Author

Topic: 2012-10-16 InfinitiPoker’s Plan to Shake Up Online Poker (Read 1531 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
I've been thinking about getting into online poker for a while.

I have some buttons with Seals with Clubs ads on them.  Perhaps I'll try this site, too.

I was curious what a "free roll" is.  Obv free sounds good, but just wasn't sure what a free roll gets you.

Freeroll means no entry fee at all, and there are real bitcoin prizes. The hourly freeroll has one prize of 0.05BTC for the winner. The largest weekly freeroll is the Wednesday donkdown that pays 5BTC, usually split into 17 prizes.

It's a great way to try out our software and for some people a great way to get their first bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
I've been thinking about getting into online poker for a while.

I have some buttons with Seals with Clubs ads on them.  Perhaps I'll try this site, too.

I was curious what a "free roll" is.  Obv free sounds good, but just wasn't sure what a free roll gets you.
legendary
Strength in numbers
I'm in! Seriously!

~Bruno~

Are you playing at Seals? There are freerolls all the time and I'll ship some chips for the legend with the bar in his head.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
I'm in! Seriously!

~Bruno~
legendary
Strength in numbers
while every other US site is taking 2+ weeks

Is it true? thanks.

I don't 100% know, but everything I've heard for the last year is that 4 weeks is fast for them.
donator
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
while every other US site is taking 2+ weeks

Is it true? thanks.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
I meant that this is the first real money site that takes bitcoins and US players, which is the important part. Taking bitcoins obv won't make the site huge, but they will show the bigger sites that bitcoins are a legit way of processing payments for online gambling. It could lead to either the other sites realizing how useful bitcoins are or players realizing how useful they are and demanding that other sites start taking them. If this site can be cashing out people in 30 mins to bitcoin while every other US site is taking 2+ weeks, people will notice and learn about bitcoin quickly.
donator
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

Switch poker takes EUR and BTC. Accepting bitcoin is smart, but it doesn't automatically make a site huge.

I think it's a matter of time that huge sites start to accept bitcoin. One of the reasons they start to accept is small competitors are accepting.
legendary
Strength in numbers
Taking bitcoins only for US players but standard methods for the rest of the world is huge. It basically ensures that us players dont have their money stolen from the govt on the way to the poker site like full tilt. This is the first gambling site that takes standard money and bitcoin, which gives it great potential for getting a bunch of new people into bitcoin. There is also the fact that they're going to be able to cashout US player in bitcoins in a few hours, while every other site taking US players is taking 2+ weeks to send a check that might bounce. The potential for bitcoin in online gambling in the us is insane. Every bitcoin gambling site should be pretty happy right now knowing that in the next few months there could be a bunch of new bitcoin users who are gamblers showing up.

Switch poker takes EUR and BTC. Accepting bitcoin is smart, but it doesn't automatically make a site huge.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Taking bitcoins only for US players but standard methods for the rest of the world is huge. It basically ensures that us players dont have their money stolen from the govt on the way to the poker site like full tilt. This is the first gambling site that takes standard money and bitcoin, which gives it great potential for getting a bunch of new people into bitcoin. There is also the fact that they're going to be able to cashout US player in bitcoins in a few hours, while every other site taking US players is taking 2+ weeks to send a check that might bounce. The potential for bitcoin in online gambling in the us is insane. Every bitcoin gambling site should be pretty happy right now knowing that in the next few months there could be a bunch of new bitcoin users who are gamblers showing up.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Came here to post this, exciting news!

+1

Hope the squashed US poker market finally tastes the sweetness of bitcoin gambling Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1304
Bitcoins, Social Responsibility and “Infinivision”: InfinitiPoker’s Plan to Shake Up Online Poker

http://pokerfuse.com/features/in-depth/bitcoins-social-responsibility-infinivision-infinitipoker-plan-online-poker-16-10/

Infiniti Poker, currently in beta testing, plans to go fully live at the end of the month.

In the course of a long conversation I had with Michael Hajduk, InfinitiPoker CEO and self-described “entrepreneur and visionary,” he maps out his plans for Infiniti and why he believes he will create “the new paradigm of online gaming” and a platform “more exciting than PokerStars.”
Jump to: