Author

Topic: 2013-08-20 MT GOX Dwolla Seizure was $2,915,507.40 (Read 1387 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
The American gov surly isnt going to give it back just like that.
And Gox as always seems unconcerned by that and takes no action at all.
I guess they are making enough off insider trading.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
When will they sort this all out?

Will Mt Gox ever work with Dwolla again?
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
Did any consumers loose their money by the seizure or did MtGox loose it all and cover their clients deposits?  I am suprised Mtgox is still survivng after having that much capital tied up!  (And who knows if/when they will get it back)

The question I am wondering is if they are now operating with a fractional reserve?
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Did any consumers loose their money by the seizure or did MtGox loose it all and cover their clients deposits?  I am suprised Mtgox is still survivng after having that much capital tied up!  (And who knows if/when they will get it back)
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

They also had a bank account in Deleware in which funds were seized if I remember correctly.

Update: Wells Fargo, a/c# 7657841313

On May 9, 2013, the Honorable Stephanie A. Gallagher issued a seizure warrant for the
contents of the Mutum Sigillurn LLC account at Wells Fargo, based on the foregoing
information. Bank records also show that nearly all of the activity in that Wells Fargo account
consists of wires between that account and Dwolla, which represent bitcoin transactions for
customers. The other transactions in this account are not significant in number or amounts.
- http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Mt-Gox-Dwolla-Warrant-5-14-13.pdf
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
How do you get those court documents? Freedom of Information Act Requests?

This is all public information.  No need for a request.

http://www.pacer.gov/
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
Wow, that's a lot of money. Who is still expecting Gox to give them back all their money? I got mine out at the first signs of trouble.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
How do you get those court documents? Freedom of Information Act Requests?
Jump to: