Author

Topic: 2013-04-19 - Bitcoin Faces More Problems World's Biggest Bitcoin Exchange Hacked (Read 1456 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
It doesn't go from "person to blockchain" either because it never "leaves" the blockchain in the first place.

Different people own bitcoins and it is easy to transfer from one user to another. Thus, "person to person." Maybe from a technical perspective not quite right, but from a practical standpoint, it is.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Magic Staff
Not only the journalists know little to nothing about Bitcoin many times, spreading misinformation but also Bitcoin supporters themselves may know very little about it. This is not uncommon.

Like I don't think all Bitcoin supporters understand exactly what a block is and all its functions or how exactly BTC are transferred form person to person, or should I say from person to blockchain? The good thing though is that if they want to learn they have the possibility and I and many more are willing to help.

I mean even our videos promoting Bitcoin say "person to person". Is it then strange that people then may believe it really is from person to person and not from person to blockchain?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I have never realized exactly how awful some journalists are until I met Bitcoin. My god.

Haha, and that's because you actually have a clue about bitcoin. Now, just imagine the reporting on all the things you don't have a clue about..
Activity: 321
Merit: 250
Bitbuy.nl!
I have never realized exactly how awful some journalists are until I met Bitcoin. My god.

I'm going to use this, but then a little bit different:
"I have never realized exactly how awful some journalists and economists are until I met Bitcoin. My god."
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

I used to think I understood, but man, +1.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
newspapers now hire 5 year olds to write articles
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
just remember there's a vested interest going on here.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
bitcoin - the aerogel of money
It's okay though, because...
At the time of writing, the problem seems to have been resolved and the page is up and writing.

Mt. Gox is in the writing business now? That must be where all these incompetently-written articles are coming from. Cheesy

Perhaps they meant to say painting.
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3041
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
It's okay though, because...
At the time of writing, the problem seems to have been resolved and the page is up and writing.

Mt. Gox is in the writing business now? That must be where all these incompetently-written articles are coming from. Cheesy
Jump to: