Author

Topic: 2013-07-12 Decentralized Hashing - Bitcoin: Back to 100 (Read 647 times)

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
Dude, your blog isn't "Press", even when if it reached the Reddit frontpage.
Moved to Off-topic as you just pasted a link in the OP and aren't expecting any discussion.
I see a lot of links posted without any context.  The forum rules say that the old section discouraged discussion, not that the new one requires it.  Go get rid of all those too.  

I get rid of those that come across my path, you can be sure.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
decentralizedhashing.com
Moved to Off-topic as you just pasted a link in the OP and aren't expecting any discussion.
I see a lot of links posted without any context.  The forum rules say that the old section discouraged discussion, not that the new one requires it.  Go get rid of all those too.  

The word "press" originally refers to printing presses.  There is kind of a feeling that to call something press there has to be an organization behind it.  Printing presses were not cheap to make or run, like large news media of today.  Luckily the internet is allowing us to decentralize this power.

The writing was bad this week, I should have done better before posting it.  There is very little vetting in individual operations, but that doesn't mean that they are not valid, and should not be given a chance.  The last couple weeks I put more time in and made good articles, I got a lot of good feedback here and other places.  People say I'm not press when my articles suck.  No that's just bad writing.  You see that in mainstream media too.  

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try harder next time.  Don't attempt to invalidate me though.  There is no reason for that.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
decentralizedhashing.com
I'd like it just fine if you were trying to help promote good information in the bitcoin world.  If you take issue with a particular slant or logical step in an article I would love to hear about it.  Otherwise you are basically saying that I'm too small time to matter and shouldn't be here.  You like the mainstream media?  Think they do a good job?  Why not promote more alternative sources?
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
I'm only putting a few stories up a week.  Have you ever tried writing online without major news credentials?

If you look at what my stories are about you will see that I'm working to promote bitcoin.

I had been meaning to say something, but got distracted by other responsibilities. Why not start threads on the forum, why does it have to be here? Can't your blog gain readership without pumping it out here? Hell, why don't I just start my own blog, submit my "news" here every day -- and see how you guys like it?

I just thought you'd have the social acuity to figure out the goals of this particular forum.
decentralizedhashing.com
I'm only putting a few stories up a week.  Have you ever tried writing online without major news credentials?

If you look at what my stories are about you will see that I'm working to promote bitcoin.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!
We understand you have a blog - what I don't get is the continual self-promotion.

Ah but you do Wink
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
We understand you have a blog - what I don't get is the continual self-promotion.
decentralizedhashing.com
Jump to: