Author

Topic: 2013-11-11 Fox Business: Don't expect bitcoin to die anytime soon (Read 1348 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
When Bitcoin doesn't go up by 14% each month I get worried.
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
The market is now valued at around $3.0 billion, and the total virtual currencies market is set to grow another 14% to $55.4 billion by 2017

Maybe I am just too bullish, but 14% growth in three years seems a little on the low side for Bitcoin doesn't it?   Cheesy

Am I missing something? I didn't take the time to calculate but my first thought is that 14% of 3 does not equal 52.4....

stupid cunt cant even do math. what do u expect from Fox Business?

btc is not the whole "total virtual currencies market"

as far as we know he expects all other virtual currencies to die off and btc go up to that 50 billion value.

reading makes maths fun.

Goat,

Are you implying that the market cap of the "total virtual currencies market" is roughly 48Bn???

I think we all understood the semantics, which is why I asked if I had missed something? For instance, if the market cap of all virtual currencies is indeed about 48Bn, then I have missed something....
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
The market is now valued at around $3.0 billion, and the total virtual currencies market is set to grow another 14% to $55.4 billion by 2017

Maybe I am just too bullish, but 14% growth in three years seems a little on the low side for Bitcoin doesn't it?   Cheesy

Am I missing something? I didn't take the time to calculate but my first thought is that 14% of 3 does not equal 52.4....

This. Is there anything Fox can do?
Activity: 462

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Activity: 901
Merit: 1033
BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

14%! That's hilarious. Evidently they know something we don't.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

1400% or bust!

I was hoping more for 140,000%  Grin 

That is probably closer than 14% anyways!
Activity: 353

1400% or bust!
legendary
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust

yeah, thats kind of boring for BTC  Wink
legendary
Merit: 1001

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Not openly hostile and even a bit pro Bitcoin. Surprising.
Jump to: