your miners in the connected devices list?

Also, 420W is low for even just one S3. You'll definitely need another PSU.
Hello everyone for my first post Smiley
Before I start: I used search and skimmed the first pages of this forum. Found nothing. And the helppage of Antminer:
https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202642849-Unable-to-access-miner-web-interface isnt helping either.

So after I finally have everything set up (PSU, Network, got IP-Adresses etc. for my router and of course two occasion (and reseted) antminer s3), I hopefully have the last problem. Maybe a big one:

I cant see my two (occasion) Antminer S3 in the Network. Here is what I did so far in short:

* Pluged two different Antminer S3s in my Router
* Pluged them to my Laptop and changed the Laptop LAN Settings to what is described as "alternative subnet change" in "Dogies Miner Setup Guides" https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-dogies-comprehensive-bitmain-antminer-s3-setup-hd-702653
* changed the IP of my router to  192.168.1.1
* of course Factory Reseted the miners like described online (2 times and waiting in between etc.). Although I was surprised, that I feel no klicking or resistance, when inserting my paperclip
* and under all the different approaches used the programm "advanced ip scanner"
* logically the Miners dont show up in the "connected" devices, when connected to the router.

Interesting is, that when I connect my Laptop with LAN to the Network, it works perfectly. But when I connect the same cable to the antminer it shows "no Networking cable".
Maybe this is a hint, that the problem lies within the Miners LAN-Box.

Edit: The Antminers LED is just red all the time. Fans etc. are working. My PSU has 420 Watt.

Any pro-tips? Any Help?

Best regards
Jump to: