Author

Topic: 2013-05-28 OkPay Suspends BitCoin Processing (Read 2094 times)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Could somebody tell me does I need to have verified account to be able to buy BitCoins and store them in OkPay? I mean it is possible, at all, to buy BTC in Okpay at all?
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
Any financial transactions involving exchangers and stock exchanges trading bitcoin are now prohibited

so am i breaking their TOS if i do deposit to an exchange via OKPAY?

I think OKPay added this notice to prevent legal attacks on it, however very unlikely they will froze your funds even if you break ToS (one this accident could drive away >50% of OKPay customers).
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
So the story was that OKPAY took bitcoin hiatus. Indeed okpay disappeared from both btc-e and mtgox deposit options.

But now it is back: both exchanges now have it in their options again.

But https://www.okpay.com/en/company/news/bitcoin-okpay-terms-of-use.html states:

Any financial transactions involving exchangers and stock exchanges trading bitcoin are now prohibited

so am i breaking their TOS if i do deposit to an exchange via OKPAY?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
This is my opinion only, but this is how I think they are going to try and crush BitCoin.

By making it difficult if not impossible to move fiat <--> BitCoin to the average non-technical user it will stifle the industry in a very deep way.

However,
The easiest way to do this right now that I have been using are:

CoinBase, currently allows you to buy BitCoin (up to 10 per day) directly after you have linked your bank account.

Dwolla->BitInstant->BTC-E and deposit your cash as BitCoin via a depost bitcoin address at BTC-E

I have yet to cash my bitcoins in for fiat yet, so I don't know if the reverse is true.

Please note that both options take 3-4 business days from bank to CoinBase/Dwolla
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
There must be a lot behind this story that we don't know about yet... I am thinking the fed is leaning on the MSBs that transfer cash to Bitcoin exchanges. Seems to me the noose is tightening on Gox.

Is it all bitcoin exchanges or just Gox specifically?
Activity: 131
Merit: 10
There must be a lot behind this story that we don't know about yet... I am thinking the fed is leaning on the MSBs that transfer cash to Bitcoin exchanges. Seems to me the noose is tightening on Gox.
Activity: 815
Merit: 1000
This is why we need a BITCOIN card.

(doesn't have to be mine, I know)
Activity: 358

Very likely that either MasterCard or a US govt agency (could be one of many) had issues with a BTC funded USD debit card.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Why don't exchanges start accepting Webmoney payment? Wait...you can just buy Bitcoins on Webmoney itself...
https://www.okpay.com/en/company/news/bitcoin-okpay-terms-of-use.html

HomeCompany InfoNews
Bitcoin processing temporarily suspended
5/27/2013
Dear customers, we are currently suspending bitcoin processing.

Back to the news list
Jump to: