Author

Topic: 2013-04-22 Zerohedge: BitCoin Or BetaCoin? What Venture Capitalists Are Thinking (Read 1300 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091
This is the best article about Bitcoin I have seen.

A good one, agreed.

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
This is the best article about Bitcoin I have seen.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
A notable quote:
My humble recommendation to venture capitalists to avoid further regulation or an outright ban is to quickly convince global charities to use the bitcoin system for both donations and money transfers.  It is, after all, ideally suited to the purpose of taking in money in rich countries and efficiently moving it abroad to places with limited financial infrastructure.  According the National Philanthropic Trust, individual Americans gave $218 billion in 2011, the most recent information available, and there are over one million charitable groups operating in the U.S.  Presumably they all have bank accounts to process payments and would like a more efficient way to distribute funds.

Absolutely great advice.
Activity: 731
Merit: 503
Libertas a calumnia
A notable quote:
My humble recommendation to venture capitalists to avoid further regulation or an outright ban is to quickly convince global charities to use the bitcoin system for both donations and money transfers.  It is, after all, ideally suited to the purpose of taking in money in rich countries and efficiently moving it abroad to places with limited financial infrastructure.  According the National Philanthropic Trust, individual Americans gave $218 billion in 2011, the most recent information available, and there are over one million charitable groups operating in the U.S.  Presumably they all have bank accounts to process payments and would like a more efficient way to distribute funds.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
100 satoshis -> ISO code
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-22/bitcoin-or-betacoin-what-venture-capitalists-are-thinking

Full title:
BitCoin, Or BetaCoin? What The Venture Capitalists Are Thinking

Another excellent article which shows the progress being made by Bitcoin towards mainstream finance.
Jump to: