Author

Topic: 2013-02-24 Slashdot.com - World's First Bitcoin ATM (Read 776 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Don't worry I go into details later in my bear post of the day at /speculation
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
In cryptography we trust
This guy is going to laugh his ass off when the most promising technology since the invention of the internet, with a chance to liberate humanity from an infected monetary system, would collapse.

note to self - debunk the "bitcoin is a technology" myth.

Please do?  Do you mean it is a way of life   Cheesy

It's a proof of concept not the technology itself. That's a subtle but important difference.

I get your point of view. My current view is that the concept has already prooved itself.

It started as a proof of concept, but I hesitate to still call it that, after 4 years, $350M+ market cap, no major hick-ups, Bitcoin is now "too big to fail". Of course I know realistically it can still fail at any time and be replaced with something different. But that will always be the case.

When would you agree we are on to the next phase? When the Satoshi client goes out of beta? Government acceptance? Another crypto-currency?
legendary
This guy is going to laugh his ass off when the most promising technology since the invention of the internet, with a chance to liberate humanity from an infected monetary system, would collapse.

Please do?  Do you mean it is a way of life   Cheesy

It's a proof of concept not the technology itself. That's a subtle but important difference.
In cryptography we trust

Please do?  Do you mean it is a way of life   Cheesy
legendary
I always like to read /. post on BTC, they are like a full on reverb artificial echo chamber.

In cryptography we trust

But even if you don't see it that way, I guess envy goes a long way.

"But, BTC is more or less indistinguishable from a Ponzi scheme. The early adopters get massive amounts of BTC for basically nothing and later adopters are the ones that pump up the price. It may not technically be a Ponzi scheme, but that would only be by technicality. It's still early investors being paid by later investors and ultimately nothing is produced to justify anybody profiting.

I'm going to laugh my ass off when BTC ultimately does collapse."

Sad really.

To be fair, I now hope he is the first one to get wiped out when the USD ponzi scheme collapses.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
I couldn't find a link to buy one... I think I'd be interested.

Try to get one in my local bar, haha.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
http://linux.slashdot.org/story/13/02/24/2142214/worlds-first-bitcoin-atm

Amazingly the comments are not as negative as some of the other Slashdot comments.
Jump to: