Author

Topic: 2 Simple Ways Crypto Whales Manipulate the Market (Read 657 times)

Activity: 1582
Merit: 253
That is true that whales could still possibly impact and move the market considering that they acquire a huge quantity of market share. That being said, for their impact to be felt, it will be depending on the amount that these whales were able to acquire and gather. And since it was mentioned that altcoins are easier to manipulate, it is indeed agreeable that even just the influential people could manage to drive people into it.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 560
_""""Duelbits""""_
Bitcoin is getting bigger, and more and more people continues to invest and the market gets huge. I think it is going to be hard for whales to pull off any pump and dump on Bitcoin.

Although I am not trying to say that it is not possible. It is possible, but it is going to be very difficult for anyone to just pull it off alone, it is going to be a group, but even at that they wouldn’t be able to make much impact like they would years back. Unless they are going to target altcoins, which has been their target as of recent.

Altcoins are small and whales can easily get them pumped and then dump when they have made a lot of profit.
Whale won't be able to pump up bitcoins and dump as much as this because it won't be strong enough for the market unless they can manipulate the market with FUD news then it's shaken up a lot to panic that makes other investors sell assets instantly, that's how we feel right now only with bad news in the market can be a long bearish.

So whales only rely on news even though they have more assets than other investors, but with what altcoins might they have any interest? I think the whales will think it's just a shitcoin that doesn't last long so they'll just profit from the initial launch.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1055
Bitcoin is getting bigger, and more and more people continues to invest and the market gets huge. I think it is going to be hard for whales to pull off any pump and dump on Bitcoin.

Although I am not trying to say that it is not possible. It is possible, but it is going to be very difficult for anyone to just pull it off alone, it is going to be a group, but even at that they wouldn’t be able to make much impact like they would years back. Unless they are going to target altcoins, which has been their target as of recent.

Altcoins are small and whales can easily get them pumped and then dump when they have made a lot of profit.
Activity: 938
Merit: 13
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
Whales, of course, affect the price tag of a cryptocurrency unambiguously, sometimes they can cut money off the hamsters so much that they will not even notice what kind of maneuver it was, they so cleverly set walls and draw diagrams, taking away simultaneously on the spot or on futures from the same hamsters. I want to say they are very smart and resourceful ...
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
Whales manipulate the market by

- Walls: buy walls and sell walls. With such, they will create temporary and fake support and resistance. Then price will be hold in between buy and sell walls. When times is on, those walls will be removed by whales or be eaten up by market participants (fomo or panic).
- News: they release news to buy up and break resistance or break down the suppport walls.
- Policy, regulation-related news: we are in eventful time with lots of fud, news from policies, regulations, crackdown, arrest, lawsuits, etc. Any coincidene, please think of it.

Said it right, those factors are crucials since whales can decide which directions that want to bring the market,

Those things are the information where traders and investors keeps on following without any knowledge that whales hi-jack such
to favor the influence that theywanted to bring inside the market, with huge amount of money that they can bring inside the table
it isn't hard for them to do so.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 792
Whales manipulate the market by

- Walls: buy walls and sell walls. With such, they will create temporary and fake support and resistance. Then price will be hold in between buy and sell walls. When times is on, those walls will be removed by whales or be eaten up by market participants (fomo or panic).
- News: they release news to buy up and break resistance or break down the suppport walls.
- Policy, regulation-related news: we are in eventful time with lots of fud, news from policies, regulations, crackdown, arrest, lawsuits, etc. Any coincidene, please think of it.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
Just hodl and let the whales do their work, buy when you see that the prices are going down and sell when the prices are at an exorbitant amount, we don't have to master whale watching since the prices tells it all and no matter how much you avoid it, if you follow crypto related news, you will always be reminded with news.
Yes , the manipulation only make work when People are responding to their attempt , But if you will let your coins stay in your wallet and never sell instead try to buy more when the whales try to dump the market?\
Then they will surely fail the manipulation and we the holders will Win.
this is what we use as attitude for them to understand that people now are mature and not noob like what they think in the past.
- But the result is that whales never fail while we who know their direction have failed, the prophecy of manipulation is always in effect because they are the organizers of the persistence contest, we are the candidates who knew the title of the contest in advance but our body language betrayed us, we are often shaken by red prices. Our efforts in holding are not equal to their efforts in dumping, they can consume more time and money but we are only small investors and quite limited on those two things
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bearish time
Just hodl and let the whales do their work, buy when you see that the prices are going down and sell when the prices are at an exorbitant amount, we don't have to master whale watching since the prices tells it all and no matter how much you avoid it, if you follow crypto related news, you will always be reminded with news.
Yes , the manipulation only make work when People are responding to their attempt , But if you will let your coins stay in your wallet and never sell instead try to buy more when the whales try to dump the market?\
this is what we use as attitude for them to understand that people now are mature and not noob like what they think in the past.
Nevertheless, these whales keep on winning rather than having a losing end. People are happy in the situation that their coin just pumps and to ask who did this huge pump? Basically, we address it to the whales and I think we should be grateful that was to happen.
And you have said that we don't let these whales win and responded with their attempt? I don't think so because we don't know what their will be their plan and in fact, we somehow riding with them and make good money because of the hypes they've made.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Activity: 2744
Merit: 343
We can never be surprised how whales doing this (manipulation) and they have the right to do it since there is no regulation prohibiting them. They are also investors, they are helping the market to grow, and doing those things made them rich. And you can deny that you are riding them when the hypes started, right? So, if they are doing this because they have the reason and that is their way to make money.

I don't think it was bad, you just think it was when you miss the train or those who just invest blindly. Because if you are with these people, you can also take some share of what they did.
copper member
Activity: 2954
Merit: 574
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
The whales can do many things to manipulate the market. Usually, they can make traders or investors panic because of something that they say to the public. If they do that, we need to calm down to see if they are trying to manipulate the market or it will happen to the next. But unfortunately, even if we say that we need to calm down, we sometimes forget and still panic, especially if the price is plunging drastically.
Lol, those are not whales. Those are idiots seeking attention or trying to create an opportunity for themselves (or secretly indeed is a whale). Whales are totally different people. They have a invested and bought a lot of the coins to have some impact in the market. They can start dumping their coins to cause a crash in the market so that they can buy in cheap. They can start mass buying to create a fake "pump". So when the price rises, they dump again and so on. Those affects are very short lived though. And as more people starts to buy bitcoin, the whale manipulation will slowly disappear.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 595
a coin like that when pumped and dumped, it will be difficult to get back up again, as if only drawing a peak that immediately returns to the valley. There are many examples that we can see, where after being pumped it returns to the valley and we don't seem to be presented with the real development of the project. Therefore, don't because we have already reached a high price, we assume the price will return to the peak, many projects have died
I believe that it is about the project creators as well, because when you reach to a high level and then drop then there is nothing much you can do about it. Some reason people are expecting marketing from the creators which is not their job at all, but assuming they still do it a bit, people keep wanting it more and more and more, for some reason creators are forced to spend millions of dollars or at least run ads until they have absolutely no money left.

I know this because I used to be staff in many projects and I have worked in marketing department for many companies, I tried to spend as little as possible to get the most out of it, but even when you spend thousands of dollars in the biggest stages you still end up broke one day, project owners do not have unlimited funds, eventually they do not have any money left neither and then if the project grows it grows if not then it becomes nothing.
Activity: 770
Merit: 12
Trphy.io
Whales always win in cryptomarket and I think it's a good idea to ride on their strategy to gain more but the problem is the capital. Small investors have only a limited capital unlike crypto whales. As small investors or trader, you should take advantage of the situation and follow the direction of those whales because if not you will be in a great losses.
The whales can do many things to manipulate the market. Usually, they can make traders or investors panic because of something that they say to the public. If they do that, we need to calm down to see if they are trying to manipulate the market or it will happen to the next. But unfortunately, even if we say that we need to calm down, we sometimes forget and still panic, especially if the price is plunging drastically.
This is normal in human nature, to panic especially if you are looking at your bloody portfolio, but you can still control that bad emotion by looking back at your strategies. Whales wants to make more money by just manipulating the market, either they create fud or hype, they sell or buy that's how they works and we should learn how to ride with them even if its too impossible to know the next move of the whales. I also believe in an organized market manipulation, I'm pretty sure there's a group working for this because whale alone can't manipulate the whole market.

Coins with very low market cap or with low trading volume are easy to manipulate.
Not only by whales, but the team themselves can do their manipulation in order to show that the price has good price increase.
This is what you can see in most pump and dump coins. If you spot coins like this, better stay away before you get victimized.
For high market cap coins, would be harder to manipulate. Unless, there are whales that really have tons of money to make market movement.
a coin like that when pumped and dumped, it will be difficult to get back up again, as if only drawing a peak that immediately returns to the valley. There are many examples that we can see, where after being pumped it returns to the valley and we don't seem to be presented with the real development of the project. Therefore, don't because we have already reached a high price, we assume the price will return to the peak, many projects have died
Activity: 2604
Merit: 816
Whales always win in cryptomarket and I think it's a good idea to ride on their strategy to gain more but the problem is the capital. Small investors have only a limited capital unlike crypto whales. As small investors or trader, you should take advantage of the situation and follow the direction of those whales because if not you will be in a great losses.
This is normal in human nature, to panic especially if you are looking at your bloody portfolio, but you can still control that bad emotion by looking back at your strategies. Whales wants to make more money by just manipulating the market, either they create fud or hype, they sell or buy that's how they works and we should learn how to ride with them even if its too impossible to know the next move of the whales. I also believe in an organized market manipulation, I'm pretty sure there's a group working for this because whale alone can't manipulate the whole market.
Indeed. If we can remember and back to control ourselves, that will not be a problem. But unfortunately, once traders lose control, they cannot control themselves because of the panic from losing the money. Sometimes, the whales use the current news from the outside to make traders panic and buy or sell instantly because the whales really know how to shake the market. Our job is always to calm down, think twice and analyze more to figure out what is happening to the market. The whales can manipulate the market but they can not do that forever.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 588
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

Coins with very low market cap or with low trading volume are easy to manipulate.
Not only by whales, but the team themselves can do their manipulation in order to show that the price has good price increase.
This is what you can see in most pump and dump coins. If you spot coins like this, better stay away before you get victimized.
For high market cap coins, would be harder to manipulate. Unless, there are whales that really have tons of money to make market movement.
Activity: 2604
Merit: 816
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
As an ordinary person, what I can do for myself is to read more news and observe trends at any time, just like Musk’s series of operations, from supporting Bitcoin payments to not supporting Bitcoin payments, causing Bitcoin volatility and shaking the market. In fact, the most important thing for us is to be cautious, not to be blind, let alone panic and emotional, because we cannot guess the next move of the whale.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 379
Whales always win in cryptomarket and I think it's a good idea to ride on their strategy to gain more but the problem is the capital. Small investors have only a limited capital unlike crypto whales. As small investors or trader, you should take advantage of the situation and follow the direction of those whales because if not you will be in a great losses
If you think you can very well follow the whales in the market and very well make a profit and are confident about it then you do not need to worry whether you are having a small capital or not because you will eventually make the fortune you are aspiring to make.

If i was having any clue to understand which direction the market would go before hand i would have made a life changing fortune. 
If the whales controls the market then the current dip now would have been uplifted by them, the whale are not responsible for long term bullish profit and that's what so many investors are longing out for. Someone buying btc at $3k last year and holding it till now doesn't really means whales are the cause of his great profit but by long term holding, the only way to be strong and not be a dump trader is by holding do you stay away from any manipulation the so called whales have planned.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
Whales always win in cryptomarket and I think it's a good idea to ride on their strategy to gain more but the problem is the capital. Small investors have only a limited capital unlike crypto whales. As small investors or trader, you should take advantage of the situation and follow the direction of those whales because if not you will be in a great losses
If you think you can very well follow the whales in the market and very well make a profit and are confident about it then you do not need to worry whether you are having a small capital or not because you will eventually make the fortune you are aspiring to make.

If i was having any clue to understand which direction the market would go before hand i would have made a life changing fortune. 
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 4113
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

Don't follow the whales as you can't beat them at their own game of you do so, the only way to beat them is to do exactly the opposite. When they want you to be greedy (when the bulls are in season, everything turns green) if you're not an investor that's capable of holding for long term then the best thing to do is sell although you have to be observant so you don't sell too early and miss out on potential future gains.

Now when the market is bearish, the whales are simply waiting on you to sell your coins so they can buy at discount. The fact is there'll already be investors wanting to sell but you don't have to be among those investors.

Instead if you have spear funds you should buy the dip in anticipation of better days ahead and yes there'll already be green days, it just depends on how long you'll be willing to wait.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 332
The whales are soon going to be unable to manipulate the market or they will find it hard to do so, the market keeps growing and the level at which it was in 2014 is not what it is now, it has reached a bigger level now.

Although we still some of them that have tried to manipulate the market as of recent, with some being influencers who tries to use their influence on their followers to gain control over the market. I am hoping that soon we will get pass that level where people will have any single chance to manipulate the market at all, and I hope the market will just move on its own.
In this case, whales can indeed move the market, but this is temporary. and I think they use the influence of their name to lead other traders psychologically so that they are in tune with their transactions, so that it will become a great force and eventually be able to move the market as they wish. So in conclusion, whales don't seem to be able to move on their own, they still need the strength of the community
They have the money plus they are known to the public which makes it easy for them to manipulate the market as they know that many will follow them. I'm not saying they were wrong as this is how the market works, manipulation has already existed since before and even outside crypto so this is not new and impossible. But somehow, many got the benefit with this because as they move the market high, people are taking advantage and sell their crypto.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 111
Pepemo.vip
The whales are soon going to be unable to manipulate the market or they will find it hard to do so, the market keeps growing and the level at which it was in 2014 is not what it is now, it has reached a bigger level now.

Although we still some of them that have tried to manipulate the market as of recent, with some being influencers who tries to use their influence on their followers to gain control over the market. I am hoping that soon we will get pass that level where people will have any single chance to manipulate the market at all, and I hope the market will just move on its own.
In this case, whales can indeed move the market, but this is temporary. and I think they use the influence of their name to lead other traders psychologically so that they are in tune with their transactions, so that it will become a great force and eventually be able to move the market as they wish. So in conclusion, whales don't seem to be able to move on their own, they still need the strength of the community
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1128
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
That must be completely true because when one market is going bigger then man of letters will slowly lose their power to move according to their own wish. Bitcoin is already a bigger one but unfortunately we are having very big whales on boards which is the reason we are still facing problems due to them and their ugly wishes.

I am hoping that soon we will get pass that level where people will have any single chance to manipulate the market at all, and I hope the market will just move on its own.
I believe that is attainable when we are having consistently massive trading volume across all crypto exchanges. We are slowly moving toward that kind of scenario but in between time we need to bear those greedy whales and their manipulations.
Activity: 783
Merit: 270

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1838

Well, you don't have to think like that, many think that whales always win in the market, but it is not like that, many whales have losses, the only thing is that most when they lose they tend to get their money back faster. than smaller investors and much more than traders.

Whales can have the money to acquire tools such as consolidated volume, which is something that has a huge advantage over small investors, compared to traders since no stock has the consolidated volume, in fact in 2018 when a market started fully bearish, via Bitfinex, and most exchanges were driven by the price Bitfinex had. The reason was simple, the whales entered Short for Bitfinex, to lower the price a lot, cause panic and make them buy cheaper.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1072
Whenever the price falls there will be fear and that is not going to change anytime soon neither. I believe we are going to end up with something that would basically be life changing in the next run. People are still not realizing where we are right now, that is the real scary part.
This also happens in all the markets even in the stock market and no matter even if everyone is aware that someone is manipulating it, you cannot do much. Every trader, small or big, manipulates the market in their own manner. When we buy an asset we are intentionally or unintentionally making the market fall down.

The only way you avoid the whales impacting you is by investing in tokens where you feel the value lies in the project, not the tokens. When you buy tokens or coins under others' influence or just based on recent market movements, you will always have fear and hence an insecure trader. Once you start investing in the worth of the project and the usability of the token, you will never be too afraid of the market crashing or pumping.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1073
the name 'whales' means they have a big amount of money, and that's all they need to manipulate the markets. If they want to bump it or crash it, then they will do it just by clicking a button, simple as that, not magic involved in this move.

But is important to mention that whales not always win. They can buy big amounts of crypto, but if another whale crash the market they will be in negative numbers.
That's true and that is why often whales are not a single entity but a group of traders/investors and will always coordinate their moves to make sure everyone benefits from each other.

If Elon Musk is pumping doge and a whale is trying to short dogecoin then they will fail miserably because they cannot surpass a bigger investor who is working in the opposite direction. The real losers are those who panic and sell their coins when a whale is selling. Trading is all about reading what the market is doing and then reacting in the best possible manner. Even the whales can be defeated if people don't panic when a whale sell off.
Activity: 909
Merit: 17
www.cd3d.app
legendary
Currently, tools that all people have access are used, and they are social networks, when influential people speak out, they move masses, emotions and cause them to buy or sell, such is the case of the best example Elon Musk, with only a few tweets he made many They will buy Doge and BTC in a massive way, so much that the prices made a big pump, but he by launching a tweet not so good for BTC caused one of the biggest Dumps of all, it is obvious that it was a strategy, if he wanted to sell BTC He achieved it in a great way, this type of manipulation has been applied since the 1800s in the stock market.

It is absolutely not acceptable to me but we can't stop people from doing this as they think that Elon Musk is helping us (for example). Of course, I do the same but to unfortunate that this person had ruined everything and makes us a fool.

This is to understand that it could be easy for the rich people, known personality to manipulate the market as they have the power to make it. We can never stop them as well as it was their right. It's up to us to decide if we have to follow them or not.

Since we can't stop this from happening as it depends on the person himself and we can't dictate them what to say, just take advantage of the situation. If we can't beat them, join them, right? After all, he doesn't care what will happen to your portfolio. It is your money, so take care of it and be responsible with your decisions. These whales are free to manipulate the market but as a small crypto user you need to take care of your own business.

Thus, there is a very clear saying in trading that few use it "Trade with other people's money", that is, follow the direction that the whales put, because if you go against it, it is obvious that you are going to lose, this can be interpreted in several ways:

Good news = SELL, Bad News = BUY, now if Elon Musk or a well-known whale speaks well about BTC, it is best to buy because it will surely go up, but do it almost instantly, because it cannot be denied that these influencers move masses And emotions, now, if Elon Musk returns to make another tweet speaking badly of BTC, I don't think he has the same market manipulation power anymore, I think Elon Musk has lost his market manipulation power.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
So in conclusion, is it safe to assume that what is happening to the market is a whale manipulation?

Like how do you really spot a whale doing a manipulation in the market?

So, is a bear/bull trap a manipulation too? If yes, then they shouldn't be here in the market. It's like how the Chinese making a scene to make a fud news that would spread like a wild fire eventually.

All I can say is to hodl if you think you are under the spell of whales manipulation and don't be a squishy weak-hands trying to help the whales to make more money.
legendary
Activity: 3444
Merit: 1162
Honestly bitcointalk is the greatest place to create backlinks, it is really something that would help you get a high SEO and if I ever have a business in the crypto world I am definitely going to link it here constantly. This guy wrote something in 2018 may and now there is pages of content writing under his point, it is really weird, it is a great backlink process to include bitcointalk.

I do know that there is a good reason why whales can manipulate and make profit, obviously one is money, but the second is that they are not getting in trouble here as much as any other place, if you do insider trading in stock market or anywhere else you get into big trouble, but when you do that in crypto there is no problem. Elon could literally tell all of his rich friends to sell and get out, then tweet something, and then they can buy lower, and repeat it. Who knows they are not doing it? And SEC or nobody else would care because it's crypto.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1074
Youtube Channel = Aak Zaki
Mostly it was a insecure feeling to the traders.It was the main reason for selling at low price.For all the coin,the manipulation of price is made by Whales.Their is no word of loss in crypto ,if you follow the step of holding.Holding make the good profit for your little investment.People inverse their needed money and get the loss by selling for dependence .
Holding on is still the best strategy. However holding altcoins should be at a lower price. holding it forcefully would be very painful.
Pope has a lot of strategies put in place to control the crypto market price. We must also be able to read it and follow it. riding a whale will be very useful so as not to get caught in a bad situation when the price starts to crash.
The FUD made by the pope is a common practice. Don't panic and get swayed easily. follow the whale game and we will survive.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 253
cmon, they are a whales, they do not need any tricks to manipualte the market. Buy and sell buttons are enough

I agree with you, the name 'whales' means they have a big amount of money, and that's all they need to manipulate the markets. If they want to bump it or crash it, then they will do it just by clicking a button, simple as that, not magic involved in this move.

But is important to mention that whales not always win. They can buy big amounts of crypto, but if another whale crash the market they will be in negative numbers.
therefore some whales use the power of news to move the market in their favor, as recently, where he preached receiving bitcoin, and buying it, it was clearly reported, and not long after he preached the opposite with the aim of causing panic to all investors to follow the steps
legendary
Merit: 1338
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
Btw, if you are more into technical analysis, like more watching and analyzing on the charts. Do you think spotting whales' manipulation is worth it?
Like if you are a trader by technical, do you believe in this whale manipulation?
Since most of the traders I followed, they don't mention at all these whales manipulation, they don't show it on their charts.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 2681
Top Crypto Casino
cmon, they are a whales, they do not need any tricks to manipualte the market. Buy and sell buttons are enough

I agree with you, the name 'whales' means they have a big amount of money, and that's all they need to manipulate the markets. If they want to bump it or crash it, then they will do it just by clicking a button, simple as that, not magic involved in this move.

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
This is actually useful for any trader if they know the signs that it is being done and most of the time, the signs can easily be seen if you look hard enough. Crypto whales only have power on people that aren't aware of what they are doing so you better be not on that side of the fence because that means that you are one of the millions out there that helps whales make money.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 250
Mostly it was a insecure feeling to the traders.It was the main reason for selling at low price.For all the coin,the manipulation of price is made by Whales.Their is no word of loss in crypto ,if you follow the step of holding.Holding make the good profit for your little investment.People inverse their needed money and get the loss by selling for dependence .
We can study the whales strategy, here's an example, when you have $10 million USD and you buy Bitcoin what will happen?
Of course the price will go up significantly right? then all traders will also follow it, just imagine that 5% increase is enough for whales to take profit,
5% of 1 million usd how much huh? ha ha
Activity: 1848
Merit: 158
Currently, tools that all people have access are used, and they are social networks, when influential people speak out, they move masses, emotions and cause them to buy or sell, such is the case of the best example Elon Musk, with only a few tweets he made many They will buy Doge and BTC in a massive way, so much that the prices made a big pump, but he by launching a tweet not so good for BTC caused one of the biggest Dumps of all, it is obvious that it was a strategy, if he wanted to sell BTC He achieved it in a great way, this type of manipulation has been applied since the 1800s in the stock market.

It is absolutely not acceptable to me but we can't stop people from doing this as they think that Elon Musk is helping us (for example). Of course, I do the same but to unfortunate that this person had ruined everything and makes us a fool.

This is to understand that it could be easy for the rich people, known personality to manipulate the market as they have the power to make it. We can never stop them as well as it was their right. It's up to us to decide if we have to follow them or not.

Since we can't stop this from happening as it depends on the person himself and we can't dictate them what to say, just take advantage of the situation. If we can't beat them, join them, right? After all, he doesn't care what will happen to your portfolio. It is your money, so take care of it and be responsible with your decisions. These whales are free to manipulate the market but as a small crypto user you need to take care of your own business.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1145
FOCUS

Elon Musk clearly knows how to manipulate the market and riding on the hype is risky as he can easily FUD the market about it and make you all on a loss. It will all depend on the trader on how he will trade and outsmart the market hype. I did trade DOGE because of Elon Musk and I did earn some profits because of the hype he made, Though I take profits and the result is I didn't get caught in the dumps that are naturally occurring on the market.

If you believe in these influencers, Try believing in yourself. Use them as they use you.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 612

Merit: 585
Whenever the price falls there will be fear and that is not going to change anytime soon neither. I believe we are going to end up with something that would basically be life changing in the next run. People are still not realizing where we are right now, that is the real scary part.

Those insecure traders will be shocked when they realize that if we have another huge run like we had here, that will eventually end up with something like a bigger market cap than gold type of deal, that is not understandable, that is not going to end up with something that could be profitable for just us, it is going to be profitable for everyone in the world, "flip gold" is not something that can be taken lightly. In the end I am hoping to see that bitcoin could probably reach to a level where life will become much better, and those who are insecure will slowly grow used to it.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 15
The method used is not patentable and can be easily estimated. if that's the way everyone can guess, then what's the point of throwing away?

I think it is still difficult to define a predictable way which is then considered a method for whales to manipulate prices in the market.
legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 669
Whales create FUD, weak hands got shaken easily, and start to get panic.
Whether we like it or not, these rich people that we called whales are making their own way to make money and to take advantage of the market while small investors riding on it. But it was too unfortunate that most of the newcomers got their trap and caught. So I could say that whales are smarter than causal investors and they can really manipulate the market if they want to.
Whales win in the fiat world as well, having money that you do not need is a power that we can't even understand. When you have 1000 dollars and you invested 100 dollars of that, it is your 10% and when you have 10 million dollars and invest 1 million dollars it is 10% as well. However they are not the same thing, when you lose that 100 dollars you might be losing a money that is very important to you, money that could change your life, pay your bills, something valuable to me, however when that guy loses his million dollars he still has 9 million dollars, he doesn't change his life at all.

This is why I think it is quite important we realize that we are fighting against an enemy that has nuclear weapon and we are trying to shoot them with glocks, there is a big difference, some of us have knives instead, these guys are bombing us with nuclear, the difference is THAT big.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
Following whales strategy is best to counter their manipulation in the market but in actual or say in reality this is difficult because of funds limitation like whales accumulate thousands of bitcoins at dips and on the other side how much can you invest if the prices are at $30-$40k even after crash? And most importantly there is saying in market "weaker hands sold to strong hands" which is correct like the panic sellers jointly sold their coins to the whale group at dips due to FUD spreaded by them.But the best time is to invest when there is blood on Roads meaning when charts are red just go with investment and green signals increase your profit.You can't compete with whales but try to weaken their situation if you learn this thing.
Activity: 2758
Merit: 600
If you will going to HOLD longer then there will be no option for whale to manipulate the market, because the only thing they can do is to shake the market and if noob and week investors affected of the movement then the whales success .
but if all of us small investors will not take part then we will win against them.
That's what a strong hand will always defeat the whale, even how they will spread their FUD, no one will listen to them and follow what they say.

Those wealthy and high institutional investors are considered as a whale and they are enemies to us a small investor.  A low volume altcoins are easy for them to shake and create FUD so that weak people will easily believe in their hidden agenda of making a profit in the market.

That's why to invest in what you can afford because holding for a long time and aiming to gain profit isn't easy.  There's no time frame for that or else, patiently wait until it will come.
But most of the time they are winning. Whales create FUD, weak hands got shaken easily, and start to get panic.
Whether we like it or not, these rich people that we called whales are making their own way to make money and to take advantage of the market while small investors riding on it. But it was too unfortunate that most of the newcomers got their trap and caught. So I could say that whales are smarter than causal investors and they can really manipulate the market if they want to.
Activity: 2156
Merit: 553
Activity: 2212
Merit: 504
The problem with people who are too afraid to hold is because they have this fear of the market going down to as low as zero where the chance for that to happen is really slim, these people don't know what in every coin they sold there's people waiting to buy more and more
and that's gonna happen even if the market is about to go down to about 90% some people gonna buy these coins in bulk and wait for another recovery.
If you know that the market has really low chance of going down that much because peolpe are also setting up buy order you gonna have a strong hand, remember we only lose when we sell.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
🔰Buy/Sell Cryptocurrencies🔰
If you will going to HOLD longer then there will be no option for whale to manipulate the market, because the only thing they can do is to shake the market and if noob and week investors affected of the movement then the whales success .
but if all of us small investors will not take part then we will win against them.
That's what a strong hand will always defeat the whale, even how they will spread their FUD, no one will listen to them and follow what they say.

Those wealthy and high institutional investors are considered as a whale and they are enemies to us a small investor.  A low volume altcoins are easy for them to shake and create FUD so that weak people will easily believe in their hidden agenda of making a profit in the market.

That's why to invest in what you can afford because holding for a long time and aiming to gain profit isn't easy.  There's no time frame for that or else, patiently wait until it will come.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 117
~
The common way whales manipulate prices is usually looking for coins that are cheaply priced, usually whales manipulating the price of new coins.
After that the whales will pump the coins and after the FOMO occurs, the whales will immediately take profit and the market dump. After that whales
will leave the coins, therefore avoid investing in new coins, if not able to do research and analysis properly. For popular coins, whales usually do
the pump, you dump several times to be able to collect profit. Therefore if we invest in popular coins, if after we buy the price is not long then dump.
It was likely a manipulation of the whales, and we only need to be patient with the holding of these coins. Because as I said, whales will pump and
dump several times, so we wait until the coin price is pumped again.
Yes, they're more with the new coins because liquidity is low.

And when they enter, the price will pump and shall be noticed by many traders, so those traders will also have that thought that it's a good coin to invest because it just pumped and quite new.

So whoever enters early will have the most advantage.

All coins with low liquidity are very easy to manipulate, therefore for newbies it is better to avoid investing in coins with low liquidity.
It is true that early adopters are always profitable, therefore it's no wonder new projects are always in demand, because the opportunity
to get profit is very large. But what we need to be aware of, there are so many new projects that are scams, and usually there are always
whales who invest in new projects. Research and analysis is required before deciding to invest in new projects.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 622
ROLLBIT > Crypto's Most Rewarding Casino
If you can learn to successfully whale watch, you will be able to trade the way they do and make higher returns. It’s also essential to “hodl” strong if they are trying to make the price drop. Otherwise, you will feed the whales your position at a discount and give them even more leverage in the future to manipulate the market further.
These really make sense seeing how powerful the whales are. We may not know who they are. But although we always believe that no one can manipulate the market, it sees,s like be different. When the whales have played with the market, they will always be able to manipulate the price. Up and down only several times is really possible.

However, what I am thinking right now is about:
Is every whale the same? WIll be going to m=be more interested to make the same decision for the same time? Like making a drop price at the same time? because sometimes, we can see that some parties are also struggling in order that BTC will not be dropped again
Activity: 2940
Merit: 657
We should really hold if they're manipulating the price. They all want to get the best price before selling and if they're sending the prices down. That only means that they want to have it at the cheapest price so they send fud to the market.

And once it's already down, they're buying all of those cheap bitcoins.

The common way whales manipulate prices is usually looking for coins that are cheaply priced, usually whales manipulating the price of new coins.
After that the whales will pump the coins and after the FOMO occurs, the whales will immediately take profit and the market dump. After that whales
will leave the coins, therefore avoid investing in new coins, if not able to do research and analysis properly. For popular coins, whales usually do
the pump, you dump several times to be able to collect profit. Therefore if we invest in popular coins, if after we buy the price is not long then dump.
It was likely a manipulation of the whales, and we only need to be patient with the holding of these coins. Because as I said, whales will pump and
Yes, they're more with the new coins because liquidity is low.

And when they enter, the price will pump and shall be noticed by many traders, so those traders will also have that thought that it's a good coin to invest because it just pumped and quite new.

So whoever enters early will have the most advantage.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 4113
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
I think the best way to counter these whales manipulators simply by going against the flow, many people are scared of bearish they made a silly mistake of panic selling, same with bullish they also get too carried away and fomo.

The whale are master of their craft, they're very good and skilled at manipulating the market, they know when to push the agenda and it'll have an effect on the market so if you're trying to outsmart them, you have to be very cautious to avoid getting rekted.

The best method (in outsmarting the whales) is by cost averaging when the bears are in sessions. Don't go in with all your funds at ones as you'll never know when the button is reached and they (the whales) could still manipulate the market further just to cause more panic in the market.

In the scenario of bullish market instead of countering the whales, I would suggest you just go with the flow but apply cautious by making use of the stop loss features at a very reasonable price.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 264
~
For long-term hodlers like me, it's just piss easy because I won't be like moving my coins for quite a long-time even if whales would turn the trends around at some point.
Just like what's happening to the market right now, either I just buy or I hold. I just don't give a crap about others' FUDs to the market.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 174
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1646
To the Moon
...It is important to note that these tactics are illegal in the regulated stock market exchanges. As the cryptocurrency world faces more regulations as time goes on, It is safe to say that the whales will eventually lose their power to manipulate the market so readily and easily.

Obviously, it will take a long time before such manipulations in the cryptocurrency market will be prohibited by law, just as it is prohibited in the stock market. And until this happens, traders must adapt to the manipulation of large capital, opening orders in the same direction as the whales.
Activity: 826
Merit: 100
I believe that in order to understand the actions of whales, you need to have a lot of experience and a number of special skills. But in addition to the strategies of the whales, to lower the prices of crypto assets or, on the contrary, increase them, there is also market manipulation when we think about one thing, and in this all this was created for another result. Previously, the crypto market was not as manipulative as it is now, and this makes it clear that not all the actions of crits need to be paid attention to, and even more so to try to correspond to them. Is that only in one case, when you know 100% of the plans of the whales.
it is hard to guess if the whales will act, where the market will be pumping high and for a while it will be dumped again. In the current situation, we must be careful when taking steps, most importantly, don't be greedy to take profits, because at any time the market may reverse.
legendary
Merit: 1703
Betcoin.ag
Of all ways you have described I believe the price pumping manipulation is one of those strategies that has spoiled us the most!
-snip-
price pumping manipulation is indeed one strategy that will spoil anyone. But when we participate in the FOMO pump like that, in a few minutes the price will drop very drastically and eventually many are stuck at a high price, this will be very dangerous.
As a regular trader I try to follow where the pope is going and try to get on his back to stay safe.
market manipulation will continue, we must stay prepared. and the last is to do technical analysis because the main reference of whales is also in technical analysis.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 870
Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures
Of all ways you have described I believe the price pumping manipulation is one of those strategies that has spoiled us the most!

Because every time this happens people don't see this move early enough and ride the wave late then the whales choose to mitigate there trades and all those still holding the buy trades get their accounts wiped out and once mitigation is over its back on the bullish trail.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

Their significant funds allow them to change the market trend in whatever direction they want.
they want to happen? Perhaps if ppl will not believe in such things maybe market now is fully recovered and not become stagnant. But unfortunately mostly don't know what exactly happening right now and relying on what's in the internet which a big mistake because of some fuds spreading some shits in the internet..right now it depends on us if we really wanted to get the real information in my personal opinion because if we use to believe in such things its like a suicide..
Activity: 1946
Merit: 112
I believe that in order to understand the actions of whales, you need to have a lot of experience and a number of special skills. But in addition to the strategies of the whales, to lower the prices of crypto assets or, on the contrary, increase them, there is also market manipulation when we think about one thing, and in this all this was created for another result. Previously, the crypto market was not as manipulative as it is now, and this makes it clear that not all the actions of crits need to be paid attention to, and even more so to try to correspond to them. Is that only in one case, when you know 100% of the plans of the whales.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 117
We should really hold if they're manipulating the price. They all want to get the best price before selling and if they're sending the prices down. That only means that they want to have it at the cheapest price so they send fud to the market.

Activity: 2940
Merit: 657

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1027
I think the best way to counter these whales manipulators simply by going against the flow, many people are scared of bearish they made a silly mistake of panic selling, same with bullish they also get too carried away and fomo
meanwhile if you see the price chart, just imagine you're going against the market, instead of panic selling you're holding, you can actually make very big profit, the last buyer of the recent 2017 bullish market at the peak of ATH if they are still holding, still got more than 100% returns, those are the people who go against most of people and win at the end.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
Let whales do whatever they wanna do. Create your own investment strategy and follow that. Whales are called whales because they invested in bitcoin when it was around zero and people made fun of it. You can also be a whale by accumulating coins when they are at dip. We usually run away from red market thats why we don't have much impact on green market.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1313
Well, all I can do is to watch these whales manipulating the market because the real thing is that, they are also doing their best to make profits while some of these investors are just riding on it.
For retailers this is the only thing we can do. Either we ride their manipulation game or left behind. Sometime we get caught on their tricks as they market dump and we didn't sell and sometime they pumped and we already dumped. This unfavorable event usually occured and we can see it happening in a blink of an eye. Damn those whales playing market games on us.
Activity: 2576
Merit: 509
Did you see the market price chart that resembles wyckoff distribution? some youtuber i followed actually pointed out that there's certainly manipulation going on
and it could be the institutional investors that are playing by their own set of rules taking advantage of the masses, it's crazy actually how the resemblance literally
looks alike making it hard to believe that it's not manipulated. But despite of that many people actually think that BTC definitely could hit $200K in the future
but that's merely a speculation, however if it could hit that high then I'm definitely all in.

Coinbureau, one of the best Youtubers in my opinion, published a very good video on price manipulation in the crypto market just yesterday:

https://youtu.be/ltcnTTeDFjY

In it, he also gives tips on how to recognize the manipulations and counteract them or use them to your advantage. Can only recommend the video!
Exactly this, I just figured this video out of yt recommendation and it actually blows my mind.
Activity: 2114
Merit: 179
Whales will always play here in the market because they are the one who has the power to manipulate and we cannot blame them since we all want to make money same thing with them. Bette to think on how to ride with the whales and make money with then at the same time, we know its possible so start learning now and enjoy the market with the whales.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 771
Top Crypto Casino
In any market, there would always be big players and smaller ones. It's up to the small to medium sized traders to decide what they want to do. But ultimately, the goal should be to hold regardless of where the market's direction is out. Based on my experience, using some whale tracker or bot won't help in situations like this. For me, I keep out the whale noise and focus on what the market is telling me.
The best thing to do here would be HODL. A simple HODL startegy beats all these pumps and dumps and gives out more profits than trading in the long term.
Yes, sometimes the short term profits can give us good gains as well but many times we lose the gains on the long term.
Whereas simply holding for long term gives us a life of our own and good enough profits on our investments.
True that. It's only someone who hasn't gone through several market circles that wouldn't hesitate to panic sell when it all comes crashing to the ground level.
Activity: 2758
Merit: 643
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
Conclusion

If you can learn to successfully whale watch, you will be able to trade the way they do and make higher returns. It’s also essential to “hodl” strong if they are trying to make the price drop. Otherwise, you will feed the whales your position at a discount and give them even more leverage in the future to manipulate the market further.
HOLDing might sometimes be essential in some other way but I can't tell that not all the time we need to do this. Whales manipulation can be fatal to you, if we are not checking the market regularly that will surprise us that one day our investment become zero in value. So the thing we should have to do is to watch closely what they do, we never know what will be their next plan so it was much better to anticipate them first before it hooks you up.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 193
Coinbureau, one of the best Youtubers in my opinion, published a very good video on price manipulation in the crypto market just yesterday:

In it, he also gives tips on how to recognize the manipulations and counteract them or use them to your advantage. Can only recommend the video!
A million subscribers means a lot to me and thanks for sharing his channel now I’ll also watch his previous videos.
Anyway, manipulators will always act accordingly and if one whales started to make a huge selling pressure, some whales will back up that actions and that’s the start of the price. We must really know when to follow the whales actions and understand the importance of volume in the trade that could give you a sign on when to buy and sell. Don’t sell on panic, that could add up to the stress in the market and you might miss the chance of selling on a higher price again.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
The best thing to do here would be HODL. A simple HODL startegy beats all these pumps and dumps and gives out more profits than trading in the long term.
Yes, sometimes the short term profits can give us good gains as well but many times we lose the gains on the long term.
Whereas simply holding for long term gives us a life of our own and good enough profits on our investments.
^ If you know how this BTC price will move, you will rather choose to HODL than selling it at a low price.
OP was definitely right, those are the movement of whales after they will pump the market, they will execute sell an option at a higher price and then creating a FUD that everyone will sell their BTC. It will react to all of those weak hands and will probably do a panic selling. At this point, they had a chance to buy back and make good news again. That is how they simply manipulate the market.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 712
Nothing lasts forever
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
It is important to note that these tactics are illegal in the regulated stock market exchanges. As the cryptocurrency world faces more regulations as time goes on, It is safe to say that the whales will eventually lose their power to manipulate the market so readily and easily.

It's not illegal though market manipulation with short selling as well as going long and taking advantage of both buy and sell orders with their money is something within the boundaries of what an investor can do that is why the SEC has setup things such as trading halt and market halts to minimize the damage of what FUD and FOMO can do to the market. What is illegal though is insider trading as well as market manipulation by spreading false information similar to a pump and dump group, whales taking advantage of the market with only their money is something that is out of their hands considering that their capital alone has enough to influence the market they are on.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 671
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
Well, all I can do is to watch these whales manipulating the market because the real thing is that, they are also doing their best to make profits while some of these investors are just riding on it. And besides, we are also benefiting the market once they pump the price and it is up to us how to escaped when dumps had come.
As these manipulations had no regulations, we can never stop them. Whales doing their own and we do ours as well. I don't know if we have the right to get their attention as we can deny that they are a potential market player.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1141
It is important to note that these tactics are illegal in the regulated stock market exchanges. As the cryptocurrency world faces more regulations as time goes on, It is safe to say that the whales will eventually lose their power to manipulate the market so readily and easily.
What's the unique and difference both of stock exchanges and cryptocurrency exchanges if cryptocurrency exchanges will be more regulated? It's will make less decentralization and it's not what's people want it.

Those 2 ways you mentioned above is only about buy and sell order, IMO FOMO and FUD is a major play in this space not from whales. I don't really care when I saw big amount order, I just do what I want to do. Just like the last FUD when China ban Bitcoin (again) people were do panic selling.
Activity: 868
Merit: 150

This is the kind of video that a lot of people should be seeing, I don't know this Youtuber but this kind of tips can help someone big time especially with manipulations happening in the market without being monitored, my message to everyone is to check out this video because it can help you make those manipulations work to your advantage.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 379
Keeping eyes on the strategy of whales is really the hardest tasks I have ever seen, it's really annoying and stressful doing such tasks, as long as coin price rises and falls, that is enough for me to remain a crypto enthusiast because price fluctuation is affected by demand and supply., Any assets that doesn't constitute demand and supply theory, stay away from it., whales are one of the factors that affect the market positively and negatively.

The problem a trader has is that, some doesn't know the type of trader they are, either day to day, weekly, monthly or yearly trader, if you know the type you are, you won't be worried about whales effect, a day trader must be aware of whales behavior, long term trader will never think about whale's effect.
legendary
Merit: 2670
Top Crypto Casino

Activity: 882
Merit: 63
Often their tactics don't work, and the crypto community ignores the whales, doesn't it?
It doesn't really matter to them because either way they still make a lot of money and I am thankful for them because they are flushing out weal handed investors by causing a big wave resulting in panic selling.
Activity: 174
Merit: 29
I just put in a bitcoin sell order with limit price of 1 billion dollars HAHA.

If all of us did the same thing I think that could defeat the whale's sell wall? Let's all do it now!  Grin
Merit: 792
Whales have big capital in BTC and in fiat or stable coins. They create big sell or buy walls to control the market. They draw a chart for you to see how it looks perfect in wave, pattern, fractal. All are their traps but you can not smart and experienced enough to verify what they do are real and what are faked, traps.

If you love Bitcoin, believe in Bitcoin and want to be a millionaire, buy as much Bitcoin as you can and hodl. Let's whales do their plans then you will see your job is very easy.
Activity: 702
Merit: 251
If I was a whale I would pump the price up really good and hard  at a time when everyone is expecting the price to go down - this would make the short sellers shit their pants as well as reck the other whales and institutions who were trying to screw over the retail investors. HAHA then I would have a good laugh. F*ck them!
Activity: 1274
Merit: 293
2 Simple Ways Crypto Whales Manipulate the Market

May 30, 2018

What is a crypto whale? The term “whale” is something you may have heard at least a few times if you’re involved in the cryptocurrency community. A whale is typically a high net worth individual that puts a large amount of their funds into cryptocurrencies.

Their significant funds allow them to change the market trend in whatever direction they want. They can make it go up, down or trade sideways while they are loading up for the next pump. Let’s take a closer look and do some whale watching.

We will examine if there is a rhyme or reason to their manipulative behavior and tactics in the market. We will also examine what their tactics look like and how these tactics cause price gains and losses for the average trader.

Legend of “BearWhale”

The first notable whale incident with Bitcoin dates back to 2014. The infamous whale dubbed “BearWhale” decided to put up his entire position of 30,000 BTC up for sale. He later said he did this so he could capitalize on his investment gains and retire.

He put an order limit for 30,000 BTC in to be sold at $300. He realizes now he could’ve made more money if he would’ve worked on a better sell off strategy for his Bitcoin position. Instead of having a sound selloff strategy, he put up a massive wall with his large 30,000 BTC sell order.

This sell order caused a considerable stir in the Bitcoin community. Nearly everyone was worried that there was a larger conspiracy to lower the price of Bitcoin permanently. Everyone fought hard and successfully absorbed his entire sell order.

Price Suppression

In contrast to BearWhale, some other whales have since then created waves in some crypto-markets, with much more strategic motivations. They can control the price of coins because there is still a relatively low volume of traders in the crypto markets.

The more substantial and more frequent amounts money funneled into the market, the harder it will be for whales to manipulate the market as quickly as they are right now. They can suppress the price of coins in a pretty straightforward way.
Let’s say the whales know that an impactful announcement will come soon or they want to load up on a coin in a specific price range so they can have an even more significant position than they do right now. All they need to do is to put a massive sell order on the books that is lower than all of the other sell orders in the market.

This large order will force the other sellers to lower their price so they can sell their orders before the whale’s sell order. The whale can then further reduce the enormous sell order price forcing all of the other sellers to drop their selling price even lower than before.
These events then set off a bit of panic chain reaction in the market. The whale will then pull their large sell orders off of the market when they’ve created enough panic, and the price is where they wanted it to be so they can accumulate more coins at their desired price point. This tactic described above is known as a “sell wall.”

Price Pumping

If the whales want to artificially inflate the price of a cryptocurrency all they need to do is the opposite of a sell wall. They put huge buy orders on the market at higher prices than what is on the market. This buy order then forces bidders to raise the price of their bids so the sell orders fill their buy orders.

If executed correctly this can cause FOMO for smaller investors and drive up the price significantly. This pump tactic requires significant amounts of capital that aren’t required to pull off a sell wall successfully. So a group of whales need to do this together in order to execute this tactic successfully.

Conclusion

https://medium.com/formosa-financial/2-simple-ways-crypto-whales-manipulate-the-market-35ba10bc07f7
Jump to: