Author

Topic: 2013-05-09 Bloomberg TV top VC backs Coinbase (Read 977 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I don't see this as fair to the bitcoin community that they are supporting or basing their opinions on people who don't really understand or know much about bitcoins as you pointed out.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Done.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Hamstorg,
Not sure if you are aware, but you can edit the topic and fix the date format so it is correct.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
The date should have the format 2013-05-09 to match the other articles in the press section and to conform to the press section guidelines.

Only watched the first half, stopped once they got to the [they will have to issue more if it becomes popular].  Undecided  Bitcoin absolutely does not have a central authority and I am quite sure that there never will be one because it is that property that makes so many people interested in bitcoin as a long-term store of value.  To change this would cause bitcoin to cease to be bitcoin.
Sorry about the date, was unintentional!. I was more concerned about the fact these f****n idiots show up on tv and have absolutely no ideea what they are talking about, not to mention saying that bitcoin has centralized properties. BAD BAD BAD.
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
I didn't think it was that bad. Essentially when the scepticism is all about the fixed supply; we are just hearing a debate about the gold standard, which means bitcoin has come a long way. Note that none of them had the balls to even suggest that Fred Wilson might lose money here.

OP please can you change the thread title to start with "2013-05-09". This is so we can organise the information automatically. Thanks.
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
Holy sh*t the level of debate on "serious" channels is just dire.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
Date improperly formatted, sire.
http://www.bloomberg.com/video/top-vc-backs-bitcoin-startup-coinbase-Um7NhZuJRdq2emDa_0MoIQ.html

Notice how Bloomberg is taking interviews with "professionals" that have absolutely no ideea about Bitcoin.

"Now there are over 11 Million BTC's around, out there. And about 21 million more perhaps to be found"

Not to mention, that she claims that bitcoin has the ability to "issue" more when there is only a finite number.

What a fricking bunch of idiots.
Jump to: