Author

Topic: 2012-05-03 dailydot.com Bitcoin strippers tell all (Read 1914 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
Did not do their research:
The guys who go arrive with a pocketful of Bitcoin, an online currency that's beloved in bad places because the cops can't trace it. You can buy yourself a shiny gun or some dope and leave no sign of a paper trail. You're anonymous, which is how everyone—all 700 r/girlsgonebitcoin subscribers—likes it.

Bitcoin’s exchange rate with the U.S. dollar works out to roughly one coin per $5, but it’s not exactly that simple. Since it’s an online currency, you can’t use it to buy anything in the real world, which negates the function of most stripping: to make quick, spendable money.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Bitcoin strippers tell all

Chase Hoffberger
2012-05-03

http://www.dailydot.com/society/girls-gone-bitcoin-strippers-interview/

She's one of many r/girlsgonebitcoin girls who also post pictures on non-bitcoin subreddits.

"I really don't do this for the money," she wrote. "It would be a very inefficient and slow going way of earning any significant amount."

"That's one element that many people don't know, that we actually tip each other," she wrote. "I follow what a few other girls are doing, and at least in my experiences, I haven't seen any competition. There's a lot of community support considering how new the subreddit is."
Jump to: