Author

Topic: 2013-02-13 Youtube -- comparison between Bitcoins and Unusual Hats (Read 1025 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
While I was listening to this guy claim we wouldn't be buying meals and hats for bitcoin any time soon I was wearing a hat bought with bitcoin and I ate a bitcoin bought pizza that night.

Living the dream right there Grin
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
Well, i must say that TF2 hats are scarse, while US dollars are printed at will, billions and billions every day. Gabe is better at economy than the fed  Cheesy
You exaggerate.  Just under 3 billion per day (average.)

The dollar is getting debased by the issuance of debt-instruments at the rate of $85 Billion a month. I'm sure that will "end well" when the firehose gets turned off.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1016
Strength in numbers
While I was listening to this guy claim we wouldn't be buying meals and hats for bitcoin any time soon I was wearing a hat bought with bitcoin and I ate a bitcoin bought pizza that night.

Activity: 374
Merit: 250
Tune in to Neocash Radio
Well, i must say that TF2 hats are scarse, while US dollars are printed at will, billions and billions every day. Gabe is better at economy than the fed  Cheesy
You exaggerate.  Just under 3 billion per day (average.)
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
Activity: 292
Merit: 250
Unfortunately he makes the "bitcoins don't have intrinsic value and gold does" argument. I think that the features of Bitcoin do lend some intrinsic value, not to mention that generation requires "labor".

Also, this video has convinced me that Satoshi could be Gabe Newell  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
For the bulls read the comments.
Jump to: