Author

Topic: 2012-06-01 Berlin Restaurant Experiments With Virtual Currency (Read 1292 times)

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
wow, that "news" was obviously recycle from over a year ago.

this reminds me, still havent been there Wink
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
Yeah, noticed i was totally wrong and edited.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
Was going to call you a cheapskate. lol

You changed your mind in the meantime Grin
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
Was that article written in German and translated to english using Google Translator, or...?
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
From the photo:

At Room 77, this cheeseburger will cost you 2 Bitcoin. That's about four Euro or five dollars.

but then later in the article:

"A Bitcoin- the exchange rate is actually four Euro or five dollars for one Bitcoin, so a cheeseburger would be two Bitcoin here."

TL;DR: math is hard.

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
Mmmm, I could really go for a 2bit burger.

Someone still thinks bitcoin is a scam, how cute.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Berlin Restaurant Experiments With Virtual Currency

[...]
Room 77 is mainly furnished with well-used sofas, vintage chairs and tables, but the restaurant does show some signs of the digital age.

"We accept Bitcoin" reads a paper note at the bar.

"We do call it currency. It's a digital currency. It's the first digital and global currency, and it's the first decentralized currency, meaning that you do not need any banks, bank accounts, or Mastercard to use it," Platzer says

Room 77 is the only restaurant in Germany that accepts the virtual currency.

Bitcoin is also the name of the open source software developed for the currency. It was created in 2009 by Satoshi Nakamoto.

"I would think there is actually a group of people behind the synonym. The idea is very powerful and mighty. The software is also very brilliant. So it's very unlikely that just one person threw it all together."[...]

http://www.npr.org/2012/06/01/154140277/berlin-restaurant-experiments-with-virtual-currency?ft=1&f=104686340

A review of a restaurant, which contain some quotes from owner.
Jump to: