Author

Topic: 2012-04-20 themonetaryfuture Bitcoin and the State: Asking Permission to Be Free (Read 1828 times)

Activity: 731
Merit: 503
Libertas a calumnia
Thanks for posting, 'World'
Thank you, Jon, for your great job doing what you do :-)
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
I agree with the spirit of this 100% and the predictions of this 90%. I actually do think that Bitcoin should be highly regulated in the nations that choose to do so, and tools should be developed to do so. There is really only so much the State can do anyway. Sure they can take away some privacy, but at least they can't take away the value of holdings by inflation. The State will have much less power when they are unable to just print money to do whatever they want and put the nation in debt.

Bitcoin is a tool and business for heroes. It is an unprecedented and unique invention, that straddles the abundance world of digital information and the world of scarce physical money. Bitcoin has the potential to transform the world. The people who involve themselves with it at any level are the forward thinkers, the brave and the innovative. They are the true entrepreneurs and pioneers, the risk takers and leaders. They are the sorts of people who make the world a better place to live in. I support them and their efforts.

I couldn't have said this better myself.
Activity: 303
Merit: 250
Ha, ... this article violates nearly every one of the recommendations:

Don't say
Bitcoin is a way to topple or restrict the power of governments.
Bitcoin is impossible to regulate or control.
- http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Public_relations

Good job, irdial!

+1  I guess the article should be entitled "Asking Permission From the Bitcoin PR Wiki"

Thanks for posting, 'World'
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
Ha, ... this article violates nearly every one of the recommendations:

Don't say
Bitcoin is a way to topple or restrict the power of governments.
Bitcoin is impossible to regulate or control.
- http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Public_relations

Good job, irdial!
Jump to: