Author

Topic: 20-DaysAway4'Bitcoin's Birthday (Read 200 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 5
October 12, 2020, 04:49:32 PM
as I mentioned above on the long text, The White Paper's title, abstract and introduction would've been enough for anyone to understand what was Bitcoin, not even going to the coding part, electronics and how it works.
And yet, that requires a level of trust you probably wouldn't have considering that back then it was a forum full of members you don't know, created by an anonymous entity. For example, I do not have any coding skills/knowledge - I basically blindly trust the code behind Bitcoin and the peers who've reviewed it. Without them, I would have probably been in doubts about its legitimacy and rather not risk joining the network & community.

you probably wouldn't have - That is just pure speculation and hypothesis coming from you towards me, not knowing me one bit.
I didn't find the need for other humans to convince me wether should I believe in Bitcoin, research for it or invest on it.
All I needed after seeing a video which was recommended on youtube, was a google search that landed me on the White Paper, and after reading the 'Abstract' and 'Introduction'  that was all I needed to start being more hyped.
Maybe U took a better approach than mines to be honest, doubting stuff and creating fundamental beliefs not knowing how Bitcoin operates, but hey, we still are at the same page.
I would've loved to be more of what U r, cuz I get emotional easy, especially on fiat aspect wich I hate cuz I've seen a lot of sh!t wanting now to de-tach my self from cash and not wasting my precious time of life after winning over it.
I wouldn't doubt Bitcoin personally after reading the White Paper, not just to invest on it, but to really see what was missing in the world.
However, I'm glad U here no matter how different our personalities and views are, I wish U have done well since U found out of Bitcoin, which most likely U did Smiley
I appreciate your replies, and please don't take me wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597
October 12, 2020, 04:19:04 PM
as I mentioned above on the long text, The White Paper's title, abstract and introduction would've been enough for anyone to understand what was Bitcoin, not even going to the coding part, electronics and how it works.
And yet, that requires a level of trust you probably wouldn't have considering that back then it was a forum full of members you don't know, created by an anonymous entity. For example, I do not have any coding skills/knowledge - I basically blindly trust the code behind Bitcoin and the peers who've reviewed it. Without them, I would have probably been in doubts about its legitimacy and rather not risk joining the network & community.
October 12, 2020, 01:49:55 PM
Hearing about bitcoin during the years 2009-2010 was mostly about luck, because hardly anyone knew of it at the time, so people would have fewer referrals taking them to this site. Bitcointalk isn't advertised anywhere, in ads or sponsored posts or the like, and that contributed to people's uninformedness at the time, missing this window. We can't blame them, as nobody knew in advance that this project would be so successful.

It is like all the other software projects people start, many of them don't live to see their first stable release, many more get abandoned after a few releases and only a handful become widely-adopted and prevalent.

As for the people who left during these early days, they ran out of patience, thinking that their digital money would never become valuable.

- as for people who ran out of patience thinking that their digital money in pennies would've never become valuable they was not re-searchers and believers on Bitcoin.
Remember that Bitcoin saw an ROI just 5 days after it's launch, with a 900% uprise, so who would've let them Bitcoins go out of patience but people who did not believed in it.
However, who was introduced to Bitcoin before 2012, today is doing good, I guarantee U that... Im talking about those who truly know what it is not for gamblers and traders.
U have people who mined since back than not having even a single sent-out from wallet coins.
Now that's Belief and true virtue of Patience

October 12, 2020, 01:45:00 PM
it was amazing
i can not believe that Bitcoin is so strong like that
and i hope that bitcoin will be more stronger than before and it can improve economies around the world.  Kiss Kiss

And it will yet be amazing as long as Bitcoin lives on bro and Internet is out there!
There is no stopping the Bitcoin running, expect banning it and causing us investors on it not to cash out.
And Bitcoin will only get stronger and stronger by time.
It's computing power will continue rising, it's scarcity will become even more noticable.
21.000.000 into existence only 18.500.000 mined already.
1.000.000BTC of Satoshi - minus approx 3-4.000.000 BTC lost on old HDD and forgotten wallets, that leaves us with the same amount of Bitcoin in circulation we already have right now.
It's mindblowing!
October 12, 2020, 10:41:42 AM
If only those people spent the time writing criticisms of bitcoin investing in it instead, they would have also become richer. But what these criticisms show is that they lack the confidence to invest. They were uneasy about using bitcoin themselves.
When something completely new and unique pops ups, people tend to suspect its legitimacy and usefulness. Today we have tutorials and guides for Bitcoin, including ELI5 explanations, everywhere we look. Back then, it was something only few could comprehend. For non-coders, it was all about trusting whether what a stranger on the Internet says about that code is legit or not.

Imagine one more completely unique and advanced technology pops up. Call it Bitcoin v2.0. The average person does not know coding languages - would they trust some new, strange software on their PC?

Criticism is healthy. While some of it makes no sense, I like listening to everyone and making my own decisions and opinions. Without criticism, Bitcoin wouldn't have progressed this much.

-The average person does not know coding languages...
It would've been more better stated from U
'the average Joe who doesn't know what fiat monetary sytem is'
that would've been soomething to push one away from Bitcoin.
Now, all perspectives are different from an individual to another, for me, all what I mentioned above, was the push for me to dig on more on Bitcoin, learning about it and throwing whatever I had. And not back then, but not longer than months ago!
So, I just hate it for not being there instead of someone who was there for ignorance criticism, which I never mention that are not healthy, but weren't filled with arguments
' for what some started as an Halloween Joke'
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597
October 12, 2020, 06:28:24 AM
If only those people spent the time writing criticisms of bitcoin investing in it instead, they would have also become richer. But what these criticisms show is that they lack the confidence to invest. They were uneasy about using bitcoin themselves.
When something completely new and unique pops ups, people tend to suspect its legitimacy and usefulness. Today we have tutorials and guides for Bitcoin, including ELI5 explanations, everywhere we look. Back then, it was something only few could comprehend. For non-coders, it was all about trusting whether what a stranger on the Internet says about that code is legit or not.

Imagine one more completely unique and advanced technology pops up. Call it Bitcoin v2.0. The average person does not know coding languages - would they trust some new, strange software on their PC?

Criticism is healthy. While some of it makes no sense, I like listening to everyone and making my own decisions and opinions. Without criticism, Bitcoin wouldn't have progressed this much.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
October 12, 2020, 06:19:50 AM
Hearing about bitcoin during the years 2009-2010 was mostly about luck, because hardly anyone knew of it at the time, so people would have fewer referrals taking them to this site. Bitcointalk isn't advertised anywhere, in ads or sponsored posts or the like, and that contributed to people's uninformedness at the time, missing this window. We can't blame them, as nobody knew in advance that this project would be so successful.

It is like all the other software projects people start, many of them don't live to see their first stable release, many more get abandoned after a few releases and only a handful become widely-adopted and prevalent.

As for the people who left during these early days, they ran out of patience, thinking that their digital money would never become valuable.

Humble from all the DIRT it was thrown at it in its Inception, be it from speculators with ill-hate speeches, be it mainstream medias ill-headlines[especially with the Silk Road- case], Governments banning it, being ridiculed and still this day having doubters and haters.

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
October 12, 2020, 06:03:14 AM
it was amazing
i can not believe that Bitcoin is so strong like that
and i hope that bitcoin will be more stronger than before and it can improve economies around the world.  Kiss Kiss
October 11, 2020, 01:19:06 PM
We are currently 20 Days away 4' Bitcoin to age 12!
Look how much Bitcoin has grown up!
Head held up High!
Scarcer(stronger) than even (Peter's weak-minded Schiff) Gold in itself,
and yet,
Humble!
Humble from all the DIRT it was thrown at it in its Inception, be it from speculators with ill-hate speeches, be it mainstream medias ill-headlines[especially with the Silk Road- case], Governments banning it, being ridiculed and still this day having doubters and haters.
But as it seems, it's relative!
What for some started as a 'good' Halloween Joke, for others was Everything!
To those who understood it!
2' Those who read The White-Paper more than once and were constantly re-searching to understand it more deeply, on what it really Bitcoin was and on what it really meant for us!
You'd see back then, Affectionate voulantary individuals/miners mining on basic Home-Computers and overheating their old-tech GPU to earn Bitcoin at 50BTC per Block Reward while today it sits at 6.25BTC with an All Time High Difficulty to earn Bit's, and not any ordinary average tech-person can do it, none the less having a bunch of money to start with on setting the minining computers, paying electricity bills and other diffuculties along the road of earning Bitcoin.
2' those who started saving cash before Bitcoin even had a price and was an open market(January 3/2009), to those who bought at Bitcoin's first baby steps and watch it grow to 20K and it will grow more! YOU Deserve to be a Millionaire.
To those who sold Peaks- bought lows and more Bitcoin and less cash-profit means!
To those who well-managed their coins and didn't lose them!
To those who lost their coins, and bought yet firm again on their descisions at lower entries, accumulating even more and not having to much fun with their wealth.
To those who became firm believers after the first ones and started investing more heavily in fiat means as price continued growing.
How could've some one's attention was not won when Bitcoin saw an 900% ROI(Return Over Investment) just five days after its first baby-steps[first price]
How could've some one's attention was not caught after reading 'Abstract' and 'Introduction' on the White Paper!
How could've some one who was blessed to begin with, hearing about Bitcoin since then and even registering on bitcointalk.org having the chance replying to Satoshi themselves and were here for the only purpose of spreading negativity, ponzi stuffs writing out of IGNORANCE while Refusing to be Enlighten'.
How could've someone in reality really turnend his back on Bitcoin ??
HOW!
It blows my freaking mind, I'm telling U', especially on the position I'm at where owning even a quarter of a whole Bitcoin at current price it's almost impossible, and owning even One or Two it's just a far-fetched dream.
It blows my mind I'm telling you!
How it can not!?
When I think on term of how destiny is written for me! At sleepless nights and hopeless days since I was first introduced to Bitcoin in 2020(3-4 months ago),  all I see is how things would've been so much different for me not just in cash means but everybody in blood relatives helping them, and even orphans on my family tree.
How much different my life would've been as an humble millionaire from Bitcoin having an strong obsession over Bitcoin, working for it and helping other newcomers out who love BTC the same and wanna HODL and accumulate more by selling peaks and buying lower.
Had I was blessed like those ignorants who refused to listen and to just read and ponder upon Bitcoin in 2008 White Paper Releasment, everything would've been different.
Ah, destiny!
I just wish and hope that Bitcoin will have a biiiiig spiike on it's Birthday in price terms since it is already up, and I wish that day will be the first day for the New Bitcoin Bull-Market, even tho I own too little, not even a whole fraction of Bitcoin and price going high it's not on my favor.
I wouldn't mind to miss the next peak out and be financially free in the future to where I live, cuz I see Bitcoin going to 200K+ price range to be honest, and even potentially more.
I wouldn't mind to hold the pain, know I have an objective on how should I use my cash, tho' there'se no capital or whatsoever.
I wished I was not just an 12 years old kiddo back then, especially coming from a third world country 20 years post communism, and accesing a Personal Computer was a luxury, and where on Schools of Elementary and High Schools really was not an class for devoloping computer's skills and knowledge.
Take care of your Bitcoins!!!
Bright future is coming ahead Cheesy and if U own 1 cheer up!

*try to keep it positive cuz negative stuff makes me irritated while reading comments
Be well!
Jump to: