Author

Topic: 2012-05-18 Bitcoin's Hogwarts: San Francisco Tech Space "20Mission" to Open (Read 1091 times)

legendary
Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000
Whatever happened to this?

20Mission is alive and thriving. I was in SF about a month ago with a commercial real estate appraiser and we actually stayed and 20 Mission and took Jered to lunch to discuss it. I think he has a pretty good shot at making some good money with it. And it is a lot of fun with a lot of entrepreneurial activity.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
I heard bits and pieces of these events, but did not tie them together. I find it a shame that the project folded and nobody rescued it. Bitcoin needs a second wind with some new blood and ideas. A think tank like 20Mission would be a powerful opportunity for Bitcoin minded people.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
What happened?

Dwolla stole TradeHill's money and tried to justify it by retroactively changing their TOS to allow chargebacks.

It's been rehashed around here several times.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
Jonathan seems to have ran with people's money, and he's not likely to show his face any time soon.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
Whatever happened to this?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Bitcoin's Hogwarts: San Francisco Tech Space "20Mission" to Open in August
May 18, 2012

Jared Kenna, formerly of TradeHill, and Jonathan Ryan Owens of RingCoin have teamed up to launch 20Mission, a huge 41-room tech space project in the heart of San Francisco.

The goal is to open 20Mission to tenants on the 1st of August. Finding tenants will apparently not be a problem, as the reservation list has grown quite long, with prospective tenants even stopping Jared on the street to get in on the action.
[...]

http://www.thebitcointrader.com/2012/05/bitcoins-hogwarts-san-francisco-tech.html
Jump to: