Author

Topic: 2012-05-02 The First Issue of Bitcoin Magazine Goes To Print (Read 2537 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I think its a prank

Quote from: BitCoinMagazine
Bittalk Media is Pleased to Announce Release of the Very First Issue of Bitcoin Magazine. : http://t.co/fXedxWSK #bitcoin

If it is a prank and they put this on they own website it would amount to misleading subscribers and possible legal problems.

Yeah, just like news websites are posting 'according to Anonymous, over 9000 people participated in the DDoS attacks' all the time without even realizing the joke.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
P.S.: If you read this, dont cancel my subscription!
legendary
I AM an international subscriber (--> Germany) and didnt receive anything yet. If I remember correctly, they are based in the UK. Royal Mail deliveries usually cross the channel quite quickly (received 3 parcels from the UK before, delay: ~3 days).
So: where are my phantasy copies right now?

Right, buried under a vast pile of shit, inside the insane mind of Mathew N. Trollwright.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
They sent International issues first to compensate for the shipping delay. US issues were sent out a couple days ago, I believe. So... they should arrive very soon.
Why the delay? Why not bring them to the post office all at once?
It takes longer to send them out from US to NZ or wherever than domestically, so they sent the first ones printed out to international subscribers. They weren't all instantaneously printed in one day, so the later batches were sent later to US subscribers a couple days ago. I'm not involved, though, so don't know anything beyond that.
I see.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I would get a copy but I don't buy physical magazines anymore.  I am sure there will be a digital edition.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
They sent International issues first to compensate for the shipping delay. US issues were sent out a couple days ago, I believe. So... they should arrive very soon.
It takes longer to send them out from US to NZ or wherever than domestically, so they sent the first ones printed out to international subscribers. They weren't all instantaneously printed in one day, so the later batches were sent later to US subscribers a couple days ago. I'm not involved, though, so don't know anything beyond that.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
Quote from: bitcoinmagazine.net press release
US subscribers should receive their first copy of Bitcoin Magazine by 16th of May 2012. Delivery time may vary for international subscribers.

I better be seeing it in 2 days...

"US subscribers should receive their first copy of Bitcoin Magazine by the 16th of May 2012"

So did anyone get theirs yet?
legendary
US subscribers should receive their first copy of Bitcoin Magazine by 16th of May 2012. Delivery time may vary for international subscribers.

"US subscribers should receive their first copy of Bitcoin Magazine by the 16th of May 2012"

nope
Activity: 456
Merit: 250

donator
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010
Parental Advisory Explicit Content
Just subscribed  Grin
3 issues, cant wait.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
I think its a prank

Bittalk Media is Pleased to Announce Release of the Very First Issue of Bitcoin Magazine. : http://t.co/fXedxWSK #bitcoin

If it is a prank and they put this on they own website it would amount to misleading subscribers and possible legal problems.

Lol, I don't doubt (ok I doubt it a little) that it is finally ready, but if saying it will be ready when it isn't could cause legal problems they'd already have plenty.
http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/691024

It is basicaly a rephased announcment. I added it here just to log that the news are spreading around.
I think its a prank

legendary
I think its a prank
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
The First Issue of Bitcoin Magazine Goes To Print

Chesterfield, Derbyshire, UK (PRWEB) May 02, 2012

BitTalk Media sends to print the very first issue of Bitcoin Magazine, magazine dedicated to providing a neutral and balanced presentation of the Bitcoin world and beyond it, echoing the voice of Bitcoin, other crypto-currencies and peer to peer technology enthusiasts worldwide. Bitcoin Magazine is an industry standard 64 page glossy magazine, with an initial 5,000 issue run.
[...]

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/5/prweb9463303.htm
Jump to: