Author

Topic: 2012-08-15 TheVerge.com The Bernie Madoffs of Bitcoin? [Adrianne Jeffries] (Read 2262 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
+1, very well researched article.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
It's probably multi-sig as that's been sought after a while and quite a big deal overall.
And it fits roughly time wise with when it may make it into a public release.

I thought that article was quite good.
At least I didn't feel I had to roll my eyes at idiotic and presumptuous statements.
But as long as it's not a change in the bitcoin protocole, I'm good Cheesy
According to the author, Gavin said:

"The Bitcoin Project will be making a major announcement in September that should contribute some stability, [Gavin] said. Still, he predicted things will continue to be exciting in the world of Bitcoin with "continued controversy and chaos.""

WTF? If Gavin will do an announcement then this will not be in the name of Bitcoin as he does not own Bitcoin to any extent. Since when does Gavin fuel speculation? Do you guys know anything about this? @Gavin maybe?
As I read this, Gavin has some personal venture going on that he considers having a huge impact? Or is this just the introduction of multi-sig? If so, why not say it? Grrr...

I am very very intrigued by this as well.

Anyone has more info on this?
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com

"The Bitcoin Project will be making a major announcement in September that should contribute some stability, [Gavin] said. Still, he predicted things will continue to be exciting in the world of Bitcoin with "continued controversy and chaos.""

WTF? If Gavin will do an announcement then this will not be in the name of Bitcoin as he does not own Bitcoin to any extent. Since when does Gavin fuel speculation? Do you guys know anything about this? @Gavin maybe?
As I read this, Gavin has some personal venture going on that he considers having a huge impact? Or is this just the introduction of multi-sig? If so, why not say it? Grrr...

legendary
Activity: 1050
The Bernie Madoffs of Bitcoin? As virtual trading heats up, promises of profits skyrocket

- http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/15/3243200/bitcoin-ponzi-schemes-savings-and-trust

"I think any 'investment' that promises low-risk high-interest returns is almost certainly a scam. My general advice would be to avoid investing in anything that you don't understand," Mr. Andresen told The Verge in an email. "That includes Bitcoin!

Since when is bitcoin low-risk high-profit?

That particular line isn't talking specifically about Bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001
The Bernie Madoffs of Bitcoin? As virtual trading heats up, promises of profits skyrocket

- http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/15/3243200/bitcoin-ponzi-schemes-savings-and-trust

"I think any 'investment' that promises low-risk high-interest returns is almost certainly a scam. My general advice would be to avoid investing in anything that you don't understand," Mr. Andresen told The Verge in an email. "That includes Bitcoin!

Since when is bitcoin low-risk high-profit?

But what's this all about?

The Bitcoin Project will be making a major announcement in September that should contribute some stability, he said. Still, he predicted things will continue to be exciting in the world of Bitcoin with "continued controversy and chaos."

Sometimes i just write random shit too.
Nothing that the 'project' can do can offer stability, that would mean it's not really a free market then i guess.
legendary
Activity: 1050
This is a much more thought out article than their previous one not so long ago about SR or Bitcoinica.
Good read
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

But what's this all about?

The Bitcoin Project will be making a major announcement in September that should contribute some stability, he said. Still, he predicted things will continue to be exciting in the world of Bitcoin with "continued controversy and chaos."
Jump to: