Author

Topic: 2012-07-24 v3im.com - Interested in Mobile Payments: Bitcoin Is Cash at a Distan (Read 951 times)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10
The article was easy to read and understand, and that didn't include any glaring mistakes or outright lies about how bitcoin functions like so many other articles I have read.  Nice.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
That was a fabulous article. Very good at breaking it down into laymen terms.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Interested in Mobile Payments: Bitcoin Is Cash at a Distance

Joe Cascio
2012-07-24

http://www.v3im.com/2012/07/interested-in-mobile-payments-bitcoin-is-cash-at-a-distance

The big difference between Bitcoin and hard cash–I can hand you that Bitcoin over the Internet, including across international boundaries. Think of it as “cash at a distance.”
Second, the Bitcoin network is decentralized and distributed. There’s no central authority or server. So, any bitcoins you own can’t be confiscated, frozen or garnished by any government or banking agency because there’s no one single place to go to do it. As long as you have Internet access, your bitcoins are yours to do with as you like. Sort of like cash under your virtual mattress!

I’ve got your attention now, don’t I?

So v3im seems to be some sort of marketing agency - which does nebulous things like 'creation of buzz'..  but this piece seems to be getting a bit of twitter traction, and if the recent '7 reasons to be wary' hit piece can get syndication.. then for balance I'd like to see this piece get a bit of loving Smiley
(I had nothing to do with this v3im piece though - just noting it here)

Jump to: