Author

Topic: 2013-05-28 The Last New BTC Will Be Issued 15 to 55 Years Ahead Of Schedule (Read 1193 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
Date is fixed.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Would be interesting to observe any increase in deflationary forces - if it all - if currency population was matured.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
>15 to 55 Years Ahead Of Schedule
>Ahead Of Schedule
>Schedule
>implying there's a "schedule"

Well, there is a schedule, the article fails to understand that the schedule is measured in blocks, not minutes.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
NO DATE?

Kiba, please ask admins about moderation rights in the "Press" section.

I mean, seriously.

+1

Well it took me a few minutes to find the articles fail assumption:

The chart below shows what would happen if the bitcoin network pulled 1% further ahead of schedule every year (i.e. 10 years forward is 10% further ahead of schedule) – a as has been the trend since 2010

Apparently, this guy never mined Namecoins before the merged mining took effect... it'll balance out eventually. 

I don't believe mining power will continue to increase forever... unless the value of bitcoins continues to increase forever... ok, so I guess it's possible.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005
Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952
NO DATE?

Kiba, please ask admins about moderation rights in the "Press" section.

I mean, seriously.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Interesting but it is not a problem.

I would even call it good news because it is a function of interest in bitcoin and ongoing investment in the infrastructure
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
>15 to 55 Years Ahead Of Schedule
>Ahead Of Schedule
>Schedule
>implying there's a "schedule"
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Not gonna happen. The rate of mining increase is going to slow down. After ASICs, what new mining technology do you see will happen?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
Interesting but it is not a problem.
Activity: 267
Merit: 101
Interest read. I kind of enjoyed this little part given how it was said in such a serious article:

"and Butterfly Labs supposedly, maybe, eventually delivering thousands of backordered units"
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Jump to: