Author

Topic: 2009 - 2019 Bitcoins First Decade Closes With . . . (Read 177 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 423
for a decade bitcoin has existed and it has proven to be a very good price development. although the movements have gone up bad, so far if judged by its growth it can be said to be good. many events occur each year, and from year to year bitcoin always provides benefits for those who use it
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256
Its true that the 2017 spike say a lot of new people enter the market
at the height of that spike only to sell at a loss or are still holding.

Even 2019 has shown a gain over the 12 months, pretty much every
year apart from 2017 and arguably 2018 has produced a gain, I
suppose its subjective, it all depends on your point of entry
Activity: 1120
Merit: 255
More than 90 percent of people think Bitcoin is a scam or is money for druggies and criminals. It’s really amazing still people don’t get Bitcoin and it’s potential. I think Blockchain will no doubt start the next industrial revolution and Bitcoin will be looked at in awe when people realize what they could have bought into but instead scorned and ridiculed. It’s like Noah story that telling everyone about the floods and nobody believing him, But this time this flood will make even a 0.5 BTC holder wealthy beyond his wildest dreams.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
The problem is that the biggest interest in bitcoin was at the moment of its growth to 20k, and after that decline, people are usually disappointed and give up btc, it is different when you start holding btc at a low price and see growth, then you are confident in btc and you have confidence in him.
In 2020 and in the years to come, btc should be viewed with optimism, in the hope of a better price, and less price variations, to attract many suppliers and consumers.

A lot of people lost money buying at the top. If we ever get back to about $20,000, we shall see these people cash out with relief, so it might be hard to push past that point.

Bitcoin has had a helluva ride, but the past is not a guide to future performance. The only way the next decade will be as good is if there is continued work to build the ecosystem around bitcoin.
Activity: 2674
Merit: 713
Nothing lasts forever
It is indeed quite amazing to see bitcoin's rally despite all the negative events happened with bitcoin. Although bitcoin spiked up to an extraordinary gain in price, it did fall back and I believe it had to since an asset should not be going in one direction for a long time. The longer it goes in one direction, the strong will be the reversal in it's price. Despite the hard fall in price, bitcoin still is standing strong at $7k price level.
If we ignore the negative events and just look at how much growth bitcoin has had in the past decade then we can observe that how well it has grown as compared to any other asset.
I can't wait to find out how well bitcoin does in the next decade.
Activity: 252
Merit: 40
The problem is that the biggest interest in bitcoin was at the moment of its growth to 20k, and after that decline, people are usually disappointed and give up btc, it is different when you start holding btc at a low price and see growth, then you are confident in btc and you have confidence in him.
In 2020 and in the years to come, btc should be viewed with optimism, in the hope of a better price, and less price variations, to attract many suppliers and consumers.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
On the economic side of things, bitcoin posted the highest value appreciation of any known asset existing in just a span of 10 years. It outperformed assets existing for a long time, most notable example which is gold. Though bitcoin has seen the harshest drops in price for an asset, we can't argue the fact that it still gave the craziest ride out there.

On the fundamental side of things, bitcoin saw little developments that effectively divided the community, though proved that the thinking and sensible ones stay true to the ethos of the original bitcoin and those who wish to monetize their "vision" of true bitcoin ended up being scammy as ever and promoting questionable services and activities.

Nevertheless this decade brought forth amazing things for bitcoin and its community. We're still on the right track, and I hope for us to stay on it for years to come.
Activity: 532
Merit: 41
https://emirex.com

Despite some people looking at the current price of Bitcoin as something undesirable (maybe they entered when BTC was ARH at almost $20K), if we look at it on its historical movement we can see that BTC is actually performing so well, especially in comparison with other investment vehicles like stocks, gold or commodities. In 2020, let us look at Bitcoin they way it should be, a very good digital asset which future is really looking so bright.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
At the start of 2019, we are ~$4000 and ended up ~$7200 so still, year-to-year BTC is still profitable, despite the many issues like hacks, FUD's that really affected the price.

The first 10 years was like a big challenge, we can even compare it to a infant growing ten years of age, lots of challenges, new faces in the market. But is it part of the growing pains, no one really thought that it will grow this big and it will attract millions of people globally. So I have no doubt that in the next 10 years, it will undergo a lot of developments and will become larger overtime.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 260
1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL
The returns on bitcoin investment is what drive many crypto investors into investing into it. Many investors have gained fortunes by just investing into bitcoin or making crypto day trading. Sadly most newbies get into bitcoin with these reasons and if they get rekt with their trading plans they turn to think that investing into bitcoin is bad or not fruitful. Earning from bitcoin investment comes with patience people so get some Smiley
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Well there are doubts. And i don't want to base the next 10 years from what happened to btc the past decade. A whole lot of things have changed now. But i'm optimistic about blockchain. The next 10 years could very well see the integration of blockchain into more mainstream transactions. Who knows, perhaps that will be a catalyst in shooting bitcoin back to the moon.
legendary
yes of course the dynamics have changed in the last number of years
compared to the early years of Bitcoin. More people are involved and
hundreds and thousands of support technologies have mushroomed
around Bitcoin and Blockchain but for Bitcoin nothing is guaranteed.

We can only stay positive and believe that the key players in the space
remain positive and that development and adoption continue.

My thinking is that if Bitcoin next year is anywhere above $7,100, im happy!
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
Definitely an impressive figure that actually shows how much Bitcoin has managed to achieve in value in the first ten years of its existence. Although few people are involved in the project at the very beginning of its existence, today there are millions of us who have recognized the idea and potential of Bitcoin.

Although the first 10 years have been quite successful despite all the bad things that have happened, the optimists hope that the next 10 years will be even better. But there are also those who warn that Bitcoin does not necessarily have to follow its usual patterns and that the price will not so easily reach some magic figures which many hope.

Yet I believe that Bitcoin is on the right track in spite of all possible obstacles that are on the way and that those most critical moments have passed. In any case, it would be nice to experience 2030 and comment again on the same topic Wink
legendary
an interesting fact that in investing terms it has been outperformed every
other asset class over its 10 year existence.

Thats a 295,999,900% ROI(!) as of Dec 2019

Source: https://www.ccn.com/3-best-performing-securities-by-asset-class-decade/

on a personal note Bitcoin has risen from just over $1,000 when I first got
involved to just over $7,000 as I write this, if anyone had told me in 2017 that
they would give me $7,000 3 years later for a $1,000 stake I would have at
least doubled my input.

Lets all consider the next 10 years!

Despite all the negative events, adversaries and attempts to kill or stifle Bitcoins growth
it still marches on.

Some key negative events:

2010 Bitcoin is hacked

2011 Satoshi Nakamoto ceases communications
          First ALT coins are created as competition to Bitcoin
          Bitcoin used on the Dark Web

2013 First Bitcoin fork
          Some countries move to ban Bitcoin usage

2014 Mt Gox ends

2015 Further competition emerges from mote ALT Coins

2017 Bitcoin Cash hard fork

2018 Bitcoin Crash