Author

Topic: 2012-05-18 uscyberlabs.com: bitCoin Mining Scam (Read 1283 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
What the * is this sh!t?
Looks like HF kiddie trash. And it definitely is.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
bitCoin Mining Scam
May 18, 2012 by gatomalo

gAtO fOuNd -this in the (.onion network site) BlackMarket Reload (while looking into bitCoin mining. bitCoin mining is something that people are getting into and using customize scripts to use zombie computers to generate bitCoins. Using Trojan-Downloader.win32.Agent.bmzd as a starting point it is modified to give it’s own unique hash file whoch will sometimes be overlooked by virus scans.

Then the author will insert 2 miners for him and give you the rest. At least that’s what this ad tells us. Here is a clue what a scan is it say’s it does not draw CPU power and of course if you know anything about Mining bitCoins that’s how it hashes bitCoins. So I would think that it would slow down a windows machine quite a bit. Since it modeled as a legit bitCoin Miner they tell us it’s 100% undetectable, I question that part. I also see that they are using DeepBit guild instead of the BTC guild, BTC guild will give you a little higher hashes and faster.
[...]

http://uscyberlabs.com/blog/2012/05/18/bitcoin-mining-scam/

This article discusses the obvious: people who do not want to pay for computing resources trick others to use their. However, it shows a trend that bitcoins are becoming "worth" a sin for more and more people.
Jump to: