Author

Topic: 2013-05-29 Mozilla Foundation eyes Bitcoin donations (Read 1049 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Used to be a Firefox evangelist, and rally for them with the same enthusiasm as I have now for Bitcoin, haven't been one for a long time, since the browser and the web landscape has been fundamentally shifted, the war has already been won, and they were the guys that made it happen, Google only jumped on the bandwagon that Mozilla had built, in fact, Mozilla and Linux are the projects that gave me faith in the possibility of changing the world with the sort of open source projects that no big guy gives a damn about at the beginning.

This action would be important for me as I have long hoped to see them moving from Google as their main source of funding.

You have a very good point oakpacific. Whilst the benefits are great, I do find it a sad how Firefoxes marketshare has slowly declined over the last few years.

I am very interested to see how the recent revelations of NSA and other government agency spying in the US affects browser usage, etc. 
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1078
Used to be a Firefox evangelist, and rally for them with the same enthusiasm as I have now for Bitcoin, haven't been one for a long time, since the browser and the web landscape has been fundamentally shifted, the war has already been won, and they were the guys that made it happen, Google only jumped on the bandwagon that Mozilla had built, in fact, Mozilla and Linux are the projects that gave me faith in the possibility of changing the world with the sort of open source projects that no big guy gives a damn about at the beginning.

This action would be important for me as I have long hoped to see them moving from Google as their main source of funding.

You have a very good point oakpacific. Whilst the benefits are great, I do find it a sad how Firefoxes marketshare has slowly declined over the last few years.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
This is a good sign, there is so much potential pent up demand for Bitcoin, the more comfortable individuals and organizations become with it the more likely they are to act on that demand.
Activity: 536
Merit: 500
http://www.coindesk.com/mozilla-foundation-eyes-bitcoin-donations/

First kicked off two days ago, the thread on the Bitcoin subreddit has received favorable reactions from fellow users, some of whom said they’d donate to contribute to a free and open internet, “a shared goal of both the Mozilla project and the Bitcoin project.”
Jump to: