Author

Topic: 20 XRP as barrier to entry? (Read 445 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101
June 16, 2017, 01:29:37 AM
If ~5 USD or so are already keeping you from creating an account, it probably is a good thing that this is in place.

Anyways, Gatehub I think still gives you free XRP once you do KYC with them.

What is a KYC?
KYC and AML are: Know Your Customer/Client, and Anti-Money Laundering respectively. They are requirements most exchanges/companies/payment processors/etc. ask for to know your identity, and to hold you responsible for any illegal/illicit activity done on your end (like money laundry or terrorism funding).

ohh i see. Let me KYC with Gatehub and collect those credits then
Activity: 1302
Merit: 288
June 15, 2017, 07:02:20 PM
If ~5 USD or so are already keeping you from creating an account, it probably is a good thing that this is in place.

What is a KYC?
KYC and AML are: Know Your Customer/Client, and Anti-Money Laundering respectively. They are requirements most exchanges/companies/payment processors/etc. ask for to know your identity, and to hold you responsible for any illegal/illicit activity done on your end (like money laundry or terrorism funding).
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
June 15, 2017, 06:52:46 PM

What is a KYC?
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006
June 15, 2017, 02:49:05 PM

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
June 15, 2017, 07:31:06 AM

Im gettin desperate... Im a little late getting on the ripple train and it seems like all giveaway promos, etc. to get you 20 XRP and your wallet activated are outdated.

Where did you get your fix? Any service or promo that's still active to get you started with 20 XRP?

I tried signing up on bitstamp, but the exchange rate/fees there are just ridicolous.

What do you think of this measure in general? I hear the aim is to prevent users creating multiple accounts, but what it really is market regulation. You re creating a barrier to entry that becomes increasingly difficult to overcome. I guess XRP is one of the most carefully managed crypto markets and pretty much the antagonist to btc

On the off chance that at the current rate there is a generous gentleman or gentlewoman?! that is looking for a chance to do good today. Im accepting XRP rfJy4ME9WzJ3vr4S1Co9ukqApeUzK93cXB

Any hints or strategies to get 20 XRP are just as much appreciated.

Cheers
Jump to: