Author

Topic: 2013-05-06 Fox Business: Buffet/Gates/Munger on Bitcoin: Rat Poison, Flakey (Read 4693 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348
Eadem mutata resurgo
Funny!

Munger said that Bitcoin was Rat Poison and Flakey. Munger was asked about Bitcoin: "Do you understand what they are trying to do with it?"  To which he replied "No."  

Um.  Ok.  Roll Eyes

Yes it is rat poison. FOR RAT BANKERS & POLITICIANS.

luv the graphic ... rat bastards!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006
Funny!

Munger said that Bitcoin was Rat Poison and Flakey. Munger was asked about Bitcoin: "Do you understand what they are trying to do with it?"  To which he replied "No."  

Um.  Ok.  Roll Eyes

Yes it is rat poison. FOR RAT BANKERS & POLITICIANS.

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019
Bitcoin kill rats, indeed.

I think that it is a very endearing quality to have.  Rat poison when you have a plague of rats can become quite valuable.

I lol'd!
+1
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
Sorry to be disrespectful to the "older crowd" but maybe it is his age?  I am not that young myself but I guess I am younger than I thought!   Grin

Bill Gate is an old man and he still respect it. That's because he's a technologist.
legendary
Activity: 1458

CNBC: Warren Buffett Tries to Explain 'Colorful Charlie' Munger

In a CNBC.com-only interview after a marathon question-and-answer session with shareholders, Becky Quick asks Warren Buffett to comment on some of Charlie Munger's best lines, including his opinion that letting Greece into the European Union was a stupid as using rat poison for whipping cream.

Y'all missed the reference. Tongue
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Bitcoin is physical
Bitcoin kills rats, indeed.

Someone has to make a sticker with this phrase.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
Funny!

Munger said that Bitcoin was Rat Poison and Flakey. Munger was asked about Bitcoin: "Do you understand what they are trying to do with it?"  To which he replied "No." 

Um.  Ok.  Roll Eyes

Sorry to be disrespectful to the "older crowd" but maybe it is his age?  I am not that young myself but I guess I am younger than I thought!   Grin

I ride the bus with an old fireman who repeated swears when we discuss bitcoin as he is disgusted the world all doesn't use cash.

At this point he's helping me more than hurting because everyone listening is seeing the errors of his ways.

I appreciate his opposition so that I can practice my arguements for bitcoin.  It's just unfortunate he hasn't come around yet.  I hope it doesn't delay his retirement plans too much past mine...
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
Wow, this isn't really bitcoin news... they have less than 30 seconds on bitcoin...

I suppose that time is very valuable for these three so meh.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
Bitcoin kill rats, indeed.

I think that it is a very endearing quality to have.  Rat poison when you have a plague of rats can become quite valuable.

I lol'd!
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348
Eadem mutata resurgo
Dinosaurs discussing the weather as incoming meteors flash across the sky.
legendary
Activity: 1458
Charlie Munger, on Bitcoin: "I think it's rat poison."

Bill Gates, on Bitcoin: "I think it's a technical tour de force."

Warren Buffett, on Bitcoin: "I think either Charlie or Bill is right."
Activity: 811
Merit: 1000
Web Developer
legendary
Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016
Live and Let Live

I think that it is a very endearing quality to have.  Rat poison when you have a plague of rats can become quite valuable.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Finding Satoshi
Maybe Bill Gates is Satoshi or is behind the group known as Satoshi?
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
legendary
Watch the soon-to-be-dethroned wealthy elite protect their turf

Soon-to-be-dethroned.  Grin  

Hey,  the Bible says "Pride comes before a fall" and "a haughty spirit before destruction" so it seems like it is only a matter of time.  
Activity: 931
Merit: 500
legendary
Funny!

Munger said that Bitcoin was Rat Poison and Flakey. Munger was asked about Bitcoin: "Do you understand what they are trying to do with it?"  To which he replied "No." 

Um.  Ok.  Roll Eyes

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Watch the soon-to-be-dethroned wealthy elite protect their turf during the first minute of video below.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2359385547001/mungerbuffett-disagree-on-corporate-tax-rates/?playlist_id=1034196606001
Jump to: