Author

Topic: 2013-02-06 NPR Virginia Proposes Alternate Currency (Read 1193 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 506
I think they don't want something like bitcoin, they want something wich can be printed at will
It was not covered in the interview but not according to the Forbes piece.  There he appears to be talking about a new currency with a gold standard!
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
I think they don't want something like bitcoin, they want something wich can be printed at will

You're probably right. I'd much rather Iceland adopted Bitcoin as its currency anyway  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
Activity: 784
Merit: 506
There's a more in-depth covering of this story in Forbes
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
Politicians will never understand Bitcoin. We few on this forum are the only nation that understands and will survive the currency war. Let the states join the race to the bottom. Let the goldbugs fear the metal detector toting highwaymen. Let the wall street and fifth avenue wizards lose their tongues to hft. Bitcoin doesn't lie, cheat, or steal.

Virginia would be smart to build an ASIC mining rig and purchase Bitcoin before some other commonwealth drives up the price, but they won't because unlike the founding fathers in America, politicians have no vision.

+1

It's the difference between politics and statesmanship
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
Politicians will never understand Bitcoin. We few on this forum are the only nation that understands and will survive the currency war. Let the states join the race to the bottom. Let the goldbugs fear the metal detector toting highwaymen. Let the wall street and fifth avenue wizards lose their tongues to hft. Bitcoin doesn't lie, cheat, or steal.

Virginia would be smart to build an ASIC mining rig and purchase Bitcoin before some other commonwealth drives up the price, but they won't because unlike the founding fathers in America, politicians have no vision.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
I shot Robert Marshall an email about bitcoin last night after hearing this.  It has all of the features they want and more.  If others do that, maybe they'll consider it.

I did too.  Got a response the email had been forwarded to Marshal for consideration.  We'll see.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Manateeeeeeees
I shot Robert Marshall an email about bitcoin last night after hearing this.  It has all of the features they want and more.  If others do that, maybe they'll consider it.
Jump to: