Author

Topic: 2013-11-16 [Video] WFMZ 69 News: Subway Accepts Digital Currency Bitcoin (Read 894 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
He still need to make his POS system handle this out of the box. Then its perfect Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
man.... imagine if more local news channels started doing stories on the very fact that xyz business is taking bitcoin. To make local news just because you take Bitcoin is A: freaking HUGE! B: will make the awareness of Bitcoin spread like wildfire amongst general population in the particular localities.

In summary, this is phenomenal!
Activity: 526
Merit: 508
My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck
Loved it.

Wish I could force every restaurant owner in the world to see it; we'd have bitcoin economy dominance by springtime!

Any of you guys know a brick-and-mortar store owner/manager?

MAKE THEM WATCH THIS NOW. 
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
Are subways technically allowed to this is?
I imagine that all franchises have signed agreements with the their processors and it probably stipulates that you cannot accept other forms of payments that are outside of the processor since they are charging fees on a per transaction basis.

It is quite interesting but I wonder how long it'll be before we see more and more of this.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Great local TV segment about the Subway in Allentown, PA, USA.  All positive and zero FUD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u_poGz0tNc

Jump to: