Author

Topic: 2013-05-12 GigaOM: Bitcoin buzz stays high — even after bubble (Read 796 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
I'm glad that governments are beginning to realize bitcoins and see that as a good thing. I support governments adopting bitcoins and see that as a good thing.

Therefore...

... governments would see you as blind.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I'm glad that governments are beginning to realize bitcoins and see that as a good thing. I support governments adopting bitcoins and see that as a good thing.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
Bitcoin introduces some interesting game theory.

Which regulator wants to fail at regulating?

Chilton:  you go first.

Ben:  no, you go.

Chilton:  no, i said you.

Ben:  nvm  Roll Eyes

i like that Smiley
legendary
Chilton:  you go first.

Ben:  no, you go.

Chilton:  no, i said you.

Ben:  nvm  Roll Eyes
legendary
Re : Chilton

That is very interesting.

Bitcoin introduces some interesting game theory.

Which regulator wants to fail at regulating?
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
This is a positive development. It sounds a lot like the people at GigaOM sat down and said "We want to own the bitcoin news space". Perhaps they saw TechCrunch running away with the ball. Sponsored panel sessions, weekly news round-ups. All good signs.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
So a government agency has referred to Bitcoin as a currency then?

I would've expected more headlines out of that one - "US Government Agency - 'Bitcoin Currency Not To Be Regulated By CFTC'"
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Mostly old stuff, but a significant new quote clarifying (or more accurately, contradicting) a previous statement from one of our favourite people:

Only derivatives. We can regulate any Bitcoin future, option or swaps. I’ve not said we could regulate the actual currency–although for all I know some might have reported such. The currency could be regulated by Treasury or the Fed,” Chilton said in response to an email query.

http://gigaom.com/2013/05/12/bitcoin-buzz-stays-high-even-after-bubble/

Jump to: