Author

Topic: 2013-05-13 Policymic- Could Bitcoin Destroy Government Control of Currency? (Read 988 times)

Activity: 551
Merit: 501
"Mercadolibre, Ebay's affiliate in Latin America, has begun supporting Bitcoin transactions, which is no small thing considering the site has 49 million registered users."

Good stuff.

A good start but a long way to go. At present there are 118 products that can be bought on the site with BTC. I doubt that this is even 0.01%. Still,  it is a start and hopefully the number will grow. 
BTW I think it is already perfectly possible for vendors on ebay to accept bitcoins. And a few already do.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
You mean like this insightful gem?...

"Robin Goodfellow
    7 hours ago

You don't actually take bitcoin seriously, do you? Monopoly money is more legitimate."

My working rule is never to underestimate the opposition, but sometimes they make it hard.     Smiley

Exactly like that one; he didn't even bother listening to the article writer's comments, just continued to be a blind ignorant asshole.  Forget the puppy, I wanna kick him, instead.
legendary
Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013
Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952
A good piece.  Some of the comments make me wanna kick a puppy, though.

You mean like this insightful gem?...

"Robin Goodfellow
    7 hours ago

You don't actually take bitcoin seriously, do you? Monopoly money is more legitimate."

My working rule is never to underestimate the opposition, but sometimes they make it hard.     Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
A good piece.  Some of the comments make me wanna kick a puppy, though.
legendary
Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013
Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952
"Mercadolibre, Ebay's affiliate in Latin America, has begun supporting Bitcoin transactions, which is no small thing considering the site has 49 million registered users."

Good stuff.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
Good informative piece for the layman on the real issues at the root and bitcoin's potential role in the ongoing currency crises saga.

Well done Jeff Fong.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
just goes to show you how many countries are looking into Bitcoin.

the first country to pull the trigger could likely become the next powerhouse in finance and industry.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Probably nothing new in this article, but it is at least positive and points out what many of us already know:

http://www.policymic.com/articles/41349/bitcoin-price-2013-could-bitcoin-destroy-government-control-of-currency/529083
Jump to: