Author

Topic: 2013-05-21 Front page Danish free news paper Metro Express (SR) (Read 944 times)

Activity: 815
Merit: 1000
This is quite big. The amount of Bitcoin related news articles in Denmark have been on the low end to say the least! Even though it's through Silk Road that more Danes will get to know Bitcoin, I still believe it's a very good way. You get some bitcoins in order to purchase real goods, which gives a feeling of it having actual value, next thing you know you stray away from Silk Road being the main interest and focus a lot on Bitcoin as the concept Smiley Well, that's at least how things worked out for me Cheesy
Interest is not that big in Denmark I think because the banking system is quite fast, cheap and efficient here.

However Bitcoin has been mentioned in the national radio at least twice including on one of if not the largest popular channel. This Metro Express article and at least two other articles in a popular business paper "Jyllandsposten".

I think Fimp was also in the intellectual paper Weekendavisen recently.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling
This is quite big. The amount of Bitcoin related news articles in Denmark have been on the low end to say the least! Even though it's through Silk Road that more Danes will get to know Bitcoin, I still believe it's a very good way. You get some bitcoins in order to purchase real goods, which gives a feeling of it having actual value, next thing you know you stray away from Silk Road being the main interest and focus a lot on Bitcoin as the concept Smiley Well, that's at least how things worked out for me Cheesy
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
For any Bitcoin-curious Danes out there interested in meeting like minded folks, there is a meetup group forming:
  http://www.meetup.com/Bitcoin-Copenhagen/

Activity: 815
Merit: 1000
Saw it in the train today, maybe 200.000 other Danish as well.

Mostly about Silk Road, but mentioned Bitcoin 3 times, mostly as "100% untraceable" and what you pay with on SR.
Jump to: