Author

Topic: 2012-11-19 Brighton Argus - Getting drugs posted through your door (Read 1140 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076
It's amazing to see how little they worry about giving Silk Road a lot of publicity with those articles   Cheesy

« More and more people I know in Brighton are now coming onto Silk Road to order their stuff. It’s just so much easier and I know the quality of the stuff I order isn’t going to be compromised. »

Awesome.   It's funny that nerds and clubbers are the most likely kinds of bitcoin users.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
"bizarre community"?  Huh Huh

Yeah, how did they find out Huh
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
"bizarre community"?  Huh Huh
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
Always nice to see them amplifying the "danger" side of things, despite quotes like this further down the piece:

He said the drugs sold tended to be older drugs such as cannabis, which he was surprised to find was the most common product.

"Bitcoin: Helping you buy what you always bought anyway."
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Thanks for reporting.

My local rag also just did a story on the Silk Road.. but without mentioning Bitcoin.

Dangerous new drugs sold on web 'silk road'
2012-11-19
http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sci-tech/dangerous-new-drugs-sold-on-web-silk-road-20121118-29k71.html
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
Awesome, Bitcoins just made the front page of my local rag. Apologies if this doesn't fit the Press section, most of the coverage is Silk Road rather than Bitcoins, but I was too excited to see it there...

Special delivery: Getting drugs posted through your door

Ben Leo
2012-11-19

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10056853.Special_delivery__Getting_drugs_posted_through_your_door/

Brighton clubber Sam, 24, not his real name, excitedly showed our reporter around the bizarre community of drug buyers and sellers who frequent the website.

The rest is pretty much as you'd imagine from a good, family-oriented local paper.
Jump to: