Author

Topic: 2012-05-02 Bitcoin Media: Patronage, Bitcoin and Scientific Music: My Story (Read 1657 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Carl's one of the best.  Not more than two months ago I was feeling a little depressed that our generation doesn't have inspiring figures quite the same caliber as Carl Sagan.  (Neil DeGrasse Tyson is doing a damn good job, though.)

I always thought that just at the point of death, I would want to be shown what life, the universe, and everything was "all about."  I think Carl Sagan's Cosmos is the closest thing humanly possible to quenching that desire.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
Been a big fan of SoS and Gregory Brothers stylings for a long time. If folks like this get the word out about Bitcoin for music and videos, it will carry the message deep. Now, we need a cool money song about banksters that introduces Bitcoin. It needs to be autotuned and arranged to a metal riff.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072
http://bitcoinmedia.com/patronage-bitcoin-and-scientific-music-my-story/

You all did such a great job donating to Rap News. Please support this guy! He is so amazing and I'm glad to have him as part of this community.

You read on the internet about older engineers who say that James Doohan playing Scotty in Star Trek inspired them to their profession, or others saying that the inspiring Carl Sagan and his poetic love of science, inspired them to become physicists.

It is because of Symphony of Science, that my sister became interested space and now studies astrophysics. She infected me with Carl Sagan, and rekindled a long held passion I held many years ago for science and introduced me to space - something I never really appreciated before in my life.

I never appreciate music either - until I heard Symphony of Science. I realised then that I'd been listening to the wrong music my whole life. This music speaks to me. Think of all the people these videos are inspiring into scientific professions or just plain more logical, rational and appreciative of our world thinking. This is a huge good for society.
Jump to: